NEurope
Daft

I need to wake up!!

I'm really bad at getting up in the morning. I sleep with a massive window next to me without the curtain facing sunrise but that doesn't help. My alarm clock sometimes stirs me from my sleep but I normally chuck stuff at it until it stops making its awful noise.

Basically I need a new alarm clock, any recommendations??

I'm really bad at getting up in the morning. I sleep with a massive window next to me without the curtain facing sunrise but that doesn't help. My alarm clock sometimes stirs me from my sleep but I normally chuck stuff at it until it stops making its awful noise.

I used to sleep through my alarm, so then I started using more than one. One being a normal clock thingie that makes a really annoying and loud beeping noise, the other being my cellphone, which will ring again even if I turn it off (though there's a limit to the amount of times it will).

I also put both of them on the other side of my room, so I have to get out off bed to turn them off.

I'm exactly like that. I think alarm systems fail, its easier for people to wake from a low but increasingly irritating sound than from a loud noise.

I still haven't found a way that works for me.

Put it the other side of the room. That way you have to get up to get it. Or get a loud one and hide it under a load of bags and pillows and stuff so you can hear it, but finding it is a problem.

Use your phone as your alarm, and set a tune that you can't ignore. I for example have this tune called "On The Tight Rope" from Tales Of Symphonia.

I use my mobile phone. It gets insanely loud and it doesn't just start loud - it starts low and gets progressively louder.

It does the trick...ish. I still end up being late for college most days :(

I suck at waking up. Or at least I don't have the willpower to get up and I just think "fuck school" and sleep the whole morning.

Yeah basically just set more than one alarm.

An alarm clock, a mobile, and the radio should do the trick, with one being the other side of the room so you have to get up to switch it off.

It's wierd I wake up when my mum walks in the room. The door is closed but I don't ake up to the sound. I just open my eyes and see she's walked in.

I actually don't use alarm clocks either I just seem to wake up at the right time. Thinking back it's scary.

The other side of the room thing doesn't work with me because when I get out of bed I realize I've made a mistake and get back in....

Mobile phones seem to be getting the nod so it looks like Chuck Berry will be blasting out of my ever so crap phone speakers tomorrow...I'll see how it goes.

It's wierd I wake up when my mum walks in the room. The door is closed but I don't ake up to the sound. I just open my eyes and see she's walked in.

I actually don't use alarm clocks either I just seem to wake up at the right time. Thinking back it's scary.

I knew someone who could nap for as long as he wanted, say half an hour, and just wake up automatically. I wish I could power nap!

Place your alarm clock/cellphone in a place where you have to stand up and shut it off. Just standing up can help in waking up.

Off topic: When I saw the thread name I thought it was going to be something matrixy, like waking up from some dream you keep having or something :P

The other side of the room thing doesn't work with me because when I get out of bed I realize I've made a mistake and get back in....

Mobile phones seem to be getting the nod so it looks like Chuck Berry will be blasting out of my ever so crap phone speakers tomorrow...I'll see how it goes.

Well of course getting out of bed is a mistake but it is something we all do, its called being a grown up. Deal :p

Use your phone as your alarm, and set a tune that you can't ignore. I for example have this tune called "On The Tight Rope" from Tales Of Symphonia.

I used to have the WindWaker theme from E3, I hate that fucking song now.

I suck at waking up. Or at least I don't have the willpower to get up and I just think "fuck school" and sleep the whole morning.

Exactly. Even if I'm out of bed I'll still go back to it.

I don't think I've heard that one actually...

If you really need to wake up, place your alarm clock somewhere far enough so you have to get out of bed to make it stop. When you're out of bed, you're probably awake enough.

Well of course getting out of bed is a mistake but it is something we all do, its called being a grown up. Deal :p

I'm still coming to terms with it! :heh:

Use your cellphone as an alarm clock, then put in a thin box then lock the box and hide the key.

Every morning will be a wonderful adventure!

I've got an alarmclock that doesn't make a sound! It's called a shakeawake, and you put it under your pillow and it vibrates. Guarenteed to make you conscious.

Of course, like any getting-up tool, you can sort of get used to it -- I've found myself waking up to it with my hand under the pillow, finger on the snooze button ready to click as soon as it starts... But you still sort of wake up and the snooze lasts 8 minutes, so you'll be more awake the next time it goes off. It may seem expensive (i don't know, i got mine free) but it works pretty well to be honest.

But yeah, as ashley says, you gotta have that last ounce of strngth to get yourself out of bed.

The moment my mum walks through the door I wake up for some reason and she won't let me miss a day of college cos I can't be arsed to wake up.

When I need to wake myself up if my mums not around I just use my phone alarm and whilst I often don't want to wake up I do so anyway presumably because of the actions of my mum.

When I really really really don't want to wake up I either set the alarm 15 minutes early and spend 15 minutes laid in my bed waking up or just spend 15 minutes laid in bed waking up and get ready really quick.

I believe my uncle investigated this problem in depth. He first put a pressure pad beneath his matress that caused the alarm to sound as long as he was in the bed. However, this caused him to get out of bed, rip out the pad, throw it out the window, and go back to bed. So he adapted the system a little, chaining the pad to the bed. Then he had to hide the key somewhere that he wouldn't be able to get to without waking up properly along the way.

I believe my uncle investigated this problem in depth. He first put a pressure pad beneath his matress that caused the alarm to sound as long as he was in the bed. However, this caused him to get out of bed, rip out the pad, throw it out the window, and go back to bed. So he adapted the system a little, chaining the pad to the bed. Then he had to hide the key somewhere that he wouldn't be able to get to without waking up properly along the way.

Hmm! That sounds good! But I'll just put my phone inside a box and tape it to my bed, and hopefully the trouble of getting it out will be enough.

My solution, roll onto floor (small half meter drop) and continue sleeping. :heh:

I'm off to sleep and will attempt "The double alarm, one being a mobile phone, both placed at opposite ends of the room from each other and me" technique. I hope it works.

Set your alarm to go off earlier, say 7.30am when you need to be up at 8.00am and snooze it for half an hour. Then sum up the willpower after half an hour and get up! And get up in a single swift motion, tends to help!

Saying that... better sleep.. exam in 8 hours :(