Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story

Enjoyable and watchable but not as many laughs as other recent comedies. Loved the songs and cameos, and John C Reilly is back on form after the awful Talladega Nights. Will have to get Step Brothers soon.

6.5/10

Last Action Hero

"I just shot a man. I did it on purpose."

Completely forgot how awesome this film is.

9/10

I watched this for the first time Saturday. Very funny and loads of OTT action. Just great.

8/10

Superbad

Ehhh the name says it all really, it was really quite bad. Wasn't all that funny and the amount of times I heard fuck, dick, pussy or whatever was ridiculous. Not my type of humour really.

Cloverfield

Thought this was pretty good. Was afraid the shaking camera stuff would bother me but it really didn't. The film had me and my sister on the edge of our seats so to speak, even though my sister was disappointed by the ending heh.

Pash; I have issues with se7en. Over many years a cloud of apprehension has built up in my head convincing me that I wouldn't be able to deal with watching it, so I never have. One day I shall face these demons. It's probably a walk in the park with rainbows and daffodils compared to films I've seen to be honest.

CB; I love Old School. LOVE.

Saw V

4.5/10

They need to stop making them now, looking on imdb.com other day and saw VI is coming out :shakehead

I love the SAW series. Saw VI is to be the last one but apparently Tobin Bell was supposed to have hinted that it'd stop at 9 which I think is bullshit and I hope they don't.

I think they should stop with the next one. As much as I love it, if they carry on, they'd ruin everything.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaur

I thought this was quite good. Not the best in the series but I thought it was better than the second.

6/10

Dead or Alive

Girls fighting each other wearing next-to-nothing = Awesome! :p

9/10

Superbad

Ehhh the name says it all really, it was really quite bad. Wasn't all that funny and the amount of times I heard fuck, dick, pussy or whatever was ridiculous. Not my type of humour really.

Cloverfield

Thought this was pretty good. Was afraid the shaking camera stuff would bother me but it really didn't. The film had me and my sister on the edge of our seats so to speak, even though my sister was disappointed by the ending heh.

Superbad was poor, and I have to agree with your sister because the Cloverfield ending was diashitical.

A request from EEVILMURRAY this one

Commando

Stars our good friend Arnold Schwarzenegger. Absolutely bloody awesome movie, a great recommendation from the 3 i bought only yesterday.

"I eat Green Berets for Breakfast, and today i'm very Hungry"

10/10

CB; I don't know, haha. I just remember laughing ALOT. Last time I saw it, I was in a bar in Thailand and probably on shrooms, so that may have helped :heh:

Talking of, has anyone seen the horror movie Shrooms?! If you haven't... don't; it is really terrible.

I thought Cloverfield was good and also diabolically ridiculous at the same time; if that's possible.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

Well as most people have said already, this was a pretty crappy remake. Depending on the role I can actually like Keanu Reeves but not in this, Klaatu doesnt have to be nearly as emotionless as he was played.

One thing that annoys me in both versions is the fact that the aliens are so arrogant that they think they can do whatever they want with our planet. Yes we get the "Its not your planet" quote, but then its not theirs either.

5/10

Ice age 3

I think it was possibly my favourite, saw it in 2D rather than 3D which I may go and try and see.

I really enjoyed it, the jokes were much more adult like than the first two making it more enjoyable for adults as well as the kids.

Definately watch it again

8/10

There's alot of Arnie Love going on in here at the moment it seems. If he was dead he would be looking down on you all and smile. But since he's not he probably has no knowledge of what's going on here.

In "memory", an Arnie classic. Featuring some Commando and Last Action Hero quotes.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

Well as most people have said already, this was a pretty crappy remake. Depending on the role I can actually like Keanu Reeves but not in this, Klaatu doesnt have to be nearly as emotionless as he was played.

One thing that annoys me in both versions is the fact that the aliens are so arrogant that they think they can do whatever they want with our planet. Yes we get the "Its not your planet" quote, but then its not theirs either.

5/10

Ooog, getting defensive much???

Pretty much, they're better than us, and thus impose their ways onto others, just like we do to other species.

Gran Torino

Awesome. Don't think there is any other actor who can portray those gruff emotion and disdained facial expressions as well As Clint Eastwood. Was kinda surprised by the ending. Not my usual sort of film but I enjoyed it.

There's alot of Arnie Love going on in here at the moment it seems. If he was dead he would be looking down on you all and smile. But since he's not he probably has no knowledge of what's going on here.

And there is a whole lot more Arnie love coming

Predator

Starring Arnie, Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers. Darn good movie about some weird creature called "Predator". Classic quotations include "Get to the Choppa!".

10/10

Pash; I have issues with se7en. Over many years a cloud of apprehension has built up in my head convincing me that I wouldn't be able to deal with watching it, so I never have. One day I shall face these demons. It's probably a walk in the park with rainbows and daffodils compared to films I've seen to be honest.

Really? Who told you it was that bad/traumatic?

Cause it's not. At all. It's not...Saw..or whatever. Nowhere near the genre of mindfuck. (not saying Saw is a mindfuck, it's gorey and whatever...)

Public Enemies

Bleh. I'll be honest, for the most of it I had no clue what was going on and why. I have no idea how the "FBI" bloke kept finding Dillinger. Or how Dillinger managed to waltz right into the office that was dedicated to finding him, ask one of the guys the baseball score and no one notice him. Maybe it was because he grew a moustache? I dunno.

4/10 because it was pretty looking

Really? Who told you it was that bad/traumatic?

Cause it's not. At all. It's not...Saw..or whatever. Nowhere near the genre of mindfuck. (not saying Saw is a mindfuck, it's gorey and whatever...)

Someone flicked onto it when I was 10 or something and I got scared. It's like the X files music, that used to terrify me! I would hide behind the sofa whenever that music came on, all because of one scene I saw with a forest floor monster. Obviously I'm fine with it now.. :heh:

Anyway, I will watch se7en.