Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Things you like that everybody hates

MoogleViper

PLEASE DON'T LEAAAAAVE! I thought I was alone on this! I seriously like them but my friends laugh at me and tell me they're terrible. I don't get why. How You Remind Me and Hero (I know it's Chad Kroeger but still...) is such tunes!

New album (Here and Now) is decent enough, "Lullaby" is a fine song indeed from the album. Saw them live in Birmingham last October, seeing them again in London this November. Still trying to find someone to go with.

Edited by Jimbob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Browsing through my BluRay collection I found Perfect Sense.

Lot of critics don't like this movie; no one I know who has seen the movie likes it...

Watched it two times...and every single time I was scared of losing one of my senses.

It made me appreciate all the little and all the big joys of life. Tasting good food, listening to amazing music, hearing the voice of people you love, seeing a beautiful woman, smelling her perfume...

The Dark Knight Rises. I watched it yesterday and still can't believe that many don't like it or that some hate it.

I absolutely love that film. I watched it whilst out in NYC and so many people at work mentioned how they didn't like it as Batman wasn't in it much.

I sat there in disbelief mostly, that whole trilogy is amazing.

Well i would put 2001 in the 'things everyone else likes, but i don't' thread, but i've not seen Silent Running. Is it similar?

Yes and no. It was directed by the guy who directed the special effects for 2001, about a man who hijacks the spaceship he's on with the last patch of natural Earth forest on board to save it from destruction with only three little robots for company. It is the direct inspiration for Wall-E - there's even an in-movie reference to it.

I love Big Bang Theory too. It's one of those things that I can't see how people can actually hate, it's just nice viewing. Seems to be the popular thing to express 'hate' towards overly popular mainstream entertainment.

Well put. It's pretty sad how people just turn up and make snide little comments about things other people enjoy. It's attention-seeking behaviour coupled with a need to be the "edgy outsider". Fair enough if you don't like it, but be adult enough not to take the piss out of others because they like it.

Well put. It's pretty sad how people just turn up and make snide little comments about things other people enjoy. It's attention-seeking behaviour coupled with a need to be the "edgy outsider". Fair enough if you don't like it, but be adult enough not to take the piss out of others because they like it.

Indeed. It seems to epitomise the current norm of having to have a distant, censorious, even ironic relationship with media; god forbid you actually enjoy anything.

Well I'd say it's likely to get flak from a forum like this because it's regularly accused of having negative stereotypes of nerds/geeks/academics. I don't think it matters if it does. There are clearly people like that in real life and it makes it comedic to have extremes rather than balanced characters.

I love The Big Bang Theory and I actually think it's got better over time. Dan used to be really snobby about it until he watched a few episodes. He still makes out he doesn't like it but then gets upset when I watch it without him :laughing:. Also, from teaching children with autism it's really interesting to see how well they portray Sheldon with that behaviour.

@Diageo I do think they play on some stereotypes, but they're portrayed in a positive light.

I also watch Glee :red: ... but sometimes skip through the songs :cool:.

Edited by Emma

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!