Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's a 6-30 character limit so you're good...but I once again am not!

Odd, I tried the other day before I posted that and it still wouldnt let me. I'll give it another go now.

EDIT: Turns out I was trying to change the nickname and not the UserID. Happenstance was taken so I just went with HappenstanceUK. Matches all my other gaming IDs anyway.

Edited by Happenstance

So I just checked and I can get a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus memory card for £32.34. Meant to be £50.

I can 3 for 2 these so I can effectively get 3 for £64.68.

Happy to send 2 of them out to people on here if they want one for £21.56 (to be exact). :heh:

Just send fundage via PayPal to sort but let me know. Saves paying £50.

I'm trustworthy. Haha. @S\.C\.G will vouch for my trustworthy-ness with our past 3DS transaction ha.

:)

Trustworthy? Absolutely! :D

Heck, that Ambassador New 3DS was around £150 or so wasn't it? No problems at all and I really appreciated you helping me get one at the time as it allowed me to write that feature for the site. :)

God, I'd so jump on that, if I wasn't already struggling to save up for a Switch.

Why must you torment me so!?

Well if it's cool with you then I could just send £21.56 directly to Aneres11 via PayPal seeing as I've sent money to him before, then he could send the card to you and you could just send me the money (or equivalent eShop credit) at a later date as we've also had dealings before and I trust everyone involved so the offer is there if you like and if that's cool with Aneres as well? : peace:

Edit - potentially the cards may well be sold now but the offer still stands if Aneres manages to get any more for that price, or indeed if you're really stuck for one I could probably get you one for around the same price for before launch.

Edited by S.C.G

Can I buy one..? :smile:

Sold.

I shall PM you later too.

@S\.C\.G I feel bad now you were doing a good deed. :(

But only fair I honour the first 2 who requested to buy them.

I will keep my eye on the stock levels though and if more come available then I'll get them again.

Sold.

I will keep my eye on the stock levels though and if more come available then I'll get them again.

No worries, I knew it was first come-first served and besides you're doing a good deed yourself so all is well. :grin:

I appreciate you taking the time to do this, if any more do come up before March then please do let me know and I'll send you the payment on behalf of @Glen\-i providing he's cool with that. :)

It's definitely a good move to get micro SD cards sorted before launch I reckon, I went with a 200GB one myself but only because I was able to get it for just over £50 which seemed a good deal at the time, I could have done with 256GB but... the price difference just wasn't worth it and I only really wanted 200GB because of all the wealth of VC games we're going to be getting on the Switch...

...r-right Nintendo? :blank: Come on, I'm putting a lot of faith into speculative amounts of storage here, so I'm hoping you'll be throwing us a fair few new VC titles. ;)

Personally I'd still wait a bit longer before buying SD Cards. They're only gonna go down in price and increase in size over time.

I expect that you'd probably be able to get a 256GB SD card for that price by the time you fill the internal storage (assuming that you're not buying DQH 1&2 digitally).

I appreciate you taking the time to do this, if any more do come up before March then please do let me know and I'll send you the payment on behalf of @Glen\-i providing he's cool with that. :)

I'm cool with that. As long as you wouldn't mind waiting until some time in April. Which, provided no sudden expenses come up, should be when I buy a Switch for my house.

A house switch, if you will.

Personally I'd still wait a bit longer before buying SD Cards. They're only gonna go down in price and increase in size over time.

I expect that you'd probably be able to get a 256GB SD card for that price by the time you fill the internal storage.

I dunno, wasnt one of the games coming to the Switch already announced as bigger than the internal storage?

EDIT: It was Dragon Quest Heroes

Sold.

Awesome :hehe: Thanks!

I'll mostly be going with physical cartridges for Switch so 128GB should be enough for game updates and the VC games.

I look forward to hearing from you later :grin:

I'm cool with that. As long as you wouldn't mind waiting until some time in April. Which, provided no sudden expenses come up, should be when I buy a Switch for my house.

A house switch, if you will.

April? That's fine. :)

It's not as if April is going to be a busy month for game releases...

...oh wait. :blush:

Nah, it's still cool. :p

I wish you all the best in your house Switch saving endeavours. :D

Can I buy one..? :smile:

Awesome :hehe: Thanks!

I'll mostly be going with physical cartridges for Switch so 128GB should be enough for game updates and the VC games.

I look forward to hearing from you later :grin:

Yeah same as me. This will just give me more than the measly onboard memory should I want to download the slew of VC titles available... :heh:

The memory cards will definitely come down in price and get bigger capacity wise as time goes on, but for now 128gb at that price is amazing I think.

Plus you get 3 months free Tidal subscription (music streaming) with a code on the inside packaging. And it's normally £20 a month for the high quality stream which really is amazing. So it's win win!

Sorry to have to post these 2 morons again, but they bring an official unboxing vid for all to enjoy... on mute.

Does anyone have experience pre-ordering from the Nintendo Store? Do they tend to deliver early?

I ordered the NES Classic from them as a sort of test to see how their delivery was and it arrived on the Wednesday, two days before release. That's my only experience in ordering from them though so I can't speak to how good they are with a proper console pre-order, but I felt confident enough in them to order my Switch from them.

Mith Mario Kart 8 they did bad (due to the delivery company I believe) so I received a digital download - hence 2 free games, a physical copy, t-shirt, keyring and digital copy. The physical copy went to CEX, and since it was so close to release date I got a good price for it. worked out as a very nice discount!

So even if they do mess up on the switch console... well not sure how they'd compensate you, but I imagine they would...

Does anyone have experience pre-ordering from the Nintendo Store? Do they tend to deliver early?

Typically, yeah.

Most stuff I have got the day before, or two days before. Day of at absolute worst.

Only issue was Super Mario Maker but that was due to Hermes.

I'm hearing things about Birth of Isaac slightly being delayed. Still March, but will miss the launchday.

This is a Taiwanese rhythm game coming to Switch apparently:

Source?

And some Troll action.

Can't be arsed to create threads for them.

Though I'm actually liking the style of that music game.

Edited by Sméagol

Sorry to have to post these 2 morons again, but they bring an official unboxing vid for all to enjoy... on mute.

Ugh. I don't ever get the joy of watching an unboxing video, especially if it's a product you know you're gonna get. I watched one of the Wii U before I got one, and it completly ruined the joy for me when I unboxed it on my own. I knew everything that was in the box, and where it was. I'm not gonna ruin the joy for me this time.

Unboxing is sacred!

...but thats just my thoughts :P.

Aaaand I got my wish grantet (Thanks Ashley!) and my new name is ArtMediocre. Formerly known as Alak. Nice to meet you!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!