Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

A friend deleted her facebook last week or so and we've been emailing ever since, talking more regularly through there than we did on facebook which is great because like you, @Jav_NE, I would rather send an email or, heaven forbid, talk on a phone but no one else seems to want to do this. Oh well....

Bad stuff, I had to wear an eye tracker while making a cup of tea for someone's dissertation experiment. I'd never made a cup of tea until today (more a coffee person and even then I tend to buy it from a coffee shop rather than make it) so may well have skewed her results. Hate wearing eye trackers as you're consciously aware that you need to be careful where you look so that people don't think you're weird, etc.

Also, got a 'no chance' reply to my asking for a new lab for my study. Now means I'm going to have to time share a lab. Balls. Beginning to hate uni. At least there's only 4 months left.

That's not true. If you beat them too regularly or intensely, that might induce a ferocious response and condition them to dislike you.

I'd say the only reason dogs like humans is because they are conditioned to from all the praise and feeding. Probably some biological component from years of taming and breeding for tameness as well.

Usually when I do an amazing FB status it gets swamped with "likes" within minutes. Just done a fucking amazing one and no likes yet. Its been 5 minutes. Fuck this shit.

To be fair, I used to like every single thing you did on Facebook.

I would have liked that shit yo.

Well my dads been carted off to hospital with suspected measles. He's been on lot of pills and steroids for some time and it look like its weakened his immume system. Must have gotten infected then.

Mahteens, I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope he gets betters soon. =(

Man hugs?

Inadvertently caused an incident in work today. The warehouse guy (who always reacts to mistakes he makes as though he doesn't care, like he's not listening at all) made another mistake, the admin girl asked him about it and he responded in his usual not-paying-attention way. He didn't even answer the question properly.

I went into the warehouse to see if I could find the missing roll, and he complained that the admin girl was constantly moaning to him (when she simply asks questions about mistakes he's made - questions that need to be asked). I repeated this to the admin girl, expecting her to find it amusing (like I did when someone mentioned that he said that "I shouldn't tell him what to do" fairly recently - it's partially my job to tell him what to do, anyway).

However, she ended up having a word (and argument) with him, so she's pretty annoyed about the whole thing. It's not just this that's caused this, but it is what put it past the tipping point.

He then asked to have a word with me. His opinion is that I did it purely to cause trouble.

Fair enough, I probably shouldn't haver repeated it, but I certainly didn't do it to cause trouble. I tried explaining that I expected her to shrug it off and that I probably shouldn't have said it, but no, he was convinced that I did it to cause trouble (but couldn't come up with any reason why I would even want to do so).

Although since starting this, another member of staff pointed out that this stuff seems to be happening, but because everyone keeps to themselves about it nothing happens - so he reckons it's a good thing that something has actually happened. I don't know, but something is going to have to happen with the situation.

Although I'm pretty sure it was going to happen anyway - the boss is already wanting to get rid of him and has already asked both me and admin girl (separately) if we should sack him or give him a chance. We both opted to give him a chance. If he knew this, his thoughts would probably change quite a bit.

Edit:

I think I've solved the situation - he really does have too much work to do, and he's out in the cold warehouse while everyone else is in the office.

So I've spoken to him and I'm going to suggest to the boss (who's on holiday at the moment) that we need a part-timer (we really need one anyway). If things continue to not work, then the part-timer would also be a backup.

Edited by Cube

I went to visit my local David Lloyd centre this afternoon with the intent of joining. It looked a really good option because it has tennis and squash leagues, a gym and pool all in the same building. The tennis social scene is meant to be great which is exactly what I'm after.

The only negative is the price... ?88.50 a month!

Had a sore throat/cold thing all week, which is just annoying as it feels like something is in the back of my throat constantly. My head was all fucked up Monday/Tuesday. Had my bike lights stolen on Tuesday. 3 day workshop Tuesday-Thursday that I've had to get up early for. Got a puncture in my back wheel today so I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow to (hopefully) fix it.

This week has been a bad massage. I need a happy ending.

I don't understand people sometimes. It seems everytime my friends are going out I'm never directly told about it. I always have to find out myself. Tonight, for example, myself and some others had a night-out planned but I've just found out they've already left because I never texted them. You'd think they could mention they were leaving.

I'm really tired about this. I know it's not because some people secretly hate me or something -- we're close & all like each other. It feels so inconsiderate & rude.

Sometimes it feels like people think I'm a pushover and can step all over me. I'm also conscious with my age as my friends are always older than me. I'm baby-ed. I'm so tired of everyone not treating me well. I feel abandoned. Bleurgh.

Seem to have a massive virus or something. Been throwing up the last 36 hours near nonstop to the point of throwing up bile. Only now have I had the energy to even get out of bed.

FML

Seems to be a thing going around. My parents both had it last week, then yesterday I was woken up at four by an emergency call to the bathroom. Initially I thought it was just too much/bad pizza, but then I spent the next 11 hours in constant transit between the sofa and the bathroom while feeling absolutely dreadful. The rest of the day I was sore and had a fever, but today I'm mostly just knackered and have a sore throat. Complete waste of a good Saturday. :/ Though my parents did come to visit me and take care of me a bit, so that was nice. :heh:

Seem to have a massive virus or something. Been throwing up the last 36 hours near nonstop to the point of throwing up bile. Only now have I had the energy to even get out of bed.

FML

Seems to be a thing going around. My parents both had it last week, then yesterday I was woken up at four by an emergency call to the bathroom. Initially I thought it was just too much/bad pizza, but then I spent the next 11 hours in constant transit between the sofa and the bathroom while feeling absolutely dreadful. The rest of the day I was sore and had a fever, but today I'm mostly just knackered and have a sore throat. Complete waste of a good Saturday. :/ Though my parents did come to visit me and take care of me a bit, so that was nice. :heh:

I think you both may have something known as 'Norovirus' as your symtoms sounds exactly the same as mine when I was ill over Christmas just over a year ago, if it is then I wish you both a speedy recovery as I was off work for about a week with it. :/