Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Whats The Nerdiest Thing You've Done In The Last 24 Hours?

ReZourceman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does "doing an AS-level Mathematics Core 1 exam" sound?

I did further Pure 1 today, and with further pure 2 last Wednesday I have finished (providing I don't need to retake) my A level in further mathematics. That has to be fairly geeky.

Mind you, the first question in FP1 could have been in C1... "Is x = 2 the only solution of x^2 = 2?"

Arguing with my maths teacher over "significant figures".

Do tell!

Aside from being a Statistican for work, I made this post on another forum:

Today I noticed a potential problem with the free version of Muxman that may also affect you. I was passing chapter points to it and they weren't quite lining up with what I thought it should be. It seems that Muxman assumes a framerate of 25 for PAL and 30 (not 29.97) for NTSC. I checked this by saving the project and looking at the mxp file.

So, in an NTSC project, setting frames 1800, 3600, 5400, 7200 meant that Muxman set chapter times of 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and using 1798, 3596, 5395, etc, lead to undesirable results.

I felt a bit nerdy when I found out I was only 1 of two people who went to see our lab tutor about our mini projects, also had to advise someone how to do superscript over the phone, which was weird. Other than that, I haven't done anything too nerdy, I don't think I do many nerdy thing.

EDIT:I tell a lie, I read the top 200 quotes on bash.org and giggled at quite a few nerdy like jokes that alot of people I know wouldn't get.

EDITEDIT: Due to one quote on bash.org, I proceeded to write the numbers 1-30 but in base 3, that was pretty nerdy, but I think I did it wrong.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!