N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. Bender's Big Score 1 2

• 37 replies
    • 3.2k views
  2. Annoying things

• 6 replies
    • 63 replies
    • 4.4k views
  3. Photoshop Oddity

• 5 replies
  4. I'm talkin' to you!

• 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Do you believe in fate?

• 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. The Wallpaper Thread 1 2 3

• 58 replies
    • 8.8k views
  7. I need to wake up!! 1 2 3

• 61 replies
    • 4k views
  8. Silly me

• 11 replies
  9. The Christmas Crisp Report 2007

• 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 27 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. Laptop Advice

• 7 replies
    • 3 replies
  11. AOL Broadband + PS3

• 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  12. sig editing

• 5 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Bomb Threats At My School 1 2

• 25 replies
    • 2.4k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • And the entire game has been uploaded to Youtube. Gotta dodge watching those for a day or so now...
    • Per this interview from Bloomberg, the game has now sold 18 million copies and an expansion is in the works.  Absolutely insane. 
    • I think @Dcubed is bang on the money with his take. Xbox and PlayStation have really floundered since the release of their new consoles.  I hope this game gets a PC release because it does look wonderful.  Miyamoto lawsuit when? 
    • At this point I'm convinced that @Dcubed just doesn't like games that are doing and are being received well  which is fine but...meh. It is very cynical and it's not the first time, I don't think even Nintendo makes him happy anymore  PS5 sells great and is still aligned with PS4 but is slightly behind? Bomb. Switch 2? Double-barrelled bomb that's going to roll off a cliff at launch. Any game wins GOTY at TGAs? It was a lock and total GOTY bait. Because, ya know, Baldur's Gate III was such an obvious lock-in last year (was up against literal Game of the Decade from the 2010s contender's sequel in Tears of the Kingdom) and pandering to that GOTY crowd in the same way that it and Elden Ring and It Takes Two were all third-person over-the-shoulder linear story-heavy GOTY bait tripe we apparently see all the time winning these awards.  Anyways, my hopes and expectations were aimed at 90+ ratings based purely on the quality of Playroom back at the launch of the PS5, and though I haven't played Rescue Mission myself, seeing @Hero-of-Time and others gushing about it absolutely gave me every bit of confidence that Asobi would deliver here.  I just think it seems like it's a great game, which will come as a shock to literally no-one who has played an Asobi game, and I don't think any reviewer worth their salt is seriously seeing the lean into nostalgia as something heavily impacting their scores. Should it be considered? It's part of the game, so absolutely – but it's how it's handled, not the fact that it's there, which seems to be getting praise. That it is doing so at a time where PlayStation has maybe lost their way, and their most recent GAAS attempt in Concord has unfortunately gone the worst possible way it could have? Makes for a really interesting talking point. What was that article I was reading earlier...oh, here it is: Astro Bot Isn't A Celebration, It's A Graveyard.  But it in no way damns the game, nor do I think it is fair to have it undermine the discussion of the game's quality. I agree with H-o-T that we should be happy and grateful that someone besides Nintendo has finally pulled the trigger in making a quality modern 3D platformer.    As an aside, and to take it back to the topic at hand, my friend played Playroom for a little bit when the PS5 launched waiting for Miles Morales to install – enjoyed it but never went back. I've been turning on the heat with my excitement for Astro Bot the last few weeks and after seeing the scores he says he'll pick it up – this coming after I let him borrow my copy of Shadow of the Colossus (the remake) to play through it for the first time these last few weeks, which has spawned some great conversations (especially as he typically leans to the more Western, narrative-heavy games like those from Naughty Dog). Hell, I seem to have finally worn him down into considering playing through Bloodborne next year, too. Does this mean I win? 
    • Maybe it's just a VERY good game? The fact that it was previewing very well was pretty telling. The signs were there even when it was first shown. Plus, both other Astro Bot games are amazing platformers. It's just continuing the trend of the previous entries. The fact that we are possibly seeing a 3D platformer as a GOTY contender that isn't made by Nintendo is great to see. it's about time others tackled the genre.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m