NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Somehow annoyed with myself cause I just made a stupid mistake and got punished for it in this MMO browser game called Ogame.

I know it's only a game but I was so damn proud at the fact that it's quite rare for anyone to attack me cause I'm so unprofitable for a long time... until today I forgot to adjusts the cargo capacity to match the currently mine production after I improved the mines. So I lost around 7KK deuterium to this useless high rank player and around 80K points in the high-score. At least my armada are safe for now. :/

He's been on tablets for his heart for years and whilst I knew it would eventually start to effect him, I kinda just ignored it. Anyway went to the vets for Banjos check up and the vet said everything is fine but "this is when he'll start to deteriorate and it will start slow but eventually snowball"

I started to feel really upset and its stupid because he's technically doing well considering his condition (he just turned 8!) AND the vet said he's fine atm but I can't imagine life without little Banjo and he's still so puppy like I kinda just... Saw him as immortal :p

I'll put a pin in it for now, it was just the first time I ever considered he could be on the decline and he's always been the one thing to keep me sane

That pug is so damn cute. More videos are needed! :p

Current situation:

I share a flat with two ladies.

One of them is in a relationship with a guy who practically lives here. This lady (Lady A) just texted the other one (Lady B): "I don't want you living with us anymore." (for some reasons I don't want to mention. Nothing too serious, to be honest)

Lady B then called me, asking whether I share the same view. I said no. I also agreed that it's a bit weird that that guy lives here without paying anything.

Lady B then texted Lady A exactly that.

Now Lady A is pissed at me because she thinks I want her and her boyfriend out.

She also doesn't want to talk to me or listen to what I have to say.

Women...should've known I'll end up in any kind of crossfire :indeed:

Well, when they both calm down a bit I'll try to start a conversation.

Just say "Ladies, ladies...there's plenty of me to go around...there's only one way to settle this..." strip off and tell them they can stay if there's a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets! :p

Just say "Ladies, ladies...there's plenty of me to go around...there's only one way to settle this..." strip off and tell them they can stay if there's a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets! :p

:laughing: Well...no :D

One Lady will move out next month and the other one will move out in May.

Amazing, right? It's also pretty cool to get that information via What'sApp on a Sunday morning. :blank:

Anyway, already found a guy for one room. He just needs to say yes, and he'll move in come April.

Lost my Uncle yesterday.

Finding it really difficult to deal with it...he was an unbelievable man..the type of guy that everyone loved.

He had just hit 60 and had retired when he got skin cancer. Turns out it had spread to his lungs and within 6-8 weeks he went from fighting fit to passing away. I saw him just two weeks ago after his skin cancer was removed and he had just started going for his daily walks again. We were aware that he may have ung cancer but within 2 weeks it got so aggressive that he could barely breath. This, coupled with an infection that he got on Monday, basically gave him no chance. The doctors said that he was developing holes in his lungs and..yeh :(

What made the whole thing even more difficult was that my cousin (his son) had just moved the Abu Dhabi for a new job, and the cancer was only spotted once he had left. As he's still in the process of getting a VISA he didn't have access to his passport and they wouldn't let him out of the country. By some piece of luck he was able to get an emergency passport on Thursday night and he was able to book a seat on the final plane leaving for England. He arrived at the hospital at 10:30am on Friday...my Uncle passed away at 11am, on the dot. I'd like to think he was waiting for his son to get back. In the end, my Uncle was so high on morphine that he could barely recognise those in the room but I just know he knew that his family were around him.

It's going to be a tough few days..when Asian families mourn death, it's really intense. It looks as though the funeral will be on Saturday, which means that on Friday the men from the family will wash his body before he gets cremated. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to that but I guess I just need to keep strong for my cousin's sake.

R.I.P Mamaji :(

I'm sorry to hear that Goron_3. :(

Lost my Uncle yesterday.

Finding it really difficult to deal with it...he was an unbelievable man..the type of guy that everyone loved.

He had just hit 60 and had retired when he got skin cancer. Turns out it had spread to his lungs and within 6-8 weeks he went from fighting fit to passing away. I saw him just two weeks ago after his skin cancer was removed and he had just started going for his daily walks again. We were aware that he may have ung cancer but within 2 weeks it got so aggressive that he could barely breath. This, coupled with an infection that he got on Monday, basically gave him no chance. The doctors said that he was developing holes in his lungs and..yeh :(

What made the whole thing even more difficult was that my cousin (his son) had just moved the Abu Dhabi for a new job, and the cancer was only spotted once he had left. As he's still in the process of getting a VISA he didn't have access to his passport and they wouldn't let him out of the country. By some piece of luck he was able to get an emergency passport on Thursday night and he was able to book a seat on the final plane leaving for England. He arrived at the hospital at 10:30am on Friday...my Uncle passed away at 11am, on the dot. I'd like to think he was waiting for his son to get back. In the end, my Uncle was so high on morphine that he could barely recognise those in the room but I just know he knew that his family were around him.

It's going to be a tough few days..when Asian families mourn death, it's really intense. It looks as though the funeral will be on Saturday, which means that on Friday the men from the family will wash his body before he gets cremated. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to that but I guess I just need to keep strong for my cousin's sake.

R.I.P Mamaji :(

Sorry for your loss man. Hope you know that your friends are here for you.

Hope your cousin's okay too, can't imagine what kind of ordeal he's had to get through. It does make me worry that I may be far away when one of my friends or family members dies.

Try to stay strong on Friday.

Two exams left this semester.

One tomorrow which I could pass.

And the last one on Friday...no way I will pass this. I've pretty much given up on it this year. Physical Chemistry. I hate it. :shakehead

I'll go through all my stuff for that, try to memorize as much as I can, but I won't get my hopes up. I'll resit in a year and will prepare much more for it.

Edit: Just decided to get a sick note for Friday. It's just no use. After 7 exams I'm a bit exhausted. Physical Chemistry can wait until next year.

Anyway, there's a good thing: The semester will be over and it is already more successful than the last (I failed 5 out of 6 exams; this semester - if I pass the one tomorrow - I'll have passed 7 out of 8).

And the weekend will be awesome: sauna and relaxing with my girlfriend. :)

Edited by drahkon

An old friend died yesterday

Haven't seen her for a couple of years...one of those cases where when they start a family they disappear for most friends, which sucked.

It's a bit of a shock, as it was so sudden. One of my best friends was engaged to her for a while and he's not handling it well, going to be there for him as much as possible.

That's horrible Serebii, what did she die of?

They're unsure. She just started choking in sleep and we have no idea why

Sorry to hear that @Serebii... :(

I hope you can stay strong for yourself and for your friend, it sounds like he's going to need your support.

Sorry to hear that @Serebii... :(

I hope you can stay strong for yourself and for your friend, it sounds like he's going to need your support.

Very much so, yeah.

I managed to wrangle up a meet-up this evening with ourfriends, some of whom are always such a pain to get time to meet up.

One of my cats has been missing since 9th April... was hoping he'd just got stuck in a garage/shed. Unfortunately we had a phone call from the vets this morning to say that he'd been hit by a car and sadly passed away before whoever found him could get him to the vets :( We hadn't found out sooner because he wasn't microchipped, and we hadn't asked the vets yet as we'd hoped he'd come home on his own :(

Absolutely heartbroken.

I'm sorry to hear that @Mr\-Paul :( I know how it feels to lose a cat to the road, it's bad enough when they pass normally but when it's through an act of brutality - even if it was an accident - it just seems to be that much worse.

My condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear that @Mr\-Paul :(

I got into another accident today. Woman rammed into the back of my car.

I just can't deal with this shit anymore. I don't want to drive again, 5 months and two accidents and my car might be a write off. I was a month from affording a new one. 4 fucking weeks.

Thank you for your kind condolences.

I know I should be thankful I still have my two other cats, but it'll never be the same again :( One of them is his brother, and it just hurts so much that I'll never see them snuggled up in a box that they barely fit in together again. He was such a happy little cat, only just 10 years old so had plenty of life ahead of him :( Only had one pet die before, the cat we had before getting these three, that was of old age but he'd been with us ever since I was born. Forgot how much it hurt :(

Sorry to hear that @Mr\-Paul :(

I got into another accident today. Woman rammed into the back of my car.

I just can't deal with this shit anymore. I don't want to drive again, 5 months and two accidents and my car might be a write off. I was a month from affording a new one. 4 fucking weeks.

On the plus side, won't you get more for your car if the insurance company write the car off than if you part exchanged it?

Just make sure you haggle on the price. When my old car was stolen, they offered me £700. I said it wasn't enough, since the car was maybe worth that, but I had declared the modifications that were worth much more. They rang back within half hour and offered £1200, which was more reasonable.

On the plus side, won't you get more for your car if the insurance company write the car off than if you part exchanged it?

Just make sure you haggle on the price. When my old car was stolen, they offered me £700. I said it wasn't enough, since the car was maybe worth that, but I had declared the modifications that were worth much more. They rang back within half hour and offered £1200, which was more reasonable.

Not currently, part exchange is about £500 more.

Well actually no that's a lie. In it's current state it's worth practically nothing to part exchange as the boot won't properly shut if it gets opened as the whole back end has been misaligned and is falling off.

We have considered it - that is me and my parents, because I've had to ask them nicely if they'll help me grab a loan to get a new car if it comes to it, as the write off won't even help me get close to a new car (well used but new for me).

We shall see. Last night was not the best night sleep, the accident was scary and I've no wish to repeat being shunted into a busy roundabout again.

:(

I may very well be the biggest jackass I know.

Won't elaborate on that for now. Need to think about myself before I can say anything about that.

Not currently, part exchange is about £500 more.

I would definitely dispute the payout quote. They need to pay out at amount that would allow you to replace the car. If the price the part ex place was willing to pay is £500 more before they've even added on their profit, there's no way you could replace the car with the current offer from the insurance company.