Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Ronnie

A few good things in that. Honestly the only ones I’d really like to have are the crafting one and terraforming help. Pockets has never bothered me and those zl and zr buttons for dropping eating and such seem like that be more cumbersome to me, or for me. The rest of the stuff I’ve never really had issues with. 

• Like 2

I was really surprised (and pleased) to find one of my neighbours had sent me a Valiant Statue this morning.  He said he'd found it on the beach!  I took it to the museum and it turned out to be genuine.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Animal Crossing fans doing what Nintendo won't and have created a Nintendo Direct showing off QoL improvements.

Everyone of those QoL updates is something I've wanted in the game. :( 

Good God. I had to stop watching as depression began to sink in lol. 
I imagine Nintendo will implement precisely none of those things. :D

• Haha 1

I have a visitor to my camp site but there are no plots available and no one is moving out.

The visitor is called Mint and is super cute. Is there no way to get him here?! 

Edited by Aneres11

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

I have a visitor to my camp site but there are no plots available and no one is moving out.

The visitor is called Mint and is super cute. Is there no way to get him here?! 

You have to kill one of your current residents before the day is over. If Tom Nook finds out it was you though they cancel the new visitor moving in.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

4 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Scrap the above anyway! Turns out I can still accept a resident!! I thought I had maxed out at 9 but it’s 10!! 
Hooray! Mint the squirrel will be a resident! 

Now if you get a visitor and want him to stay: Keep bugging him until he decides to move. You'll have to play a stupid game of chance. If you win, you can either let a randomly selected resident (it'll always be the same resident for that visitor) leave or the visitor will not move in.
It's a hilariously stupid system but that's what you gotta deal with from now on.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Bill (my fave islander) has just asked me if he should stop using Quacko as his catchphrase. I said yes and had to suggest one for him. 

So from now, he will be using Blud. I can’t stop laughing. 

ydsBlaU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

USdN9YO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Haha 3

One other QOL thing that wasn't in that video; when you've dug/found something by all means show it off to the camera but then RETURN TO THE SAME DIRECTION YOU WERE FACING BEFORE. 
Also - if there's something you tend to want to pick up to tidy up like a stick, weeds, things you smashed out of a rock, default to picking them up first, not some piece of furniture a mile away instead.

Well, another week went by without me playing any Animal Crossing but thanks to @RedShell @Vileplume2000 and @Nicktendo last night, I ended up playing for most of the evening. :)

It all started off with us possibly recording for A Smashing Cast but when that didn't pan out, instead we all just met up in Nick's town and played some games including Hide and Seek, a Fishing Competition and perhaps the best one... 'Catch the Tiger Beetle...' which eventually turned into just 'Catch a Bug... ANY Bug!' after Red quite accurately stating that there were no bugs around :p (there really weren't that many and a few were scared off) but eventually, a big was captured, so that was good.

We were partly on voice chat on Discord while Red was on his trusty keyboard :D incidentally... I didn't know that you could just plug in a USB keyboard, I may do that as well for next time but this is something we would like to do with A Smashing Cast in the not too distant future, have anyone from the forum join in by showing us their island and optionally joining us on Skype, then you'd have your island featured in the episode plus there would be some kind of game to play on one of our islands; so give us a shout either in here or in the A Smashing Cast thread if you're interested, as this would typically happen at around 8pm BST on a Tuesday. :peace:

Thanks for the gifts again as well everyone, I know I bought some items from my shop which... may or may not have been that useful but I tried... :p and I'm grateful for the fruit as now I have one of each fruit at least on my island, well... soon to be more as I've planted them all now. :smile:

In fact, as I was really feeling it (the urge to keep playing the game) I carried on playing for another couple of hours, during part of which I was listening to the latest episode of N-E Café Podcast which is probably one of the better ways to enjoy the show I've found, sometimes I'll listen to other shows while playing Animal Crossing because although the game is good, a lot of it is busy work... for instance, Nook wanted me to find locations for three residents AND furnish all of their homes... :blank: he claims there will be a reward for it but I somehow don't think it's going to be worth it, but it does't matter because this is Animal Crossing where Nook somehow always gets you to go along with all of this :indeed: I mean... it's not that bad I suppose, I just got to the point where I realised just how much I'd need to craft and then worked out that I'd probably need a hundred of each wood plus other materials and I got so far with bashing trees... then my Axe broke and I called it a night, so I'll go back to it either later or tomorrow I think.

If we had some of those quality of life improvements featured in that video though, I'd probably be much more inclined to put some more time into the game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

Now if you get a visitor and want him to stay: Keep bugging him until he decides to move. You'll have to play a stupid game of chance. If you win, you can either let a randomly selected resident (it'll always be the same resident for that visitor) leave or the visitor will not move in.
It's a hilariously stupid system but that's what you gotta deal with from now on.

The bolded bit isn't true, you can get a campsite visitor to replace any current resident,

Once you win the game of chance the camper will suggest a resident might be thinking of leaving. As soon as you see which resident they mention DO NOT continue with the conversation. If you force quit the game before finishing the convo then you can just play the card game again and the camper will suggest another resident to leave - it is completely random and you can just continue resetting until one you don't like is suggested.

I did this to get rid of that stupid hamster Rodney, think I reset about five or six times before his name came up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Once you win the game of chance the camper will suggest a resident might be thinking of leaving. As soon as you see which resident they mention DO NOT continue with the conversation. If you force quit the game before finishing the convo then you can just play the card game again and the camper will suggest another resident to leave - it is completely random and you can just continue resetting until one you don't like is suggested.

Good to know.

Shame that you need to abuse a force quit instead of it being a feature in the game.

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Animal Crossing fans doing what Nintendo won't and have created a Nintendo Direct showing off QoL improvements.

https://youtu.be/auTi3stuL5M

I love most of these ideas. I hope Nintendo add atleast some of these in future updates. I can't get over just how well made this video is though, its so well done. I also laughed at this part:

9L06D9m.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Good to know.

Shame that you need to abuse a force quit instead of it being a feature in the game.

They know a thing or two about game design. It’s designed so that you meet new villagers instead of constantly just picking your favourites and having the same experience every game.