N-Europe

Hmm, how weird.

I worked for a call centre in Newport during the Summer, and they had huge ambitions and were going to get really far, it seemed. Well, just got wind that the company has gone into liquidation.

Feeling pretty disappointed and sad for them. Made so many friends there in the summer, and was half tempted not to come back to Brighton. Daaamn.

My last lecture with my Gaius Baltar lookalike lecturer. Bit pointless but ah well.

Then on my way to town I got phoned by work asking if I'd come in. I was going in anyway to tell them I can't work boxing day so kinda had to. Was alright. They are going to try and sort out boxing day for me but I'd imagine its going to be a faff. Its the one 'holiday period' days I can't do.

I proposed me, my housemate and her boyfriend watch Dark Knight tomorrow but they came in today and rented it and are now watching it. I mentioned I wanted to watch it with them and my housemate just said "you can watch it by yourself later". THANKS!

Oh well, ho hum.

The Facebook picture whining update. It's getting fun!

"Carol-Ann [Old school friend]: Derek don't be a jackass just because you can be. Please delete your comments and don't insult my friends at random.

Kirsty [Deep throat]: Oh I feel so bad right now I'm so sorry I insulted your name... oh oh wait no im not ... If your gonna insult people you dont even know dick head get use to insults back... I suggest you go find yourself some friends clearly you have to much time on your hands!

EEVIL [pr0]:No no it's fine, I'm all for give-and-take. I just thought you could do better.

Carol. No."

Carol-Ann has since texted another friend [Vickie] this: "god why does derek have to be a jerk for no reason? he keeps insulting my friends". Whiny bitch

She makes it sound like I make habit out of it. :D

This is bullshit. Carol-Ann has deleted the whole confrontation.

Heh, goddamn those housemates.

As a whole, today has been alright. Taught two lessons which went ok, although I had to really give a stern talking to one of my classes, as they've been sucking in the homework department. As in, they don't do it, or bring it in when they do do it.

So, I may be handing out detentions tomorrow, which has to be done, but it's their own piggin' fault. They've been given enough time!

Also, our school is quite traditional, and you can give other people these candy canes at Christmas with messages attached to them. Well, I keep getting these...nice messages from the pupils. Since Thursday, I've had one each day, although I've had two on Friday. So, ok, altogether it's four, but it seems like a lot. People just come into my classroom, say its anonymous and run off.

Today, mine said "You're what I go to school 4" heart and four kisses.

Another just had a wink, heart, and four kisses.

Just incase you forgot, it's an all-girl's school. It just seems pretty...strange. I dunno who they're from, or why they're sending them. Should be doing their bluddy homework!

As for the rest of the day, it's ok. Up by myself as everyone has gone to bed, and I want to play guitar, but don't wanna wake people. A bit bored really, I think. Although, I've been trying to keep fit, so have been doing press-ups and stuff, which is going ok.

friemd who messed me about this weekend has text again. tried to give me some of the blaim, saying i didnt arange satying at his with him. fails on two counts.

1. i did, i remeber the conversation, and i even double checked.

2. he sprung up un announced on me last year, expecting to sleep in my room, not just crashing on my sofa.

its typical of him, such great morals, untill he has to act on them.

im tierd of it. im tierd of always being mr nice guy with my mates, letting them take advantage of it. if they dont do the same back, im not alowed to be angry, but if i do anything, ive got some type of problem.

Cheers people for the kind words and e-hugs.

Shit man, it sucks at this time of year. My granddad died almost exactly 2 years ago to the day, it was kind of expected at the time, but it was still a shock to the system.

Have an e-hug! *e-hugs*

In other news, fluid mechanics is officially the most bizarrely complex and dull thing since...well, ever...

This is bullshit. Carol-Ann has deleted the whole confrontation.

To be fair I'd tell you to fuck off if you did the same to me. *has high school drama flash backs*

:heh:

My day's not going to be all that exciting, finished my essay and that's due in at 4pm, going to get my animation results at the same time, whee. Currently dying my hair so it looks semi decent over christmas! Hoping to go to harmer at 6 and get some more work done on my tasks considering nearly all of them are done now wooho.

My be the only person to finally sign up for youtube and even then I've only done so for one of my tasks for uni! Bit lame as I never use youtube for anything other than music videos. Need to start packing soon, which I could go home today, but ideally I need to get ahold of a friend who is getting flash 8 and fireworks for me. yay!

Found out also that somebody likes me, it's an odd feeling because usually when I'm liked by somebody the feeling is returned and it just isn't..I mean I'm sure I could like this guy, but why? It'd feel mean and awful to go out with them when I don't want a relationship yet, but I feel guilty for leading them on...oh why bother!

To be fair I'd tell you to fuck off if you did the same to me. *has high school drama flash backs*

:heh:

I find it a bit weird how she couldn't let her friend try and defend herself before jumping in. To be honest I wouldn't have "minded" as such if someone said the same about one of my friends.

I find it a bit weird how she couldn't let her friend try and defend herself before jumping in. To be honest I wouldn't have "minded" as such if someone said the same about one of my friends.

There's your problem sir! Not everybody sees the same way as you do, plus a friend is supposed to defend their friend, makes sense no? :shakehead

Can I come here to vent? Is that cool?

I'm working for a Legal Recruitment agency, I was doing research/support work eg. finding CVs, job vacancies, sorting out any problems, but a month ago I was called in and told me because of the state of the market I had two choices, hand in my months notice or work commission only as a headhunter.

Well I have a flat to pay for and bills and food so I took the headhunter job.

The role basically entails me hunting the internet and emailing lawyers asking if they want to move. If I get their CV, I send it onto one of the consultants who will then try to place the candidate and if they are placed I get a percentage of what the company gets. Simple enough.

Now I took the job because my boss assured me I'd be ok, he promised me the money I'd be earning would more than make up for original salary and he gave me his word he'd do everything to make sure I can pay my bills. Well it has been a little over a month and none of the consultants have yet to place my candidates. I have brought in over 50 great CV's and I get the feeling that they really aren't trying to place them. My candidates are all top quality lawyers and yet I've found out many of them haven't even been contacted by the consultants.

I've brought this up with my boss and he said 'it's all fine, I'll be ok'. I getting really fed up of working my ass off to get nothing out of it! I keep wondering if I should give in my months notice and look somewhere else but then I might end up with no job and no income. I could look for a job now and give my notice when I find one but who knows how long that will take? and I really need money coming in now.

It's not a great situation to be in.

There's your problem sir! Not everybody sees the same way as you do, plus a friend is supposed to defend their friend, makes sense no? :shakehead

I still stand by my defendings point. If someone leapt in front of me in such a situation I'd feel slightly offended as they believe I couldn't defend myself on my own.

Not knowing how the whole legal business works but you've made some (granted casual) acquaintances on route yes? Either with legal firms from your old job or even those who you've been emailing to encourage them to move from your new job. Couldn't you speak to them and see if theres any openings at their firms? Explaining how you were forced to take this job (essentially) and you're not earning anything now because of it.

Or is there any 'head office' like thing (if its a big law firm anyway) that you can speak to about your boss?

Not knowing how the whole legal business works but you've made some (granted casual) acquaintances on route yes? Either with legal firms from your old job or even those who you've been emailing to encourage them to move from your new job. Couldn't you speak to them and see if theres any openings at their firms? Explaining how you were forced to take this job (essentially) and you're not earning anything now because of it.

Or is there any 'head office' like thing (if its a big law firm anyway) that you can speak to about your boss?

Where I work, we're aren't actually a law firm, we just find lawyers and find them jobs elsewhere, plus we're a quite a small company so my boss owns it all.

However I do like your idea of seeing if my contacts might have any opportunities for me, granted they would most likely be law related and well...let's just say I didn't need a Law degree to get this job so I'm would be qualified for a Legal Secretary, Paralegal or Lawyer role but I'll see what I can find, thanks :)

Finished Uni for xmas now. Got no reason to go in, unless the psychology department hauls me in, so it's nice to relax again. Although, it's just gone past 1pm and I'm starting to get bored. I'll go out a little later to finish my xmas shopping. Want it done before the weekend as I've had to do xmas shopping on the weekend before xmas and it's an absolute nightmare so I'm going to be sensible and finish today. Just chocolates to buy for the family and thats it.

Dunno what I'll do for the rest of the day after that. I have some writing to do for some articles which means I have a proper excuse to play games. :heh: Feel like going to the cinema though but there's nothing goog on yet. Twilight is out on Friday I believe so I may go and see that and Yes Man isn't out till boxing day so don't know when I'll get to go and see that.

@ EEVIL - I don't get offended when someone jumps in to help defend me. Perhaps I'm just different. In some cases, it's necessary to allow people to do so. It doesn't show a weakness in anyone by letting someone do it.

WOO! It's still light and I'm waking up :D

Gota SPLIFF on its way over, dead chuffed. Then going to watch Waking Life for the film club, which everyone else has forgotten about, then sit and stare at a wall, or something, because Shorty's xbox has broken again. May actually hook up the n64 or the GC, though!