Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Has anyone here ever been on a course at Uni, hated the first year but then gives the second year a go, then realises it isn't the course for them and doesn't know what to do 2 days into the second year?

Anyone?

Me! Except I decided to finish the second year as well, and then figured I could start the third year too even though I didn't like it. But then halfway through the third I decided I'd had enough and quit. So I kinda wasted three years. =P

If you really really don't like it and don't think you want to do anything with it later on, then it might be good to consider changing into something else. Maybe talk to someone about it and what your options are?

So just got back from Alton Towers. Had an amazing time. We stayed in the Alton Towers hotel for 2 nights and done the park, the water park and spent 3 hours in the spa! :D

Done the actual park yesterday (mon) and it was EMPTY. We got in early at 9 as we were staying in the hotel and no was straight on all the rides. Had done all the big main ones by 11 and we done everything we wanted to do by 3 and was like hmmm lets go on air again for the 3rd time.

The longest queue was for Burger King and a slide in the water park where we queued for 10 minutes with a rubber ring... I was like WTF is all this queuing about im used to straight on!! heh :)

Was a good couple of days and an early Birthday present from the missus! back to work tomorrow though :( booooooooo

More importantly, can you pronounce her name yet? :heh:

Hm. Yesterday was good. Went out to the shops a total of four times to buy stuff for breadmaking, and ended up successfully breaking in our breadmaker. Then I wrote the introduction to my dissertation and drank some cider etc.

Haha. :p

Another great day. :) We met up at hers and had fun for a while (;)), then went and got a bite to eat at pizza hut. After that we went and saw District 9 (which I don't at all regret to say I missed some of) and went back to hers for a bit. We sorted out the discussion times with our tutor via e-mail as well as enjoying some good old fashioned kissing. :p

Tomorrow sounds a bit boring, but it's afternoon onwards. But of course, I'll be arriving on campus some time in the morning. ;)

Edited by Sheikah

First day of work since...May (I think, thats when the two bank holidays were yes?)

Anywho it was okay. Had an induction and met a few other people who started today doing the same thing. One of them was quite fit, but she was quite ditzy. Yet to be seen if it should be a cause of concern :heh: Although lord knows when I'll next see any of them. They phoned me earlier in the day asking if I could do a lecture tonight so I said okay, which left me with two hours to kill between the induction and lecture so I went to a nearby friend's and ate an undercooked pizza (ran out of time). I think I may end up popping in there a lot...

Then the awkward waiting in the reception trying to find the two students bit. Found one and he was happy to go to the lecture room then I thought I found the other one but suddenly Jodie rang so I made a point of saying I'm trying to find someone, finished with her and it turns out that was the guy. Lecture was a typical first lecture in that there was no point in me being there, all introductory. Split into four seminar groups, two at a time. My two people were in two different seminar groups, one after the other. Which not only meant I did the same rubbish seminar (another get to know you thing in which we did silly tasks and had to share our name and a random fact, mine being during the summer I gave a station announcement at Kyoto train station) twice in a row, but I stayed there til late. May see if I can bump the student in the later seminar into the earlier one...dunno if I can. Will need his permission first obviously. But at least I'm getting paid 1:15 worth of time to type up notes I didn't make (as there were none to be taken).

And then had chocolate and a can of G&T at the train station. CLASSY! Then walked home singing Brand New to myself. COOL!

Edited by Ashley

Bit of a rubbish day. Felt really tired and therefore slept from 20:30-24:00 - which is prime working time.

I have been set two projects so far from my two 3D modules - due in 2 weeks. And one hasn't been started and the other is not going well at all. Lame.

Bit of a rubbish day. Felt really tired and therefore slept from 20:30-24:00 - which is prime working time.

I have been set two projects so far from my two 3D modules - due in 2 weeks. And one hasn't been started and the other is not going well at all. Lame.

Hooray for school stress, right? I know how you feel. It's only the second week of school and already I'm swimming in tasks, assignments, deadlines and presentations that need to be done. Plus there's the project I'm doing outside of school as well, which has deadlines all over October/November. >.>;

I feel pretty miserable at the moment. I simply couldn't fall asleep last night, no matter how hard I tried. My mind kept thinking about everything at once it seemed, most noticeably school and my possible future. And I couldn't make it stop. Ended up falling asleep past 3:30, but kept constantly waking up, only to have to get out of bed at 6:30. And now 9 hours of school await me, hooray! X3

I also think I'm becoming ill, again. Seems to happen every two months or something. =(

Up before my alarm, and feeling alright. Was talking to hot-girl-from-work on facebook chat. I've decided that she's not interested. She doesn't instigate conversation and she isn't sending out any signals at all. My colleagues apparently made her snap the other day, getting her angry and shouting and stuff. My colleagues aren't helping.

Not got a lot to do today. Finish work at 3.45. What to do?

__

I've forgotten what that stress was like. I've been able to get a good night's sleep for ages, just not having to worry about the future like that. Yet tomorrow I start uni again...

Eenuh you've always seemed on top of your work even if it does stress you out. Just remember how quick college has been up til now! It'll all be over soon.

Wes; hate it when they give you next to no time to do a project, let alone when the modules are ignorant of the work you have to do for other modules at the same time. No chance of any extensions?

Dyson; HA. Now you know how I feel, except the Touch for you was literally Rent for me.

Wes; hate it when they give you next to no time to do a project, let alone when the modules are ignorant of the work you have to do for other modules at the same time. No chance of any extensions?

Doubtful, I'd get my assed rammed if I asked. Luckily I like that, though.

Not got a lot to do today. Finish work at 3.45. What to do?

Something involving alcohol no doubt. ;)

Which is exactly what you should be doing with this lass you've buckled on, as if you make a move and get pimpsmacked [not in the way you'd prefer] you can blame the beer/pansy cider :heh:.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Something involving alcohol no doubt. ;)

Which is exactly what you should be doing with this lass you've buckled on, as if you make a move and get pimpsmacked [not in the way you'd prefer] you can blame the beer/pansy cider :heh:.

Good idea. Not in 'til 4pm tomorrow. But then, got uni at 9am. I'm going to return to the 'ignoring' her routine. See if she initiates some form of communication. How is cider pansy when it's pretty much always stronger than beer! :P

Oh yeah - yesterday I dropped my phone, then it overheated while i was calling someone... and now it's started up fine and there are an extra 40 pictures that I thought I lost on it still. This randomness might mean it will work with my pc cable, and I can upload again, woot!

Eenuh you've always seemed on top of your work even if it does stress you out. Just remember how quick college has been up til now! It'll all be over soon.

Heh I'm one of those people who spends a lot of time thinking about what needs to be done, but doesn't actually finish the things until the deadline is there. Last-minute stuff. =P

And I'm kinda in my 7th year in college/uni/whatever now, so it feels like it's been an eternity already haha. Save meeeeee. X3

So far today has been a bit boring, and right now I'm starting to feel really tired heh. Wanna go home but I have about 5 and a half hours to go still... though I might try to sneak out earlier. =P

I've forgotten what that stress was like. I've been able to get a good night's sleep for ages, just not having to worry about the future like that. Yet tomorrow I start uni again...

It's the good thing about the 9-5 grind. Work ends at 5 and that's it until the next day. No staying up late doing assignments and no revision for exams, just chilled evenings. I like it.

But uni holidays are immense.

Me! Except I decided to finish the second year as well, and then figured I could start the third year too even though I didn't like it. But then halfway through the third I decided I'd had enough and quit. So I kinda wasted three years. =P

If you really really don't like it and don't think you want to do anything with it later on, then it might be good to consider changing into something else. Maybe talk to someone about it and what your options are?

Third year is placement year so the decision needs to be made sharpish.

I will go and talk to the head of year, the person who I talked to last year. I went ealier and her timetable looked packed. Will be going tomorrow sometime.

It's a massive shame, really.

Today I had another 9:15 start and had to program pong in an hour or so. Fffunsies. The rest of the day I will try and motivate myself to work.

Has anyone here ever been on a course at Uni, hated the first year but then gives the second year a go, then realises it isn't the course for them and doesn't know what to do 2 days into the second year?

Anyone?

I did that with Japanese. I dropped out at the end of the first term of the second year and changed course starting that September. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Other people who weren't happy and stuck with it either failed the year, got a crap grade or/and wished they had done something else.

If there is another course that you're interested in you should be able to do it for this academic year because you're only a couple days in. Make sure you find out about the course you want to do in depth and if that takes time then take a year out. In the end I got a job with SquEx for a year and made some great and also some very useful friends. As long as your year is productive it is just, possible more, valuable than anything you will do at university (as long as you get you degree as well).

I really think sticking with it is the worst possible option unless you really aren't sure.

Was happily working away on a report and just near the end my mother comes in and disrupted my momentum. I now need to bring myself to actually finish it. I was doing the discussion section and about to talk about improvements before she wrecked it. Oh well, at least I know it'll be finished at some point this afternoon which is good as it needs to be handed in tomorrow morning.

As a result of the disruption, I've been helping gathering up my brother's guitars and pedals for shipping. He's been MIA for weeks now and claims to be in Nottingham (how he got there with no money I'll never know) so it's all being sent. He did ask for the 360 and PS3 to be sent to him but I've put an end to that one.

Anyway, need to try and get back to my report and also retune freeview on my tv. Sounds like fun :D

My friend lied to me about how he bought me Guitar Hero for the pettiest of reasons, it was broken from the box and another bit is now more broken because it was iffy but we carelessly played anyway.

So now I don't think I can take it back and I'm so annoyed at him. So he's simply ignored anything I said after I said the store isn't going to accept without a receipt which I expected.

£50 down the fooking drain. What a drag to the day.

£50 down the fooking drain. What a drag to the day.

What kind of a friend sells you a broken Guitar Hero controller? that's pretty low... sounds like he was trying to offload it because he couldn't be bothered to deal with returning it or w/e.

He sold me a rock band box but it was broken =/

Which part's broken? Guitar/Drums/Mic?

If it's the guitar then I'd advise getting a Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar to replace it because it's sturdier, if it's the mic then... USB mics are cheap, but if it's the drums then... well yeah :/ but if it's just the pedal then those can be replaced. :)