Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Captain Falcon
Oooooh yeeeeeah!! I finally got paiiidddd!!!! *victory dance*

The problem with getting paid is when you've spent it all, you long to be wealthy again. At least if you never had it, you can't miss it. Unless you're like in that you hardly spend any...

Well, as for my day, I've not been work as I'm off all this week and boy, have I been bored. Woke up at about 11:30 and pretty much just sat on the computer for several hours before having an equally long session on Street Fighter IV, and that's it.

The thought of doing this for the next few days is enough to make me want to go back in work - it's not a bad job I do all told.

My brother who's been in Australia for the last 18 months is due back this week, so hopefully, it will help liven things up a little. It will be strange though. I'd gotten used to to peace and quiet of him not being around and I can see that being the first thing to go out the window.

I know I just said that I'm hoping his return will help to offer some form of entertainment but that's just because I'm not used to having such periods of time off. I enjoy the quietness in the evenings and weekends because I've been busy at work. When I'm doing so little during the day, I don't need that relaxation time, I need something else instead.

Well, apart from the school bullshit that has been well and truly documented in the Sexuality Thread, today has been awesome. Had some proper good convos on MSN (Ellmeister gets a particular shoutout here for really cheering me up), sorted my headfuck out a bit, discovered a new band, discovered Brand New are touring and quite possibly come very close to going to Reading Fest. I am actually fucking HAPPY right now, and feeling good about things in general. I did not see this coming, and N-E has a lot to do with this. I'll probably go into school tomorrow and have my optimism crushed, but fuck it I feel good right now.

I think I've discovered I really like dismantling things and fixing things. I'm turning my PC into a hackintosh - finally getting it right today - which has taken quite some time to perfect, especially since I couldn't get it to detect my hard drives at first. And I bought a Torx 8 screwdriver on ebay which arrived today, so I could take apart a couple of my 360 pads and clean them (one had sticky buttons, clearly something had been spilled on it - the other was full of dirt. It had bits of tobacco in the rumble motor, I don't even smoke!)

Guest Captain Falcon
Wow, just listening to it, and I'm finding it hard not to listen to him. What a great leader. :)

He's only been in office two months - to deem him already a great leader is a bit premature don't you think? If you mean what a great speaker, then of course I would have to agree with you on that.

I think we know who's to blame for that, then. I love taking stuff apart, seeing how stuff works. How much does one of those screwdrivers cost? I could do with cleaning mine out, the A button is getting dodgily stickydowny on one of them.

He's only been in office two months - to deem him already a great leader is a bit premature don't you think? If you mean what a great speaker, then of course I would have to agree with you on that.

Well, I think he's already better than the last one.

Yeah, I guess it is a tiny bit premature, but I already feel as if he's been leading people for quite some time. Unofficially, that is.

Also, I've been wanting to do this for some time...

FALCON KICK!

Enfield is incredibly dated nowadays. Hell, I remember thinking it was behind the times in the mid 90s.

Most sketch shows are now sadly. Some of his work in Harry Enfield and Chums was good, but alot of his material in the originally titled Harry Enfield's Television Programme, was genius.

English for Aliens and the Playboys will always have a warm place in my heart.

Here's another classic, at the first Fun I crack up.

Wow, just listening to it, and I'm finding it hard not to listen to him. What a great leader. :)

The idea of a relatively young black man becoming President of the USA seemed, when first announced in (iirc) 2006, ridiculous - nothing more than a faint hope, a whisper. A string of brilliant speeches coupled with high-profile endorsements pushed him into the limelight in Europe and the rest of the English-speaking world. When the primaries/caucuses were coming up, it became a case of "have you heard about Obama?". The wheels were in motion.

After taking Iowa, the first of the caucuses, the first glimmer of success shone through. Half-way through, with Clinton, one of the favourites since the beginning, still very much in the running, nothing was certain. When he passed the post, things were looking up for a while, but then a problem came - McCain.

McCain was always a very, very strong candidate, to the point were I often would think there was no way Obama could do it. On election night, I was the most nervous I've ever been - and that includes even things like asking someone out or loosing my virginity - my future seriously stood on the outcome of this election. After a majority of the east coast was called, things were very much as they were expected to be. North Carolina went Obama's way, and suddenly, I saw the light - this may just go well. American may just be ready for a black President.

Things were only settled for me, however, at 3:30 GMT - Fox News, of all places, called Ohio for Obama. This was unprecedented - a famously conservative news channel calling a crucial swing state in favour of it's arch-enemy sealed the deal. Obama had one. The American public had done what the world had wanted it to do for the last 8 years. America was once again ready to lead the way to a better future, and what a man it chose to lead it. God bless ye, Yanks! :awesome:

popped to the pub for a fair well drink with my mate. not exactly close to him, but when a guys going away for 6 months to the outher side of the world, it would feel harsh to say "nah, im just gonna play killzone"

also, hit the gym today, my endurence is starting to return, my strength is pretty much the same as ever. i love pushing my limits, feeling the burn, the tightness of blood vessles, the sweat, the dizzyness when your done. really makes you feel alive, and when you dig deep and get that extra few kgs, that extra mile, it feels like youve done somthing.

i do love how my arms get pumped up after weights. I'm not the biggest guy in the gym, but i out last alot of the outhers on the tread mill. i can't belive i just let myself be unfit for so any years

The idea of a relatively young black man becoming President of the USA seemed, when first announced in (iirc) 2006, ridiculous - nothing more than a faint hope, a whisper. A string of brilliant speeches coupled with high-profile endorsements pushed him into the limelight in Europe and the rest of the English-speaking world. When the primaries/caucuses were coming up, it became a case of "have you heard about Obama?". The wheels were in motion.

I did my research project on obama, and while i challenged myself to do it without reading his bios etc, i got a second hand look of what people saw him as. I've studied Nixon, Kennedy and Bush and honestly, this man was born to lead right from the start, more so than the others (save maybe kennedy) an outspoken journal from 2004 described him uniting his editoral team in the harvard review, and went on to say that he would be president in the same article. Thats a bold statement to make, and from a wellknown journal, its no hoohar it's truth =]

My DAY

showed my friend pictures of cats from 12 till 2 am to convince her cats were better, i got to see her dog... got up at 730 to do a presentation working thing for 11, finished and printed and ready to go 10 minutes before i had to be there, got 60% for it, awwh yeh, if only i had more time =[

Found out one of my friends (and closest friend on the course) has been called up to national service at the end of the month, for a year, i don't know what its gonna be like without him at the lectures, guess we'll have to make the most of it from now till the end of march.

Finally i watched frost vs nixon with the friend from before, then we argued about it, and then looked up famous romanians (shes romanian, not famous) and she got angry when some presenter wasn't on there. So i argued saying he wasn't all that etc all the while not really knowing who he was. Now i'm here, saying this, and should get some sleep for a 9 o clock start, or read the watchmen again in time for the showing on wednesday...

decisions decisions

Went to the rival uni's juggle society. Realised I am seriously unfit. I was sweating in teh weirdest places. Disgusting. Ugly. Gtfo.

Pub afterwards = meet weird gay guy who works in the circus for 8 months of the year (I saw him at Zippo's circus in brighton 3 years ago) who sucks his own cock and likes good horror movies. His "wife", who I had actually met before, kept on telling me about "this guy that is interested in her" (despite teh fact that I wasn't interested in her) and the joys of being a barmaid. Lots of good conversation and a genuine feeling that I had made some new friends.

Made some decisions re: uni today, and had a lengthy chat with nami about allsorts. Mostly the recognition of other people as 'people'. Gonna watch the new House along with arrested development and Breaking bad then fall asleep content with my life and with plans to get fitter and less sweaty.

Indeeed.

Your saying lolcats alot today and them comments are insane.
That was... the only time I ever mentioned lolcats all day :|

I think I've discovered I really like dismantling things and fixing things. I'm turning my PC into a hackintosh - finally getting it right today - which has taken quite some time to perfect, especially since I couldn't get it to detect my hard drives at first. And I bought a Torx 8 screwdriver on ebay which arrived today, so I could take apart a couple of my 360 pads and clean them (one had sticky buttons, clearly something had been spilled on it - the other was full of dirt. It had bits of tobacco in the rumble motor, I don't even smoke!)

I think we know who's to blame for that, then.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Rumbled! How the fuck does tobacco get intot eh rumble motors, though? Still, I accept full responsibility.

Sometimes I actually fuggin love being ill. Bought Chrono Trigger for DS on Saturday and I'm already 21 hours through it. Totally reminded myself why I love this game so damn much. I mean, cutesy as it is at times, that's what makes it all the more charming, everything about it is just so damn endearing. It's a good thing Chrono Trigger isn't a woman, because she would be very very pregnant right now.

In other news, cheers Dan, for introducing me to Mogwai! Something interesting to listen to on the train tomorrow.

Guest Captain Falcon

Also, I've been wanting to do this for some time...

FALCON KICK!

Were you wanting to say that to me or just in general?

Went to the rival uni's juggle society. Realised I am seriously unfit. I was sweating in teh weirdest places. Disgusting. Ugly. Gtfo.

Gonna watch the new House along with arrested development and Breaking bad then fall asleep content with my life and with plans to get fitter and less sweaty.

You do realize that if you get too fit, you could end up sweating just as much?

You do realize that if you get too fit, you could end up sweating just as much?

But if I'm sweating whilst climbing everest, or running a marathon, it's way better than just because I'm throwing three juggling balls about for 20 mins. The sweat itself isn't a problem, it's just the timing that gets to me :P

Oh, I also got invited to go to Thailand for 5 weeks, at the cost of £700 inc. flights, accomodation and food. While I know this is a genuinely good offer, and probably an amount of money that would equate to less than what I'd spend if I stayed in england for the same amount of time... I'm just too scared to take my blind, deaf arse abroad and into the whims of people I do no understand.

Headed out to edit my trailer for media studies on some fancy Macs yesterday, got the majority of my clips up including the soundtrack. I recorded a (very low-budget) car chase yesterday, and the superb ReZourceman has recorded that trailer-voice-over-voice for me, so I'm going back today to resume. Hopefully it turns out well. ;)

Only been awake since 8 but applied for a few jobs :) How the hell do you answer the question

"why would you like to work for our company" 250 words.. GO!

Is there certain things you have to mention? I just generally bullsh!t it. your company can help me grow blahblah, exciting opportunity blahblah etcetc

Maybe i should start a job application thread...

Anywho rest of day is uni 11-1 (surveying) watchmen at 1pm the light, leeds. Then measurement, estimating and tendering 4-6 and cricket training 8.30 - 9.30 :)

So train to Leeds now, byeee

Edited by Daniel

Only been awake since 8 but applied for a few jobs :) How the hell do you answer the question

"why would you like to work for our company" 250 words.. GO!

Is there certain things you have to mention? I just generally bullsh!t it. your company can help me grow blahblah, exciting opportunity blahblah etcetc

Anywho rest of day is uni 11-1 (surveying) watchmen at 1pm the light, leeds. Then measurement, estimating and tendering 4-6 and cricket training 8.30 - 9.30 :)

So train to Leeds now, byeee

Never write in any sense or form that you are a fan of the company/business/place etc.

Headed out to edit my trailer for media studies on some fancy Macs yesterday, got the majority of my clips up including the soundtrack. I recorded a (very low-budget) car chase yesterday, and the superb ReZourceman has recorded that trailer-voice-over-voice for me, so I'm going back today to resume. Hopefully it turns out well. ;)

Awwwww yeeaaahhhh.

Your trailer sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.

Do it. It may then motivate me :p Good luck with the job hunt though :)

Supergrunch my grasp of the SW hypothesis is limited as its only an additional bit whacked into essays. In fact my go to source for it is a folklore book which I think says it all :heh:

Yesterday was average shaped. Didn't do much. Couldn't really get into the uni work mode.

Today has been a bit more productive. Woke up at 7.20 and spent the last three hours (minus a 15 minute trip to the bank to set up an ISA) sorting it out. Look what I do for you people! :heh: (of course it was Michael who did the upgrade, I don't want to take credit for that, but I've been faffing around making sure everything else is in order.

Going to work through my list of things to do today. Got four hours before I have to leave for my lecture. Should be okay.

And just checked my phone usage. In the next ten days I have 350 messages to be sent and 550 minutes to use. Anyone on my phonebook prepare to be annoyed :p

Edited by Ashley