Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Well, we've been together for one month and I can't really say that I love her, if you know what I mean. That kind of love you feel when you've been together for longer than that. I can't describe it that well.

But I did tell her that she is the only one for me (about a hundred times because we had this discussion from the first week on...).

This happened right now (we're chatting):

After I've asked her: "Is is so hard for you to believe me that you are the only one?"

She answered: "Actually it is...but it's not your fault, it's just me thinking too much."

That is what I've been doing all the time. Since the time we've been together I had this discussion a lot. A LOT.

Edit: Well, I did it again. Saying that she's the only one. She's my darling and that kind of stuff.

Now, it's all good again. Until next time...

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to sit her down and really tell her properly. Don't wait for her to say anything, pre-empt her insecurities and really show her that you aren't going to hurt her. Just convince her that she has no reason to worry. It would be a shame for something like this to cause a break-up or anything.

Remember when I said that being in a relationship is great (or: Did you notice me saying that being in a relationship is great?)?

Is it a bad sign if I begin questioning that statement?

Don't get me wrong, my girlfriend is amazing. But there is one thing that annoys me like hell...I'd like to call it "fishing for compliments" but that's not exactly it.

Picture this:

She: "I will be at a friend's next saturday."

Me: "Ok."

She: "What will you do then?"

Me: "I guess I'll invite some mates and get into a videogame session."

She: "I bet you'll meet with a girl and do something bad."

Me: "Why would you think that?"

She: "Why don't you answer me? It's because you WILL meet a girl, right? You're just evading."

Me: "No, I won't and I'm not."

She: "Ah, come on..."

or:

She: "You like other girls, don't you?"

Me: "Well, I guess I do. As friends."

She: "Oh, ok..." *is pissed*

She is the jealous type and I can deal with that. But I hate it when she insinuates that I might do something I would never do...but telling her that only makes it worse.

Maybe I'm overreacting...it's my first real relationship...maybe I'm making mistakes in those conversations. I don't know...

Well, I had to post this here...Right now I don't exactly have what you might call a friend to whom you could talk to about that kind of stuff.

I know the feeling. I had a missue like that. They have no problem going out with their mates etc, but as soon as you go out with yours... you're obviously playing the field and going to have an affair. As suggested earlier, a compliment here and there does help, but a good sit down and stern talk will help too. Failing that, consult these remixed VGCats instructions.

dr4.jpg

Day.

I got my timetable. I have Fridays off. Good!

We have more 3D modules and the stuff we have to do sounds good. Excellent!

Found out some stuff going on when I'm in London in October. Outstanding!

I got my loan/grant money so I'm getting an iphone sometime soon. Teeeen eightyyyyyy!

Saw people I totally didn't miss over the holiday and could do without this year. Failure!

Overall, the good outweighs the bad. Because of that I must say it was a good day.

So as I mentioned before, as part of my "nobody gives a crap" season of HWYD posts, Hot Girl was working today, on my day off, with co-workers telling me yesterday they were going to try and get something happening between us. Good news is she's talking to me right now on facebook, which means she isn't totally wanting to distance herself from me. She wants me to teach her how to juggle. PHASE TWO PHASE TWO!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS PHASE TWO?!

Dude she totally wants to fuck you.

I'm so angry. I based my life around getting Juda Beans and the thread is closed.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Bahhhh, so annoyed!

So yesterday I missed a 4 hour lecture because no one in my school seemed to know where it was being held. The same lecture was supposed to be held again this afternoon, so I emailed the lecturer to ask where it's being held. I just received an email (at 9:30) to hear the timetable is wrongggggg, and the lecture started this morning at 8:30. So yes, I missed it again. Grahhh, hate my school sometimes. >(

Also seems I'll be having a lot less free time than I initially thought. Why can't they be clear about things? Is it that hard to say "you have to be in at these times, the rest you're off"?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Is screen burn when an image on your TV stays behind faintly? Cos....thats really annoying.

yup. Can happen on pc monitors too if you leave a static image up too long.

----

Been an excellent couple of days for me. I'm back in University and spent the last couple of days sorting out bits and pieces. Getting to know some coursemates too- all of whom seem really sound and one of whom is utterly gorgeous. She has me in rapture already and it's only been 2 days. Oh dear.

oh and I have my timetable. It's absolutely savage, but I want it to be. All is good.

Today is registration! I'm due in around half 2 and I'm meeting people at half 12 for a snoop around the societies fair before hand. Should be good!

Truly hurt and peed off, my sisters gone and done something incredibly stupid and I had to sit up on facebook and whatnot researching her crap because her poor boyfriend is worried sick!

Besides that, I'm having a good time, went shopping yesterday, got some pretty clothes, had lunch, monged out and then dressed up and went out. Lindsey show me this awesome place called the buddha bar on west street, its so purdy! :blush: Sheffield uni were having their version of carnage I think that night though, so much smaller than sheffield hallam stuff!

God road works right under my window, scared the crap out of me this morning! Think they are trying to extend the parking space bit, which isn't really needed tbh, I never have to worry about parking in those. Silly council.

Off to freshers fair in abit, told the sheffield gang I couldn't make it, which at the time I couldn't, but I'm gonna scoot over and say hi, see the lgbt one opposite and ask for loads of crap from the volenteering stand too. Now if I can just get the housemate to come along..

Left my flat for the night and went to stay at a flat at endcliffe. Wow, fuck Hallam so much. Endcliffe is amazing. I wish I was there right now, and staying. 12 flatmates all who seemed massively lovely, and it has that "home" feel to it. I just pent the night with Ness and then her two of her flatmates drinking wine and chatting about random crap. It felt so good to be able to sit there and have a sane conversation with some flatmates, rather than it being a silence in the kitchen session with my only two other people living where I am.

Did a bit of shopping in town on my own after leaving and then came back here. Going to attempt sleep before maybe catching up with Razz later on. Sleep almost sounds foreign to me now, it's been that long.

Also, did I see Jayseven last night? I'm trying to work out whether I did. Though, I saw "Beer and Bongs" in the window, so I assumed I was probably correct. :D

Wooohooo well done! I've not long passed mine and the freedom you get is AWESOMES.

My day has been okay. No Juda Beans means I've been able to do something slightly productive. Keep sending emails off to apply for jobs and then, 2 minutes later, sending another email apologising that I forgot to attach my CV on the first. Doesn't exactly look great and I've done it on three different applications now!! >.<

'Grats Raining.

I've been home for about half an hour or so after heading to Uni for a 1 hour tutorial class at 10am and have to go back in for 4pm for another 1 hour class. Really screwed up my day. Got to write up my philosophy worksheet for handing in but that should be short and sweet. Leg has started hurting again due to the dressings I'm using. Instead of retaining shape, they start to crumple up because of movement and as a result it's pushing down on the wound. Ridiculous. Don't really have time to change it until tonight so I'll have to push through the pain. Either that or take some paracetamol/codeine which would make my philosophy tutorial interesting if I turned up mellowed out as a result of the codeine.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. :)

Be conscientious by all means, but point out that the things she's saying are unfair and are the one black mark on your relationship.

Hm, I guess I'll try and talk to her about that. Let's see how this will work out.

To Raining_again:

Congrats =)

Congrats RAster. I think I had 8 minors. All the cool people get 8 minors tbh.

This is true, because I got 8 minors aswell.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Hanster!

I just punched a hole into my bedroom door. That can't be good.

Edited by Gizmo

Yayyy, well done Raining! =)

My day has been really bleh, what with school constantly messing up on everything.

Also found out that for the second time this year I'll be missing out on a Moby concert. He's playing on November 11, but I will probably have an exam the next day (though they weren't sure yet). =(

Will be meeting three old friends in an hour for some dinner. Haven't seen them in about half a year I think (maybe longer), so hopefully it'll be good to see them again and there won't be awkward silences haha.