Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

Finished both Mario 64 ( Wii U VC ) and Donkey Kong 64 ( Wii U VC ) over the weekend.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Lego Batman 3 ( PS4 ) also got finished, although i'm going for the platinum so it will be a few days or so before I put it on the shelf. I haveto say I found this game hilarious. The story is great and things really pick up when the lantern powers eefcet the superheores. The Flash had me in stitches every time he tried to steal something. :D

The bonus stage is also a welcome addition. It recreates the 70s Batman show and has Adam West doing the voice work, as well as all the funky tunes from the show.

I've found i've spent a lot of time flying around as Superman purely because it plays the theme music from the original films. I have such a cheesy grin when that hits. :D

I also wrapped up everything that needed finishing off on Mario Party 10 ( Wii U ). Not the greatest entry of the series but a fun distraction while it lasted. The Amiibo stuff in it was garbage though.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Kuru Kuru Kuruin yesterday. I noticed @dazzybee posts were on the first page of the community on Miiverse.

It's been a while since I updated this...

I played through Child of Light again. I love this game, but any game can always be given new life by imposing a challenge on yourself.

Yep, I played through the entirety of this without getting any of the other party members.

Yeah, turns out they can all be left behind. The game suddenly becomes surprisingly difficult when you have no backup.

But it was always satisfying when I eventually triumphed over a difficult boss!

And just in case you guys want proof I went all the way.

And then this happened...

Yep, I still stand by that.

Now we all know @Sprout has done this quite a while ago. He's even done the WiiU version! (Seemingly without even using customisations, the nutter!)

But damnit man, this is still one heck of an achievement!

I used my Club Nintendo stars to get Super Mario World for free. So I power-played through it.

I don't need to explain why this game is great, do I? It's Mario World, it's timeless!

I will say this though.

EFF OFF TUBULAR!

And finally, I saw the credits on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate yesterday.

Now don't get me wrong, there is still tons of stuff for me to do. But it's a nice milestone to talk about my impressions of it.

It's good old Monster Hunter, I think it's better than 3 Ultimate. I am not one bit miffed that there's no WiiU version. It is a definite contender for Game of the Year for me so far. If you don't like Monster Hunter, there's no point trying to convince you that you'll like this one. That is all...

OK, one more thing...

I didn't make a lot of Miiverse posts for this game...

And with that...

Lufia: The Legend Returns - GBC

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - WiiU (Not 100%)

Demon's Crest - SNES (Not 100%)

The World Ends With You - DS

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Gunman Clive 2 - 3DS

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - 3DS

Banjo-Tooie - N64

Metroid Zero Mission - GBA (Not 100%)

Child of Light - Wii U (Single Character challenge)

Super Smash Bros - 3DS (Everything, baby!)

Super Mario World - SNES

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 3DS (Credits seen)

As many of you may be aware, I completed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker last night :hehe:

With that, my current list of cleared games in 2015 is as follows:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC)

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC)

Viewtiful Joe (GC)

The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3)

ICO (PS2)

Yoshi's New Island (3DS)

Dino Crisis (PS1)

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS)

Okami (Wii)

Super Mario World (Wii VC)

Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

It's been an enjoyably diverse year, so far :yay:

Just to weigh in on the Tubular debate - I'm 100% with @Glen\-i - was one of the worst stages of my memory as a kid, and still annoys me on playthroughs to this day! A lot of the Star Road does, actually...

Anyhow, as for me - I've just defeated Majora's Mask in self-styled title Majora's Mask 3DS! Made sure I had most things before going to the moon, and got the last bits up there. 100% completed! I'd told myself I'd try WiiU-ing next with Earthbound and some backlog, though not 100% sure how I'm feeling on that now - a recent introduction to Netflix has really started to absorb my free time elsewhere!

I played a little Super Smash Bros on 3DS last night, unlocking all the remaining characters. I'm wondering if that means I can consider it to be 'clear' or not.. ::shrug:

The challenges should keep me coming back every now and again, and certainly give me a good reason to play it, but I can't really imagine myself ever beating them all :heh:

Completed Never Alone. That's right, completed! :heh: Although to be fair it's a very short game that pretty much plays itself.

In fact, I think I actually enjoyed it more as a documentary than a game. :hmm:

Either way, that's another one for the diary...

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4)

MHbUwnT.gifNever Alone (PS4+) 100%

Unfinished:

-

I've been continuing my adventures on Lego Batman 3 ( PS4 ) this week. I'm slowly working my way towards the platinum. I completed the story in about 12 hours but i've logged something like 25 hours into it. Gotta love a good trophy hunt to expand what you get out of a game.

I started playing Mario Kart DS ( Wii U VC ) the other day. I've just been playing a few tracks here and there and still have a lot to do. It's strange going back to it after playing the newer versions. I keep trying to do tricks off the jumps. :D

It's great have the save states on it as it highlights just how cheap and unfair the AI are in those games. I got pelted with 3 blue shells in one lap while racing last night. It's good to see that they calmed that down with Mario Kart 8.

Completed Never Alone. That's right, completed! :heh: Although to be fair it's a very short game that pretty much plays itself.

In fact, I think I actually enjoyed it more as a documentary than a game. :hmm:

Hm, I read somewhere that you can "play" it cooperatively? If so, is it difficult? Could it be something for someone who basically has never played video games (bar the occasional round of Mario Kart or Mario Party)?

Hm, I read somewhere that you can "play" it cooperatively? If so, is it difficult? Could it be something for someone who basically has never played video games (bar the occasional round of Mario Kart or Mario Party)?
Yeah, it can either be played co-op, or single player by switching between the 2 characters.

Wouldn't consider it difficult, but it can be frustrating at times because the gameplay is a bit clunky, especially toward the end of the game when there's more emphasis on the timing of your movement.

The Whispered World (Special Edition)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Whispered%20World_zpsjex1fsl4.jpg?t=1428693200

When I took this screenshot, Sadwick blinked

Okay, so I made the effort and finished this, along with most of the achievements.

This game is clearly a labour of love, I quite liked it. Beautiful backgrounds, beautiful music, and an engaging story. And this guy's adorable:

latest?cb=20140508004649

Love to see these modern point&clicks. Plus, any game from Daedalic is good to practise one's German.

I'm thinking of going for RPGs, now.

Played/Beat/Completed:

-Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb (Last played: 11th January)

-Hitman Contracts (2nd February)

-Sonic CD (19th February)

-Puzzle Agent (17th February)

-Teslagrad (8th March)

-Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (14th March)

-The Whispered World (11th April)

Currently Playing:

-Final Fantasy X

On Hold/Hiatus:

-Civilization V

Dropped:

-Enemy Mind (25th March)

Edited by Jonnas

I've been playing Tomb Raider on the PS4. In short i'm so far loving the non-stop action. Doesn't have the engrossing story like TLOU but the gameplay is much more exciting.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I quite enjoyed the story in the end and overall it turned out to be one of my most memorable games for a very long time. :)

Never attempted the multiplayer. The weapons are just so extremely satisfying to use. :heart:

Started and finished Monster Bag ( Vita ) this weekend. It was one of the PS+ games for the month and quite enjoyed it. It has some great animation and the art style is very cartoony and colourful. This makes it pretty funny when you see heads getting blown off and limbs getting chopped off. It reminds me of the cartoon violence from Itchy & Scratchy. :)

Also started and finished Never Alone ( PS4 ). This was also free with this months PS+.

I've been wanting to play this for a while and was very pleased to get it for free. The game is gorgeous, as are the animations of the main character. She's adorable. I was sooooo gutted when...

The fox died.

:( His spirit design wasn't half as good either.

@Fierce_LiNk have you and the missus started playing this yet? I imagine it being a great game in co-op and it's quite a short adventure, so it's not too taxing and a good game to relax to.

I put some more time into Mario Kart DS ( Wii U VC ). I finished off 50cc and kept switching between 100cc and 150cc. I was hoping to have Mirror Mode unlocked before they weekend was through ( still may yet ) but the AI is annoying the hell out of me with its cheap tactics and over the top rubber banding.

I got my platinum trophy on Lego Batman 3 ( PS4 ). I think I was close to 30 hours playtime with it. I bet an hour of that was just me flying around as Superman, listening to the theme music. :D

With Lego done, I decided to start DriveClub ( PS4 ). I'm not that keen on it though.

I've never been great at racing games but I do enjoy the genre. I'm finding this game a little too hard for my tastes. I also do not care for the rubber banding racers either. It's something I despise in racing games as I find it a very cheap move.

I love the Forza series due to its ability to appeal to everyone. Finding the game too hard? Put on racing lines or even lower the difficulty level, something which you simply can't do on this during the campaign. By doing these on Forza it lessens your money/exp but the game becomes manageable and quite frankly more fun for me. With DC I feel it's a case of get good or get out.

I do enjoy the things like the speed/corner/drift challenges appearing as you race and the graphics are stunning to look at. However, I do find the change from day to night during a race a little off putting. I would prefer it to be just stay light!

Finished Never Alone this morning. A great looking little platforming game with a few challenging puzzles.

I recommend all those with a PS4 get it downloaded now (its one of the free playstation plus games this month)

Edit: @Hero\-of\-Time oh snap! Check the time of posts.

@Fierce_LiNk have you and the missus started playing this yet? I imagine it being a great game in co-op and it's quite a short adventure, so it's not too taxing and a good game to relax to.

With Lego done, I decided to start DriveClub ( PS4 ). I'm not that keen on it though.

I've never been great at racing games but I do enjoy the genre. I'm finding this game a little too hard for my tastes. I also do not care for the rubber banding racers either. It's something I despise in racing games as I find it a very cheap move.

I love the Forza series due to its ability to appeal to everyone. Finding the game too hard? Put on racing lines or even lower the difficulty level, something which you simply can't do on this during the campaign. By doing these on Forza it lessens your money/exp but the game becomes manageable and quite frankly more fun for me. With DC I feel it's a case of get good or get out.

I do enjoy the things like the speed/corner/drift challenges appearing as you race and the graphics are stunning to look at. However, I do find the change from day to night during a race a little off putting. I would prefer it to be just stay light!

@Eenuh was just about to start the game. In fact, she booted it up when I shouted noooo, we're going to do it in co-op, haha. So, we've got that to look forward to.

With regards to DriveClub: Yes, it is hard, but you will get better at it. You'll need to brake more often than you probably would with other racers and it does require you to be constantly thinking. I love it though and I can say that I've definitely had a great time with it.

You can change the settings for individual races, but not for tours (which makes sense). So, for an individual race, you could keep it as day (turn the transition time right down) and keep it to dry if you wanted. Personally, I love starting off at night and it turning to day and vice versa, it makes the game fun. The AI can be punishing at times, but you'll get better and it'll make you a better driver for it.

Glad to see you both liking Never Alone, @Hero\-of\-Time and @lostmario. Glad that people are getting a chance to experience thanks to PS+, it may not be perfect (it could be more intuitive and a little less clunky) but it's a nice little platformer with a touching story that really benefits from the whole cultural perspective of things and the little documentaries are great.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it @Fierce_LiNk.

Been a while since I've posted in here about any of my progress with anything. I've not really had a lot of time to play much recently and as such, I think it's spoiled a little of the enjoyment I was getting from games. Bloodborne for example, which is a shame because it was starting to click but I think because I only really get about an hour or so spare every now and then, it's not benefitting the play style, especially if I end up getting killed and having to retrace my steps. I am making slow and steady progress tho, having taken out both of the Hunters in the starting part of Old Yharnam (the guy on the gatling gun took 3 hits as I rushed him and he fell off the building :laughing::yay:) and have opened 2 shortcuts so hopefully this week I'll have a bit more spare time to put into it.

Sadly, Shadow of Mordor has fallen by the wayside. It just wasn't clicking which is partly a shame as the Nemesis system was interesting (though it did have a habit of throwing up the Uruk captains wanting revenge at the worst possible times) but the gameplay just wasn't holding me. I've shelved it for now and may come back to it at some point. Hopefully when I do, it'll be second times a charm :)

Also started playing Rayman Legends again. Think because other things came along, I didn't really play much of it but was in the mood to play it again and glad I did. It's such a great platformer. The level design really is top notch (and regardless of what anyone says, Nintendo should take some notes on it, not just the music levels), it looks great and it's just so good and fun to play.

Only thing I've actually finished was Life Is Strange: Episode 2. Really enjoyed that one. That last bit of that episode was fantastic and I thought really well handled. Actually turned off at the last decision part when I was playing it to have a proper think about what I should do as there are some serious ramifications starting to play out. In the end, the decision was pretty easy:

Chose to blame Nathan in the end. Mr Jefferson was just oblivious to what was happening and appears to be in an awkward place, though I do think there's more to his character than there appears, and I do actually think that Madsen is a good guy and is trying to stop another Rachel Amber situation. Nathan, on the other hand, is just causing trouble cause he thinks nothing will happen. We'll see about that. The only thing that could come back to bite me on that one is if he is buying off of the Frank guy because he now has Chloe's gun in my play through.

Really looking forward to seeing what else comes of the remaining episodes.

And also have GTA 5 and Metro Redux on the go.

I put some more time into DriveClub last night. I spent a while trying to get 3 stars on a stage, before finally giving up. However, I have noticed I can achieve the platinum without pushing further into Tour mode and getting frustrated. I tried these methods last night and they work great, so I may just continue to play it that way.

I've looked around the net to see if it was just me thinking it was difficult but there's quite a few complaints about it. Some guys even found that the A.I. changes between races and if you get stuck with a stupidly fast one, no matter how many times you restart the race it will always stick with them. You have to back out of the race completely and then go back in and hope the drivers are less aggressive.

I've never played the Motorstorm games ( apart from RC ) but apparently the rubber banding n those games was stupidly over powered. It seems Evolution studios have a history of using it in their games.

After playing through Mario 64/DK64/Lego Batman I wanted a palate cleansing game. Something fun, relaxing and that would bring a sense of joy. I decided to dig into my Wii collection and I started playing Kirby's Epic Yarn. I hadn't played this since finishing it all those years ago and it was nice to revisit the game.

The game, like most Kirby games, is utterly charming. From the 80's style narration to the piano music used throughout the stages, all of these things make it an absolute joy to play.

I often find myself smiling as I double tap the direction button. Kirby turning into a car and then letting off a beep beep sound as you move is hilarious. His other animations are great as well. Whether he's using his yarn to skip or simply seeing him getting sleepy, each of these little acts bring a smile to my face.

I'm about 40% of the way through the game ( started on Sunday night ) and i'm looking forward to putting more time into the game.

It's been a while since I played a lot of my Wii games and I may go back and play through a few others, especially the 2D platformers, a genre I simply adore.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!