Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Your typical day

Supergrunch

I've had this idea for a thread... I'm not sure quite how well it will work (ie. whether people will give a damn), or indeed, if it has been done before, so bear with me...

Basically, the title is fairly self-explanatory- post a description of what you do on a typical day in you life. If you normally go to school/work/whatever, post an account of one of those days, as it's typical that I'm looking for. If you can be bothered, I suppose you can do a weekend day or whatever as well.

Anyway, for me:

My alarm clock wakes me up at 7, but I lie in bed until around 7:10. When I do finally manage to rouse myself, I clean my teeth, put on my suit, and go downstairs and eat cereal (normally something coco-poppy). By the time it gets to about half seven, I leave and walk down the road to the bus stop where my bus usually comes and I just about catch it. I listen to music on the bus, and when I get to school, I talk to people in the sixth form centre for a while... then I have lessons. This consists of biology, chemistry or further maths... and pretty much no frees (boo). At lunch (1:05) I go into town (St. Albans) with some friends and buy lunch, normally something at J.K. Palmers (the sandwich shop de resistance- everyone should have a chicken escalope and mozzarella baguette once).

After lunch, 'tis time for a few more lessons... then school ends at 4. However, I have to hang around for ages waiting for the bus and going home, so I don't get home until after 5... Once home, I look at a few websites and stuff and if I have time translate some of the Higurashi game. Then I do homework... which usually (plus an arbitrary supper) takes me through until about 10, when I have a shower and go to bed... But don't actually end up going to bed until after 11...

So anyway, like I said, I don't know if this is going to work or not, but give it a go...

書いてください。

I work shifts so all depends on what shift im on but ill do a basic for an early shift as thats what im on tomorrow.

Alarm goes off at 5am, I usually snooze a couple of times before I force myself outta bed and into the shower... i have quick shower, clean the purleys and put on some clothes. Now depending on what time i managed to crawl outta bed i sometimes grab some breakfast.

Next i walk to the bus stop which is 30 seconds away and jump on the 229 bus that takes me to Abbey Wood station in about 5 minutes. I then get a train at 6:07am that gets me to waterloo east about 6:40am. I then walk through to waterloo main station and get the 507 bendy bus which stops outside my work. Im usually in work around 6:50am and the early shift starts at 7am.

Anyway i work all day and usually take my lunch at the end of my shift so thus allowing me to leave at 2:30pm. I go to the bus stop, get the 507 bus back to waterloo and get a train from waterloo east to abbey wood and then back on the 229 bus to my house. Im usually home by 3:30 - 4, depending on if i catch certain trains...

By this time im shattered and sometimes lay on my bed and just doze between coming on here and hanging out along with myspace... other afternoon/evening activities may include, going to the pub, going round my mates, playing poker, doing some shopping, playing 5 a side football. I usually eat dinner around 6pm when im on earlies then if i dont go out and do something i spend the evening on here/watching tele then go clean my teeth and then get to bed around midnight/1am and repeat process again.

The Late shift and Night Shift are a completely different story but i cant be arsed to type anymore as im on an early 2moro so at the time of posting i have to get up in 4 hours and 45 minutes.

Its all random for me, depends what time I wake and if im going out, school etc.

Depends on the day, when/if I'm at uni, when/if im working, what im doing etc.

If you normally go to school/work/whatever, post an account of one of those days, as it's typical that I'm looking for.

I suppose if you don't have a typical day, then this thread doesn't really suit you, but you could post alternatives if you want.

Well. If I'm working:

My alarm wakes me up at 7 or 7:30 (depending on if I'm gonna shower in the morning), then between 7-8 I shower, shave (If i need it), brush teeth blah blah, watch a bit of news.

Then about 8-8:10 I go downstairs n grab lunch, chuck it in my bag and all that, then leave around 8:15 to walk to work, and have to be there at 8:30.

Work = Garden Centre, customers, tills, food, customers, more bloody idiot customers.

I finish at 5 (or just after) and get home around 8:20.

Then I'll play games/watch TV, go out, have mates round or whatever.

If I have work the next day I'll usually make sandwiches the night before.

If I don't have work:

Simply change the getting up time from anywhere between 9 & 12 and cut out work :heh:

i wake up and ocasionally i the occasional******censored****i go to school.Work hard and go to late night study session and get home.That was my day today anyway.i dont seem to play games as much as i used to.i think the catwomen game scarred me for life.Thats really what i do on weekdays for those of you that care(............)

I will usually find sleep in the early hours of the morning and remain in bed until early afternoon. I wake up and cleanse myself of stench before going to work in the evenings for 4-5 hours (part time lazy asshole present!) and then return home and repeat.

Factor in changes and life becomes slightly more interesting. Slightly.

you want typical, you got it.

-hit the snooze button one too many times

-wake up 10 minutes late, requiring a speed shower and then an 80 mph trip to work

-spend 8 glorious hours in a box factory

-take dogs out for walk

-go back inside to my room where i have a GC, a home gym, and a recliner/laptop. I usually opt for the latter

I get 4 days off a week, so I suppose the majority of my days are spent doing the following:

Get up at 1pm

Sit around on the internet

Hang out with friends and flatmates

Cook/Eat/Drink

Stay up til 1am watching something or playing games with friends

It's a hard life.

I work 5 days a week, normal work day -

Get up at 5:20, get washed and changed, up the road to start work at 06:00. I get a half hour break at 08:30 and an hours lunch at 12:00. Work finishes at 15:00 (unless I am doing overtime). Then I collapse my way down the road and do what I want till I go to sleep, ready for the next day.

Unemployed, wake up.. get a decent breakfast of porridge, toast.. tea, fruit juece if there is any.

Check my blogs and news sites, about lunch go for a skate for the rest of the day. Come home, read a magazine or a paper (EDGE, the guardian) some nights I'll watch TV but typically it's all shit.

Film Four if there is something decent on, have a little surf until the early hours and repeat.

I really need a job.. I do search daily and apply for jobs.. I'm no scrounger.

Yesterday I applied to my local ODEON, a bar, a restaurant and screw fix direct's local warehouse.. today I'm gonna apply to a bar in a hotel and the co-op.

Guest Ford Prefect

alarm goes off at 7, hit snooze till 7:30, get up, get dressed and crawl to the breakfast room in the hotel. find something that resembles food, eat it. return to room, brush teeth, grab factory keys, wallet etc and leave room. meet my dad by the car and drive across town to the factory/site.

enter site, open the "office" make a pot of coffee, survey site, get changed into working clothes and set about doing whatever we have to do that day, be it marking out the floor for the printing machine, lifting the machine parts in in 7.5ton units, moving the machine on the floor by hand to within 0.01mm or less of their position on the plans/drawings. repeat again with the reelstands/pasters/splicers. stand back and wonder why you're feeling shagged out then count up that you've just moved nearly 30 tons by hand around 10cm in total. when that bit of the job is over days are spent either fixing the machine to the floor, installing and setting ink and water form rollers and micrometric rollers, ink stripe testing, running paper thru the machine, setting the folder, installing and setting the stitcher which puts the staples into the newspapers. installing blankets and packings, test printing etc all while working on the press along side electricians, pipe layers and other such folks, not getting in each others way and also working towards a deadline which must be met come hell or high water due to the millions of kroner or indeed dollars that can be resting on such a project.

when we're finished doing whatever we've got to do that day (however long that takes from 8hours to the next day if needs be) wash up, get changed, crawl back to hotel room, shower etc again so you feel human. leave hotel in search of food and a stiff drink so you don't feel so dead to the world. return to the hotel later and fall into bed. then repeat..........

been doing similar for the past 2 months on one site, now moved sites WITHOUT A BREAK and will be on that site until xmas. in total 5 months of site work and this latest job its just me and my father as instalation engineers on the machine, normally for a machine this site there would be 4,5 or more. there's 6 fourhigh towers each will print 8 full colour pages, 2 mono units which will print 8 monochrome pages each and one half folder with quarter folder, lower and upper "baloon" formers and 2 stitchers. all in all thats about 150+ tons and alot of fucking money's worth, being installed by us for avisa nordland owned by the 2nd largest printing company in norway with over 18 print sites in norway and several more in russia.

not your average day in the office..... still, i've already seen more of norway than alot of people have who were born here driving and flying up and down and i will likely see alot more of the world than many folks will in years to come.

Guest Stefkov

typical college day. depends which day but ill try to put it in general.

I wake myself up at half 6. I go downstairs and have breakfast, which used to consisit of shreddies but recently, because of time constraints its been a chocolate nutri grain. Plus I have a coffee. I usually fal asleep in the time im downstairs but I always go up to get changed at 7:15. I have a shower, then a 7:20, yes a 5 minute shower, I get out and get clothes on. Which is always the same ind of pants, a t-shirt and either a jumper or coat.

I pack away my bag for college. Depending on what day it may take 30 seconds or 2 minutes.

when thats done, I put my headphones connected to my phone behind my t-shirt, coming out of the head hole. I pack an umbrella if I feel its gonna rain.

I go back downstairs, and get myself a pepsi bottle, and get my shoes.

I say goodbye to my mum, and leave the house at half past.

I walk 2 minutes to the bus stop, and i listen to my Hot hot Heat. I wait for at least 10 mintues for the bus to come when i get there. I sit next to my friend on the bus if I can. We both listen to music, so we dont talk.

As I came on the bus i nab a Metro, which I read on the journey. When i have either skimmed through it if its not interesting, or read it fully, i have just started to get a pen and start doing the Sudoku. Which I have been successful in twice.

**I get to college at about 8:15, and I swipe in. I wait till 8:40 till maybe a lesson starts. At 11:20 is break where I just hand with friends. That lass 15 minutes. Then at 13:15 we have Lunch where i get either egg fried rice or chips, from a shop 5 minutes down the road from college. That lasts 50 minutes and then more lessons. At 15:55 I finish.

Either I get a parent to pick me up or I get the bus home.

If bus i get home at about 5. I then get a pepsi and something to eat. I come on the internet and check out my emails, check news on here. Then recently I have been going down at 7 and playing pokemon emerald. We have dinner at around 6. At 11 I go to bed, however I have been watching QI so I go to bed at 11:40.

Then it happens again.

**Thursdays I don't have a lesson untill 14:10. I have to be in, in the morning. So I go to Bury and walk around for a while. go back to College. At lunch I play multiplayer SD games. Then i have my only lesson.

After that my dad picks me up and I go to the Ukrainian club where i stock up the drinks. I get home at 6 have dinner and the rest is the same above.

my longest post ever.

Wake up at half past 7

Be ready to go out by half past 8, half an hour of which is spent straightening hair

Get bus to school

Have school for 6 hours, I deffinetly have english and maths everyday

get home at quarter to 4.

Go online

go to bed

Wake up between 10 and 1.

Have a shower and get dressed.

Kid myself that there will be job to apply for.

Have lunch.

Then either go to the Gym / play football manager / watch a DVD

Eat dinner

play football manger / watch a DVD / Watch T.V

go to bed around 2 AM

Man I really need to find a job. :(

Alarm goes off at 7:50am. I get up and go to wake up my brother as he has to get up for school. I make sure he sets off ok and then most of the time I usually go back to bed and sleep till 11am. I get up and have breakfast, get dressed properly and all that stuff. After I am all finished up I play games/read manga/watch anime till 4pm. At that time I go for a shower and then get ready for work. Go to work for 5pm, work till 11pm. I then come back home and do more Internet/Game/Anime stuff then go to bed usually between 1-3am.

:)

Well, since I got to drop some classes, some of my days are a bit less full now. But I'll just describe one of my long days. Like Monday.

I get up at either 7, 6:45 (when I need a shower) or 6:30 (when both me and my sister need a shower and I have to get up first).

I get dressed and eat my breakfast (usually some cereal). If needed, I prepare some lunch too (bread with tuna salad and chocolate spread). I check my email and these forums too if I still have time.

I leave for school at about 7:50-8 by bike and arrive right in time for my classes to start at 8:30. Classes last till 12:30, when I have a one hour break and eat my lunch with other people from my class.

Classes start again at 13:30 and last till 17:30. Go home by bike again, where I arrive at about 18:00.

I then play a game like AC:WW, check stuff on the internet, play with our doggie and usually take a nap too. Then is dinner and if there's something on tv, I'll watch that. I go to bed at about midnight if I have to get up early again the next day, if not, I can stay up a bit longer (till 2 at night latest).

Woohoo!

Okay well I'm in university so not all days are the same. Here's my busiest day.

Thursday.

Alarm goes off at 8.30, I get out of the bed 15-20 mins later and grab a shower. I have some breakfast (cup of tea/coffee and bowl of shreddies/weetabix) and watch the news on the telly. At about 9.30 I grab my laptop and schoolbag and hop on the ould bike and cycle to college. 10 mins later i'm lockoing my bike up and I head into the study are where I can whip out the laptop and check some emails, download my notes for the days classes and check here (if I have time).

Lecture starts at 10.00 thru to 1.00 then I have 2 hours for lunch. Sometimes head home and make lunch or head to the restaurant or bar with mates for food. By 3.00 im back in a lecture until 6.00. I then go to study area again and check some more emails, N-E,, download mcq's etc.

I'm usually home by 7.30. Then make some dinner and watch the Champ's League. At about 9.00 Ill get changed and head out to the pub with my mates and drink a few beverages until we are asked kindly to leave the bar circa 12.30 (unless there's an extension till 1.30!!). Then walk home or head to a club.

Usually back in the house and in bed by 1.30 at the earliest.

9:00-10:00 wake up, eat breakfast shower, check websites and emails etc.

10:00-12:00 go to lectures, stuff like atomic physics or stellar structures.

12:00-1:00 eat food and play pool

1:00-2:00 more lectures

2:00-3:30 more pool, read the paper.

3:30-6:00 tutorials, 2 people and the tutors going through work and stuff. (or doing a fw wuestions from a problem sheet depending on the day)

6:00-7:00 More pool, beer or two.

7:00-8:00 Food in college halls. Big old hall looks like something out of Harry Potter, People come and serve you your food and bring you drinks. Its very posh.

8:00-9:00 Some type of dance lesson, ballroom/latin depending on the day.

9:00-10:00 in the college bar drinking snakebite or absinth if ive got any. More games of pool. Maybe some table football too.

10:00-2:00 Working, Doing more problems from tute sheets. If I have time I'll go out (not that often about once a week :()

2:00-9:00 Sleeping, unless I cant finish the problems and I have a work deadline in which case I'll be working

There might be the odd game of ultimate or squash thrown in there depending on match fixtures or if i can book a court. (normally in the place of pool playing)

**I get to college at about 8:15, and I swipe in. I wait till 8:40 till maybe a lesson starts. At 11:20 is break where I just hand with friends. That lass 15 minutes. Then at 13:15 we have Lunch where i get either egg fried rice or chips, from a shop 5 minutes down the road from college. That lasts 50 minutes and then more lessons. At 15:55 I finish.

That chippy is awesome till all of about a month. Then it justtastes like shite.. :(

Also, Holy Cross is pretty gay for making you swipe in the morning. And I hear the new timetable is even shitty-er..

---

Anyway, most days I get up at 8am, fall back asleep until 8.30am - curse and swear then grab a quick shower.. then get changed and run downstairs for a coffee. My friend, Rach, calls on at about 9 then we meet the other medics on the corner of the street and move towards the Ryton so hear some lectures. Some of them are interesting - some are shit. Then I get a lunch break and then maybe some more lectures. There are some alterations to my timetable though..

Monday - anatomy session & tutor session

Wednesday - SSC :(

Thursday - Tutor session

I get about 23 hours of timetabled stuff all in all. And then 4-10 hours of self directed lerning on top of that.

I get home, make food, do some work, talk to housemates - go to people's houses. If im feeling rich I might hit the Union bar. Wednesdays and Saturdays sometimes consist of hitting the union club -its fun - Ralf Little was there yesterday! If I'm not out clubbing then I usually sleep at about 2am.. and then up at 8!

Get up about 8, then go for a shower and to wash my beautiful hair. The day ahead depends on how many lectures I have, and my timetable changes from week to week anyway so pretty much every day is different. If I don't have classes, I go to the library and do some reading, because I'm a hard working chap. If I get bored I go and play with the moving shelves on the bottom floor, attempting to run down the aisle before they crush me. Immensely good fun. I normally go home for lunch, quite often grabbing a Subway/M&S sandwich on the way because our house is rarely well stocked with food. In the evening I attempt to cook, and sometimes manage to produce something edible.

Evenings are pretty random too, and I rarely plan. I just 'go with the flow', so to speak. A drink in the college bar is a nice way to start the night before heading to one of Durham's notorious nightspots to dance the night away, and then returning home drunk in the small hours of the morning.

Alarm goes off at 8:20, I put it on snooze for 9 minute intervals until I can be bothered to get up, which is usually about 8:45. Then I rush to get dressed, grab something quick to eat, go through the usual cleaning routines and head out the door around 9:00.

Get into college slightly late and spend an hour and a quarter faffing about looking at various websites and listening to a bit of music. About 10:45 we get our a half hour break which is usually spent eating unhealthy shite and moaning about the massive number of idiots that surround us. Then head back to the classroom for more faffing about on various websites or chatting to the tutors about films and the like, whilst keeping up the pretense that i'm actually doing work.

At about 12:30 lunch is called so I head into town and get a pain au chocolat or a scone or something then rush back in for 13:15 and carry on faffing about. Might end up doing some work but will probably just chat to my mates and read various and pointless Wikipedia entries. On occasion I might even be tempted to check the N-Europe forums for the latest geekly goss.

At 4:00 I go home. Get back about 4:30 in time for the majority of Deal Or No Deal. After laughing at people getting upset over lost monetry opportunities, I'll switch over to BBC1 to watch Blue Peter or Young Dracula - depending on the day, of course. Then i'll check out Newsround (we all know it's the most intelligent news program on TV) before Neighbours rears it's wonderful head at 17:35. Then of course it's Eggheads, then dinner, then more faffing about and watching TV. Then I might head to the pub or to a gig. Then more Internet wanderings before falling asleep at 3 - 5am.

And that's my day (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Tuesday brings a lie in before college in the afternoon, Friday brings a well deserved day off.)