NEurope

v2bc5914b.jpg

My Gamecube controller's control stick was playing up. Followed the cleaning advice from Nintendo's website and it works properly again! However the length of the cord was too short so I've invested £3 in some extension cables off ebay. Hope they work.

Just bought

P0139231_C0000004_P0000000.jpg

160gb External USB HDD

P0159691_C0000004_P0000000.jpg

250gb Seagate SATA HDD

P0144599_C0000003_P0000000.jpg

1gb DDR2 RAM

All together £95

Just decided I needed a new game for when I go to Spain in September, and this is the only game I could think of to buy/import:

kirby_super_star_ultra.jpg

Will probably take ages to arrive haha.

£171 on a new exhaust for the Scirocco. Ugh. At least it doesn't sound like hell now.

£171 on a new exhaust for the Scirocco. Ugh. At least it doesn't sound like hell now.

I hope you've got plenty of explosions stored up.

Just decided I needed a new game for when I go to Spain in September, and this is the only game I could think of to buy/import:

That game is made of win. Seriously jam packed with fun!

august09flash.jpg

First time I bought Hiragana Times. It's pretty cool, I like the middle sections with the direct translation stuff so you can analyse the grammar and sentence structure.

Flashcards to help me learn kanji. Cuz I'm a noob and 99% of my written Japanese is in Hiragana.

august09flash.jpg

First time I bought Hiragana Times. It's pretty cool, I like the middle sections with the direct translation stuff so you can analyse the grammar and sentence structure.

Flashcards to help me learn kanji. Cuz I'm a noob and 99% of my written Japanese is in Hiragana.

What does the kanji character on that top card mean? Interesting!

aww, I've been waiting forever for Super Star Ultra, lucky you!

Edited by Pyxis
Automerged Doublepost

Isn't it something to do with gates...or doors. I'm sure the two outer ones (that mirror each other) is SOMETHING to do with doors (or a similar concept).

There's one similar to that that means to hear, so you could kinda say it's a gateway?

Don't quote me on that though.

The other one means kin, gold, I hope. Otherwise what I've learned has gone to waste/is wrong.

To stay on topic.

pa1575221.jpg

Limited edition Nano Mugen 2009 CD with a t-shirt.

The main one you can see mean Open, Open Up, Commence, Establish.

Awesomely, each card features six word compounds that use the particular kanji, with the hiragana versions and an english meaning at the back. So you not only learn the kanji on the card, but extra vocab with it.

These flash cards are fantastic. I reccommend them to anyone who wishes to learn Japanese. Get over to http://www.whiterabbitpress.com :)

The main one you can see mean Open, Open Up, Commence, Establish.

I was close! And now I realise why I recognise it. Squashed together is closed and I kinda figured this out while in Japan with elevator doors and such. It can be quite logical at times. Like the Kanji for car: (or at least to my eyes thats logical as it looks like a frame of a car; two lines for the two sets of wheels and a body split into four with four seats (yes I know cars have five but work with me here)).

okami-wii.jpg

£4.98

Edited by Ashley

Really wanted Vidic 15 on the back but nowhere near me does printing.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just kidding, i was taking my partner to london tonight in a posh £380 hotel room, followed by community shield tomorrow then a night out on monday for my birthday (the football was for her bday, i support Liverpool). But due to swine flu i had to cancel the room, and give my ticket to her nephew :(