NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe's Top 10 (Voting over, check first post for results)

Nominations are now closed.

We have 20 games from the longest list of nominations we've had so far. A testament to the amazing 3DS library really. All of these games got at least 2 nominations.

Spoiler
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • BoxBoy!
  • Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
  • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • VVVVVV
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Voting must be done via Private Messages sent to me. This will help to prevent any possible tactical voting.
  • You must choose 3 games and order them from your favourite to least favourite.
  • It'd be great if you could explain why you chose a game in the PM. I can then use these in the article that will go up on the N-Europe front page.
  • I will abstain from these votes and act as a tiebreaker. If two games tie, I'll decide which game comes out on top.

Voting closes on the 3rd of August.

• Thanks 2

Only two of my nominations made it? Dang, this will be a tough Top 3 to write...

21 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nominations are now closed.

We have 20 games from the longest list of nominations we've had so far. A testament to the amazing 3DS library really..

Or, like I said, a lack of truly special games that lead to people having to nominate from the sea of merely good games.. :heh:

I'll send my votes soon!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads-up :D I hadn't forgotten but it has just been quite a week, I'll definitely be submitting my choices later though and I'll let @Gadwin know as well. :peace:

On the subject of N-Europe's Top Ten Wii Games that edition will be going up on the main page very soon, it's very close to being uploaded. :smile:

Probably this evening I'd have thought, being realistic.

Voting is now closed.

WiiU

Wii_U_Console_and_Gamepad.png

Cwgqq2HXEAAcJ_5.jpg

"Great artists aren't always appreciated in their own time" - Wii U Fortune Cookie, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This series of top 10's are most certainly not ending with the biggest of bangs, huh? You don't need me to tell you that the successor to the Wii had some pretty high expectations to live up to, but it didn't quite live up to them. It kinda came closer to falling flat on its face, really. The WiiU was besieged with problems from the get-go, including the confusing name and third party support abandoning ship ridiculously fast.

That said, smart people like me know that the WiiU has some absolutely stonking titles on it. The library is so good, the Switch nicked them for half of its own library. It also introduced Miiverse, the best online thing Nintendo did and its control sticks don't break, which is nice. But it's the games we're focusing on.

Here are the restrictions.

• Breath of the Wild counts as a WiiU game and will have to be considered for this console.
  • Remakes/Ports are banned (Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations, Wii Sports Club, etc.)
  • Retro Compilations are banned (NES Remix, etc.)
  • Download exclusive titles are eligible for nomination.
  • Virtual Console is banned, this also includes the digital rereleases of any Wii title.
  • Applications are banned (Art Academy SketchPad, Miiverse, etc.)
  • Super Smash Bros. For WiiU is a separate game from Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS, they only share character roster and physics, everything else is different.
  • Games that had a simultaneous release with the 3DS will be counted for this console. (Shovel Knight, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, etc.)

Here's a list of the WiiU titles. Careful not to choose a game that's banned.

Nominations close on the 10th of August.

And a reminder that this is the last top 10 list. It's far too early to do a Switch list.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

One last go around.

• Super Smash Bros. for WiiU
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Child of Light
  • Thanks 3

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Splatoon

Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8

Bayonetta 2

Pokken Tournament

• Thanks 3

And the nominations are..

Nintendo Land

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

• Thanks 3

Breath of the Wild

Tokyo Mirage Sessions 

Super Mario 3D World

Nintendo Land Xenoblade Chronicles X

Splatoon

Edit: Sorry, I had to make a change. :D

Edited by Nicktendo
Remembered greatness
  • Thanks 3

Star Fox Zero (I will die on this hill!)

Nintendo Land

Shovel Knight

Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Star Fox Zero (I will die on this hill!)

Nintendo Land

Shovel Knight

Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2

I was going to give Starfox Zero a nomination and still might change it if I can sacrifice one of my other lambs!

This Bayonetta 2 train scares me, though :nono:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nekunando said:

This Bayonetta 2 train scares me, though :nono:

It's about right for this place. One thing that has been highlighted throughout all of the voting process, for all of the consoles, is that N-E has terrible taste in games. :p 

• Haha 3

Affordable Space Adventures

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Fast Racing Neo

Super Mario 3D World

• Thanks 3

Despite never owning a Wii U, I played a handful of games eligible for this category!

• Teslagrad
  • Freedom Planet
  • The Swapper
  • Severed
  • Super Mario Maker

Good thing they're all good, too.

(I actually own Tropical Freeze and BotW on my Switch, but haven't started them yet. Can't vote for them in good conscience)

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 3

One of my most disappointing console generations. At least we had a few good original games:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Wonderful 101

Am I right in thinking that New Super Luigi U is not counted as a separate game as it’s DLC for New Super Mario Bros U?

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

One of my most disappointing console generations. At least we had a few good original games:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • The Wonderful 101

Am I right in thinking that New Super Luigi U is not counted as a separate game as it’s DLC for New Super Mario Bros U?

Yeah, it’s an expansion pack for NSMBU; so it doesn’t count as its own game.  And even though it was sold at retail after the fact, it was also sold as a bundle on the same disc, later still as well.

You can certainly factor it into your vote for NSMBU though (and if you choose to do a write up for it during the final vote you can discuss NSLU along with NSMBU as well).

• Thanks 2

content-4-35897-netop10wiiarticlebanner.jpg

Here is the final article for our Top Ten Wii Games. :D

Thanks to @RedShell for the Wii-ly nice banner/side graphics. :cool:

and  @Glen-i plus @Dcubed once again for their consistently excellent write-ups which are always enjoyable to read. :peace:

Also thanks to the N-E community for contributing, there are plenty of fantastic games on the Wii, a few on that list I should get around to playing. :)

(my contribution was making the game banners in the article and getting it uploaded) :smile:

I kept it simple again for the Wii banner, I think it worked out well with the simplified Wii-mote and Nunchuk icons.

(also... I did add in my thoughts on two of the games because I really enjoyed playing them at the time, so I couldn't not include them now could I?) ::shrug:

Enjoy! And here's to the next one. :grin:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow! You guy LOVE Little King’s Story! Good for it! :D

Good job on picking the correct game for No 1 too! Skyward Sword is so under appreciated that it hurts; so I’m thrilled to see it get some much needed and much deserved love! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Skyward Sword got the number 1 position? Yeah, I stand by my earlier comment..

On August 3, 2019 at 2:58 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

One thing that has been highlighted throughout all of the voting process, for all of the consoles, is that N-E has terrible taste in games. :p 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

It's a bit tougher choosing WiiU titles here, but my nominations are

• Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Super Smash Brothers for WiiU
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Pikmin 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm really happy with the placement of Little King's Story, but also surprised at the No.1 placement (neat game, but I didn't expect it to be in so many Top 3s).

Everything here is lovable. And the soundtrack is all arrangements of classical music (with each ma).

What the..? Who the heck left a half-formed sentence in their review?

– Jonnas

...oh.

Well, that's karma at work :heh:

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 3