• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this post and I just wondered.

I'm 25 :)

Getting closer and closer to 30 :weep:

:p

seriously that's nowhere near 30 lol :heh:

I'm 29, 30 in july! Eek.

Interestingly, since I was 24 I had a plan that I'd like to have a mortgage by the time i'm 30. And here I am in the process of getting one, about 2 months prior... lol

I don't get this apparent fear of 30/40/50. tbh, looking back at when I was 20 and comparing that to when I was 30, I'm actually really looking forward to my 40th and 50th.

60th should be good too but obviously that depends on how my body matures :P So long as I can go for walks of a good distance at a fair pace, and have my wits about me, I think in general the older I am the better! (Guess I'll see how I feel in a couple of decades though :D)

I`m 32, which doesn't seem so bad.

I don't get this apparent fear of 30/40/50. tbh, looking back at when I was 20 and comparing that to when I was 30, I'm actually really looking forward to my 40th and 50th.

60th should be good too but obviously that depends on how my body matures :P So long as I can go for walks of a good distance at a fair pace, and have my wits about me, I think in general the older I am the better! (Guess I'll see how I feel in a couple of decades though :D)

I don't think its a case of fearing the number, but the fact that time is finite and the older you get the less of it there is left. I'm on the same page that 30 seems better than 20 and expect it to keep getting better, but I also worry if I'll do everything I want to and achieve all the things I have in my general life plan. At 20 none of that really mattered, but now it definitely does.

wonder at what age we all got into gaming.... I can't remember how old I was when I started, but I think it was still in the 80's, with a dragon32.

I didn't know what the numbers stood for, yet alone what that meant for the games, but I still wanted a dragon64 :P

I remember playing back one of the game tapes on a regular audio tape player.... ambitiously I attempted to take a blank audio tape and replicate the random noises I heard, in the vain hope of creating a game :D so yeah.. I was very young at the time, my brother was two years older than me and told me it was a stupid idea, but I had faith! turned out it was misplaced, I'd just get error messages. Thankfully those tapes have been lost to time, so there are no copies of my interpretation available :D

It's also interesting seeing how old we'd all have been when consoles released... I was born in the Nes era, but the snes was out here in 92, n64 in 97 then GC in 2002.. My Nes lasted me till I was 14, Disappointed with the N64 I switched to PC gaming (total annihalation, unreal tournament, worms 2 and age of empires.. also hospital, alien vs predator and red alert probably took most of my attention Until N64 won me back..

Nes was my first console so I loved it for that. SMB, Asterix and galaxy 5000 are probably my favourite games.

Snes was my first console experience out in public, so I loved that (having all the top scores on mario kart and being the best on tmht :P) mario kart, starfox and tmht and topgear rally (I forget which version!) are my favourites!

N64 I had one friend who had it... and imo it ruined starfox and mariokart (took a while to get used to the analogue) but it had smash bros... so I loved it for that

GC was the first console I owned where I had my own disposable money, so I built a good library for it - I LOVED that console. Just a shame my friends didn't get one too :( Monkey ball was awesome, F-zero too, ToS also an amazing game for me.

Wii... meh. I was too busy in my life for it, the games that it principally had weren't really for me. My mum played her first video game on it (wii party I think... the cow racing game) so it was good but... meh. Wii sports resort and wii play are probably my most memorable games on there. It is currently gathering dust under my parents tv. my least loved console.

Wii U... closer to what I wanted from the GC2, but not quite there. it's been a good buy, better for me than the PS4/Xo would be so.. I'm generally ok with it. However there are a couple of library gaps that almost make a different console worth me getting. MK8 is so close to perfection, first mario kart since the snes era that felt super! Just the Battle mode lets it down badly. Splatoon is great with my nephew... best friend won't buy it because he's not got a chance of beating me at it... mario maker is good fun too. So it has got defining games, just none that super wow me.

wonder at what age we all got into gaming.... I can't remember how old I was when I started, but I think it was still in the 80's, with a dragon32.

I can remember gaming from some of my earliest memories, playing (or attempting to) on my brother's Master System from about 3 years old.

I think mine was playing my Dad's Atari 2600 but I've never been able to remember if I played that before or after I got a NES for Christmas. Either way it was late 80s.