N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 23rd Jan - Wii U only - Worldwide

Serebii

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft, Mario Kart needs fresh blood.

Just merge the 2. Mario Kart's roster with Diddy's mechanics and innovation.

Isn't that basically Mario Kart 7?

No adventure hub, no hidden key -collecting, no bosses, no awesome coin challenges...

The dream would be Nintendo realise how much they are messing up Mario Kart and just give the whole lot to Monster. They then give the next Zelda to Retro.
Duuuuuude, :blank: you seriously need to pick up MK7.

Yeah, Nintendo messed up with MKWii by adding bikes, and the balance of the game was completely borked as a result. But MK7 is sound as a pound. The controls are spot-on, the visuals/audio are fantastic, and the online multiplayer is as smooth as you like. icon14.gif

Nintendo are not messing up Mario Kart, they're just not doing as much as they could be. I'm hopeful that MK8/U will bring in some decent additions, without messing with the formula too much.

What I think woud be good for Nintendo to do would be to do this:

- tease stuff for 2014, teaser trailer for mario or/and zelda or/and smash. This is so far away they can still woo us at e3 2014 but get us hard for it. They then leave the big 2013 game until e3, still being able to save a surprise

- show us a big game we can expect this year, an awesome trailer for mario kart/diddly kong (save Metroid prime 4 for e3)

- reveal VC, fully compatible with the game we have already bought and work on the gamepad. And obviously GameCube.

- reveal some great eshop games

- announce Nintendo tvii

Done. Every beloved Nintendo again but they haven't shot their load too much to blow us away again at e3

ibtdJSZcq4brch.gif

Prepare yourselves for disappointment...

EDIT: All this shit about Diddy Kong Racing - shut up! Diddy Kong Racing isn't going to be a system seller. In fact, Diddy Kong Racing would get completely overlooked by the vast majority of people as it would be competing with Mario Kart - which is what the wider audience would actually be interested in.

People want to see Wii Us flying off shelves? Then Smash Bros, Mario Kart and an online verion of Wii Sports would do well to show their faces!

Mario Kart Wii was awesome. But again, Nintendo are stuck. They do something new like adding bikes and the response is:

"Waaaagggghhhh Nintendo changed something, I want classic Mario Kart, it's called Mario Kart for a reason - because it's Kart's!!!!"

Yet had Nintendo not included new features like the bikes this would have been the response:

"Waaaagggghhhh Nintendo never change anything! It's the same old recycled game from the SNES era! I want to see this series evolve!!!!"

See, whilst people are more than content to pay for COD/NFS/FIFA/PES/EA yearly shooter etc year on year with a gentle evolutionary curve, Nintendo (who only release one or two of each main franchise per generation) are held to some ridiculous standard that changes at whim!

Edited by Zechs Merquise

- tease stuff for 2014, teaser trailer for mario or/and zelda or/and smash. This is so far away they can still woo us at e3 2014 but get us hard for it.

I could see them maybe teasing something for E3 this year but not next. We all know Nintendo aren't ones for showing things too early (ie: more than a year away) anymore.

The next Zelda game they show/release will likely be on the 3DS so won't be shown at todays "Wii U" ND. I can't see them announcing Zelda Wii U yet with Skyward Sword only a year old. If we're lucky we might get it teased at E3 with it being due for release end of 2014... if we're lucky.

"Big" games that we might have a chance of seeing something of today I'd reckon would be either Smash Bros, as we know it's in the works but we've not seen anything of, or Mario Kart which would prolly be there "go to" game for something to "get out quick" that they know could cause an impact too.

The system needs a firm Virtual Console date and something to shift systems for the next few months.

Nintendo always have the potential to blow people away with announcements but rarely do so.

Any combination of the following will do it for me, as few or many as we are deemed worthy of by Iwata's Army:

- More Wii U/3DS integration

- A new Zelda Four Swords downloadable for Wii U

- New Metroid/F-Zero/Starfox announcement

- New Wii U Kid Icarus title (yessss)

- Virtual Console launching Q1 2013 with GameCube titles available and at a reasonable price (yeah, right).

- Some way to transfer Wii Virtual Console games into Wii U for off-screen play and no need to repurchase (once again, yeah right).

- HD re-releases of select Wii games as downloadables

- Some kind of DVD functionality patch so kids can watch DVDs on the game pad (maybe TVii has this base covered?)

- A Monster Hunter hardware bundle and revisions of the existing bundles (Basic bundled with Nintendoland/Premium also comes with a Mario U download code).

- Monster Hunter Wii U and 3DS software bundle.

Edited by Guy

The only part of Iwata's tweet I'm not to keen on is the "and services Nintendo is developing." part...

It better not be 20 minutes of TVII

TVii is out in Japan and America so no

Some of the speculation I'm seeing around the net is ridiculous. Despite being confirmed to be Wii U and first party only, I keep seeing people say "Miiverse on 3DS. More NSMB2 DLC. I want <InsertThirdPartyGame>"

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

TVii is out in Japan and America so no

Some of the speculation I'm seeing around the net is ridiculous. Despite being confirmed to be Wii U and first party only, I keep seeing people say "Miiverse on 3DS. More NSMB2 DLC. I want <InsertThirdPartyGame>"

ZELDA 3DS FTW!!!!!!111!!!!!! :p

this thread was a roller coaster read this morning,

first party?

please please please be epic and not wiimusic or wiifit

any two of these and i'll be happy

Metroid

Zelda

Mother/Earthbound

GoldenSun

Excite

Yoshi

Fire Emblem

Virtual Console -GAMECUBE, (Wii -makes sense to rerelease full retail versions on it), Snes, NES,Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Dreamcast

Although it's very unlikely, I'd like them to mention some sort of Wii U and 3DS link up capabilities beyond what we can currently do and expect. Nintendo has always dabbled in the idea of an ecosystem, with Pokemon Stadium and it's gameboy pack being the first, although tiny, step. Then we had the Gamecube actually linking with a completely different system rather than just the game, thanks to the GBA cable which was actually rather well supported by some third party games. Then the Wii supported the DS, but the extent I'm not so sure because I got my Wii incredibly late and only did some demo's and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I'd like to see them take it a step further, because it's like how people are currently seeing other tech companies, keeping to a similar brand opens you up to certain ecosystems that opens you up to the thought of buying more from the same brand. How Nintendo can do this however, I've no idea. People have already toyed with the idea of using the 3DS as some form of limited controller etc.

ZELDA 3DS FTW!!!!!!111!!!!!! :p

this thread was a roller coaster read this morning,

first party?

please please please be epic and not wiimusic or wiifit

any two of these and i'll be happy

Metroid

Zelda

Mother/Earthbound

GoldenSun

Excite

Yoshi

Fire Emblem

Virtual Console -GAMECUBE, (Wii -makes sense to rerelease full retail versions on it), Snes, NES,Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Dreamcast

Those VC proposals would be superb. I sure would love to see Daytona USA 2001 in HD. And Shenmue with shorter loading times and improved draw distance.

Regarding Excite... I loved Excitebike 64, so I'd love to see something like that. Excitetrucks had cool vehicle damage. If Nintendo would combine them in to something like Motorstorm, I'd love that.

Excitevermin can go drown itself however.

Personally, I'd like to see Pilotwings, Starfox and as mentioned previously: Perfect Dark to get a sequel. The latter being extremely unlikely, tho.

Those VC proposals would be superb. I sure would love to see Daytona USA 2001 in HD. And Shenmue with shorter loading times and improved draw distance.

Regarding Excite... I loved Excitebike 64, so I'd love to see something like that. Excitetrucks had cool vehicle damage. If Nintendo would combine them in to something like Motorstorm, I'd love that.

Excitevermin can go drown itself however.

Personally, I'd like to see Pilotwings, Starfox and as mentioned previously: Perfect Dark to get a sequel. The latter being extremely unlikely, tho.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Pilotwings on the WiiU, but it has to a massive version with skydiving, pararchuting, etc, making a comeback...

Fuck it, put pilotwings into a game with Wii U Sports on Wuhu island together. WUhU island fun, bit of bowling, rowing and then onto gliding.

- tease stuff for 2014, teaser trailer for mario or/and zelda or/and smash. This is so far away they can still woo us at e3 2014 but get us hard for it. They then leave the big 2013 game until e3, still being able to save a surprise

- show us a big game we can expect this year, an awesome trailer for mario kart/diddly kong (save Metroid prime 4 for e3)

- reveal VC, fully compatible with the game we have already bought and work on the gamepad. And obviously GameCube.

- reveal some great eshop games

- announce Nintendo tvii

Done. Every beloved Nintendo again but they haven't shot their load too much to blow us away again at e3

I think you're going to be very disappointed.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Pilotwings on the WiiU, but it has to a massive version with skydiving, pararchuting, etc, making a comeback...

Fuck it, put pilotwings into a game with Wii U Sports on Wuhu island together. WUhU island fun, bit of bowling, rowing and then onto gliding.

NO!

Wuhu is a smal, dull island. I want a proper sequel with at least four vast levels and eight vehicles. Personally I want to see every single vehicle and level from PW64 and PW 3DS make a comeback. That means both jet planes, biplanes and gyrocopters. And of course the attack helicopter from the SNES version as well:

And please, no miis, I want to play as the zaney characters from PW64.