NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Got an email from the secretary of the psychology department at uni saying that because I'm apparently £207 in debt to the university, they're going to try and dematriculate me. :o

First thing I'd heard about it. Cue massive panic as I'm sending off emails here and there to find out what's going on. There's no reason for me to be in debt to them as my fees are covered as part of my PhD studentship and I've always matriculated on time and haven't used any facilities which would accrue such a debt.

So a bit majorly panicking about it and I'm yet to hear back from the Sales Ledger department who've pushed this thing. I'm hoping it is just an error on their part as there's no reason I should owe them any money at this point at all. They did try and say I hadn't matriculated back in October but after emailing them back about that, they confirmed it was a mistake. If it's anything, that would be it but if it is, then I'm bloody annoyed that they've let it run as far as this to the point they're looking at dematriculating me.

Ahhh, hopefully get it all sorted soon. Definitely not what I needed at the moment with the amount of work I have to do.

if the boss had any sense whatsoever

That's an assumption I imagine doesn't apply in many companies.

Otherwise it's a fair point.

Step dads latest hospital appointment said the cancer is much worse than feared, he know has a 1 in 4 chance of survival. he has to go and stay in hospital for 5 days while they pump him full of 3 different types of chemo, then comes home for two weeks and has to go through it again. if he gets through it and it doesn't come back within two years he'll live for a good few years more, if however it does come back within two years he'll have 6 - 12 months left to live.

It just gets worse and worse each time he fucking goes.

Step dads latest hospital appointment said the cancer is much worse than feared, he know has a 1 in 4 chance of survival. he has to go and stay in hospital for 5 days while they pump him full of 3 different types of chemo, then comes home for two weeks and has to go through it again. if he gets through it and it doesn't come back within two years he'll live for a good few years more, if however it does come back within two years he'll have 6 - 12 months left to live.

It just gets worse and worse each time he fucking goes.

I'm sorry man, it really is the worst thing in the world.

I'm really sorry to hear that @bryanee :( I hope things improve as much as they can for your Step Dad, it must be a terrible time for him and you all right now.

I hope some good news comes for you all soon and that he manages to make a recovery.

Got an email from the secretary of the psychology department at uni saying that because I'm apparently £207 in debt to the university, they're going to try and dematriculate me. :o

First thing I'd heard about it. Cue massive panic as I'm sending off emails here and there to find out what's going on. There's no reason for me to be in debt to them as my fees are covered as part of my PhD studentship and I've always matriculated on time and haven't used any facilities which would accrue such a debt.

So a bit majorly panicking about it and I'm yet to hear back from the Sales Ledger department who've pushed this thing. I'm hoping it is just an error on their part as there's no reason I should owe them any money at this point at all. They did try and say I hadn't matriculated back in October but after emailing them back about that, they confirmed it was a mistake. If it's anything, that would be it but if it is, then I'm bloody annoyed that they've let it run as far as this to the point they're looking at dematriculating me.

Ahhh, hopefully get it all sorted soon. Definitely not what I needed at the moment with the amount of work I have to do.

Why email? If it's so urgent pick up the phone. Actually even if it isn't urgent pick up the phone, it's such a superior method of communication. You get an instant response and with email you don't even know if they've picked it up or not.

Hey look at this guy with his 'phones'. 1989 called! They want their method of communication back!

Well they would have called, but I didn't pick up. I ain't no phone loser.

Why email? If it's so urgent pick up the phone. Actually even if it isn't urgent pick up the phone, it's such a superior method of communication. You get an instant response and with email you don't even know if they've picked it up or not.

In fairness it's easier on them if you email (they can do a proper check). Plus read receipts are a thing :p

In fairness it's easier on them if you email (they can do a proper check). Plus read receipts are a thing :p

Read receipts just annoy people. I will respond to your email when I want to and I don't want someone to know I've read their email but not dealt with it.

Phoning gives you an instant response and you can at least find out that the person is going to do something about it. With email you just need to wait.

Yep, I have never in my life responded to a read receipt and never will.

Current situation:

I share a flat with two ladies.

One of them is in a relationship with a guy who practically lives here. This lady (Lady A) just texted the other one (Lady B): "I don't want you living with us anymore." (for some reasons I don't want to mention. Nothing too serious, to be honest)

Lady B then called me, asking whether I share the same view. I said no. I also agreed that it's a bit weird that that guy lives here without paying anything.

Lady B then texted Lady A exactly that.

Now Lady A is pissed at me because she thinks I want her and her boyfriend out.

She also doesn't want to talk to me or listen to what I have to say.

Women...should've known I'll end up in any kind of crossfire :indeed:

Well, when they both calm down a bit I'll try to start a conversation.

Tell Lady A you do want her out, for the lulz.

If the guy spends most of his time there (and sleeps over a lot) then maybe he should think about paying his way?

Tell Lady A you do want her out, for the lulz.

If the guy spends most of his time there (and sleeps over a lot) then maybe he should think about paying his way?

:laughing: Even though I can sometimes be a real asshole, I will not just do it for the lulz :D

I agree with that and it's something I wanted to bring up with Lady A, however I have had a lot of shit going in the past few months which blocked this particular issue out.

Anyway, as I've said. I'll let things cool down - and I hope they will do as well - and then make them discuss this shit.

Made myself quite sad today when trying to figure out my annual leave for this year, and realising I might only be able to see my family in April (tickets already booked) and for Christmas.

My sister's baby will be over half a year already by the time I see them in Christmas, and probably a year when I see them again after that. =(

Also, trying to figure out how to get my Belgian ID card renewed and it is such a painnnnnn. Why can't they make this easier and use words that normal people can understand? Urghhhh.

Also, trying to figure out how to get my Belgian ID card renewed and it is such a painnnnnn. Why can't they make this easier and use words that normal people can understand? Urghhhh.

It's called Dutch. Surely you can't have forgotten it already?

He's been on tablets for his heart for years and whilst I knew it would eventually start to effect him, I kinda just ignored it. Anyway went to the vets for Banjos check up and the vet said everything is fine but "this is when he'll start to deteriorate and it will start slow but eventually snowball"

I started to feel really upset and its stupid because he's technically doing well considering his condition (he just turned 8!) AND the vet said he's fine atm but I can't imagine life without little Banjo and he's still so puppy like I kinda just... Saw him as immortal :p

I'll put a pin in it for now, it was just the first time I ever considered he could be on the decline and he's always been the one thing to keep me sane