N-Europe

Who do/have you must regularly use(d) in SSBM?

Stocka

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not alot of people have mentioned my most used character which is the ALMIGHTY SAMUS!!! She is a beast! Her missiles are powerful (a little too powerful..hehe), her charge is awesome and she can take a proper beating before being smashed out of the screen.

If not Samus, then Sheik. Nice aerial attacks.

EDIT: very surprised to hear that Roy is a favourite. I always thought he was pretty shitty IMO

I play as....

Ness, Kirby and Samus/Roy too.

I also find pretty deadly (as in hard to beaten with)... Yoshi and Falco.... I love playing as Falco...

But the most satisfying it Pikachu, His mid-air is amazing. Same for Ness, very satisfying you can fuck anyone up in the air.

I hate when your versing a friend and he's Pikachu and your jumping toward's him and bam you get hit.Also what I hate is when your Link and you do the down smash attack (where he bring's out sword and charge's down) then Pikachu does that damn thunder attack,so annoying.

I hate when your versing a friend and he's Pikachu and your jumping toward's him and bam you get hit.Also what I hate is when your Link and you do the down smash attack (where he bring's out sword and charge's down) then Pikachu does that damn thunder attack,so annoying.

Its a very cheeky tactic but I agree it is annoying. You ever have a 4 player battle and one of your mates just tends to always stay away from the fight and then just comes in and out of it to pick of the weaker characters? Happens all the time when I play multi-player.

Yeah, getting in a nice Rest attack with Jigglypuff on your 3 mates is sooo satisfing (a nice '9' with Mr Game & Watch is rather fun too :) ), but it's so hard to get close enough without getting your ass kicked (esp when playing against people who know Jigglypuff) therefore rollout is a much better attack IMO (and it is a great attack, esp since you can start it in the air)

I played with just about every character, my favourite Nintendo character is Luigi, but he certainly doesn't have the best moves. To win a lot of the challenges in the game, particularly in hard and very hard, I used Roy for his sword KO smash, kept using that same move over and over again, and it worked, and use the DK ground pound move following by a smash, I'd play rather defensive usually in that game...

It's got to be the Doc, although the Captain, Ganondorf and Jiggly are all worthy mentions. And just to be an arse, I'll inform you all that Roy is garbage compared to Marth. As for my worst, Mewtwo, Pichu and Bowser are the ones I like to avoid playing the most, but mostly because of their low tier-ness, and not my inability to use them.

interesting ssbm story.

was in melb city just after a ninty comp. and i was sayin about how much i loved the game and all. anyway, some people come up to me and are like:

"so... you good at melee then?"

"well yeah, i rock at it!"

".... come with us"

so i followed these people through some back alleys, and ended up at a lan cafe where there was consoles as well. anyway, we played some 1 on 1 melee with no items... and bloody hell. these people were good! i swear to god, they moved and played like nothing i have ever seen before!

i guess the moral of the story is, we all think that we are top shit. but there is always some underground melee group who would pummel us!

===

with that said, i would like to nominate Fox, Falco and Marth for the oscar.

i used to go roy all the time, but ive adapted to the more agile characters... heh, and pichu if i want to embarrass people.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!