Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GAME Group what next?

flameboy

Game and Gamestation are both having a huge sale by the looks of things. Games like Killzone 2 are going for 50p second hand, but sold out right now. Try instore if interested.

Just bought a pre-owned Dead or Alive 4 at 44p and £2.54 points that I had, not bad. A game I've wanted to rebuy for awhile for 44p

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Il be sad to see this happen of I'm honest, but we all saw this coming surely?

Does game own gamestation and blockbuster? I know people who work in most stores and really feel for them at the moment.

It's a shame that so many people could lose jobs over this but it is what happens when you starve a market of completion. Then CEX and grainier games popped up and people were glad of a change, I hope game can make it through this and learn from it.

@Kaytee @Dyson @Daniel

What did you even expect? You're working for GAME. How long have you all even worked there? Is it not long enough to realise how shit they are? I'm amazed you aren't all more upset at the company for doing this. You're representatives of that shitty parent company, and thus suffer the wrath of the customers for being it. It's all part and parcel of the job.

Does game own gamestation and blockbuster? I know people who work in most stores and really feel for them at the moment.

They do own Gamestation, they are having the same issues so once GAME goes, Gamestation will as well. No idea about Blockbuster.

Game and Gamestation are both having a huge sale by the looks of things. Games like Killzone 2 are going for 50p second hand, but sold out right now. Try instore if interested.

Just bought a pre-owned Dead or Alive 4 at 44p and £2.54 points that I had, not bad. A game I've wanted to rebuy for awhile for 44p

yeah was just gonna post this eurogamer reporting it.

EDIT:

Picked up advance wars for 98p struggling to find much. 360 seems to have way more than PS3. Offers are instore as well apparently.

Edited by flameboy

Yeah, we priced up a huge sale on pre-owned today. Anything that was 12.99 is now 7.98, 7.99 is 4.98 and 4.99 is 1.98/2.98. Mint titles are going in to the sale tomorrow (not that any stores have those, lolol)

Also got a slap on the wrist for my social networking ranting antics at work. Or rather, I posted the post above in my blog, and allegedly the higher ups are checking social networking sites to ensure shit isn't being thrown around.

Yeah, we priced up a huge sale on pre-owned today. Anything that was 12.99 is now 7.98, 7.99 is 4.98 and 4.99 is 1.98/2.98. Mint titles are going in to the sale tomorrow (not that any stores have those, lolol)

I would think this was great, if I hadn't just bought Burnout for £12.99 last week.

Also got a slap on the wrist for my social networking ranting antics at work. Or rather, I posted the post above in my blog, and allegedly the higher ups are checking social networking sites to ensure shit isn't being thrown around.

In the current situation the expect people not to discuss the issue on social networking sites? that just shows how deluded GAMEs management are

I really feel for you! i guess the slap on the wrists was because your boss feels the same

Goes from bad to worse, don't blame yourself, blame management to be fair.

Sales you say? Might take advantage of that, if I get time. It's still incredibly sad though. :(

Whilst we're on the subject, I went to pre-order Resident Evil: Opperation Raccoon City from ShopTo, just incase GAME didn't get stock. I was originally planning to keep both pre-orders, then decide which one to choose at the last minute... but then I accidentally paid for it upfront! >.< I had to cancel my GAME pre-order after that. :(

Hardware price drop today. Currently known prices are listed below...

PSPS:

BASE MODEL: £29.99

2000: £39.99

PSP GO AND 3003: £49.99

WII'S:

WHITE: £39.99

BLACK: £49.99

BLUE WITH LONDON MARIO OLYMPICS: £59.99

RED LIMITED EDITION MARIO: £59.99

PS3'S:

40GB, 80GB AND 60GB: £99.99

120GB AND 160GB: £129.99

250GB AND 320GB: £149.99

XBOX 360:

20GB AND 60GB; £69.99

250GB SLIM: £129.99

NINTENDO 3DS: £114.99

NINTENDO DS:

ORIGINAL: £19.99

DS Lite: £34.99

DSi: £49.99

DSiXl: £79.99

360 (4GB and 120GB): £99.99

Sad to see, but there are some great deals in there (that PSP Go is as good as mine!)

Edited by Dcubed

Hardware price drop today. Currently known prices are listed below...

Sad to see, but there are some great deals in there (that PSP Go is as good as mine!)

BWARK! BWARK! ABANDON SHIP! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! BWARK! BWARK! ABANDON SHIP! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

power-drill-1.jpg

BWARK...oh, well, that's a drill... But still, y'know... Abandon ship. And all that.

Edited by Iun

I order some things online when the cheap sale went live so to speak including Advance Wars which got cancelled. I got emails of GAME saying all the rest have been cancelled, no explanation nothing, exact same reason I stopped using them when they started cancelling my preorders for no apparent reason.

All these sales just seems to be another step towards the stores closing down.

Edited by flameboy

Pre owned is so... Sticky. I was always glad when working there that we didn't do cash for old games. Then about six months before I left, they started with the cash - ID plus address required.

Society's Dregs: "I want to exchange this bag of definitely not stolen games for cash."

Me: "Certainly sir, and may I comment on how beer-like your cologne is today, kudos! Now, your ID and proof of address... Let's see, an expired drivers licence and a letter from a methadone clinic asking why you missed your last appointment... *sigh* here's your money, the dealers are in the alley on your left as you leave the shop."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!