N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 23rd Jan - Wii U only - Worldwide

Serebii

Duuuuuude, :blank: you seriously need to pick up MK7.

Yeah, Nintendo messed up with MKWii by adding bikes, and the balance of the game was completely borked as a result. But MK7 is sound as a pound. The controls are spot-on, the visuals/audio are fantastic, and the online multiplayer is as smooth as you like. icon14.gif

Nintendo are not messing up Mario Kart, they're just not doing as much as they could be. I'm hopeful that MK8/U will bring in some decent additions, without messing with the formula too much.

Am I the only one who ABSOLUTELY HATES the new coin system? Oo

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Nintendo announcing any MAJOR games from the Mario or Zelda franchise.

I just think it would be better to save them for E3.

My predictions are:

Wii Fit U

Wii Sports U

DLC for NSMBU

Resident Evil Revelations

And mentions of games we already know about that are coming

If this is the case (prob not!) then I would be slightly disappointed.

I wouldn't mind another Wii Sports, but I want tennis in there. If it isn't, no point for me as it's all I played on the original! :heh:

My predictions

Two new first party games

-Possible Monolith game or Pokémon spin-off

Wii U VC with Wind Waker as the first title "available right after this video"

Wii VC titles to be carried over to the Wii U as they're released on the Wii U VC

Pikmin 3 dated for April 25 (Japan), 26 (Europe), 28 (America)

Wii Fit U dated for May

Realistically,

The VC for WiiU will be shown

and

perhaps a little teaser trailer for something new.

The rest will be additional info on games we already know about.

What's also possible is a few new eShop games from NINTENDO.

They said outright that there will be the reveal of new games

If they announce the VC then i'll be a happy chappy....provided that it launches soon of course.

My predictions

Wii VC titles to be carried over to the Wii U as they're released on the Wii U VC

Wii Fit U dated for May

Don't do this to me, man.

My predictions

Wii Fit U dated for May

I'd explode if they said that

I'd explode if they said that

I was watching a Dolphin Wind Waker comparison last night and it made me want to replay it in HD so much! I do have a PC that could handle it now, but somehow I just feel so alienated playing games in that manner.

Whatever little tease we do get I hope it's something genuinely surprising.

Here's what I'd like to see, major wishlist (and NOT what people are going to get):

1) Retro are doing StarFox, it's like Gears of War but with flying bits interspersed. It also has an HD port of Lylat Wars unlockable. It's online!

2) SEGA are remaking F-ZERO GX, with online.

3) Battalion Wars 3 is announced. Fully fleshed out with new formations and tactical decisions made using the touch screen. It's got a full Command and Conquer style online multi-player.

4) Monolith announce they're working on a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles.

5) Fire Emblem is announced. It's gorgeous. It's also got online battles where you can battle against others using your party.

This would all be amazing news. However I'm expecting something far less exciting...

New coin system? :blank: The only thing new about it is that you don't spin out at 0.

Well, and that you're capped at 10 coins, but that's hardly anything major.

What? Oo The more coins you have, the higher your max speed. Meaning in multiplayer everyone always uses the same routes on the tracks, because they have the most coins and since you're constantly getting hit, you always need to stock up on more coins. Which conpletely kills the exploratory nature of Mario Kart's tracks and their multiple routes.

What? Oo The more coins you have, the higher your max speed. Meaning in multiplayer everyone always uses the same routes on the tracks, because they have the most coins and since you're constantly getting hit, you always need to stock up on more coins. Which conpletely kills the exploratory nature of Mario Kart's tracks and their multiple routes.
Uh huh, but it's not new.

Huh?? Oo No! Never! The only Mario Kart 2 games I haven't played extensively are the Snes and Gba, but all the others most certainly did NOT have this feature...

those happen to be the very two games that have the coins feature. I agree with you though, I'm not a fan of the coins in MK7.