Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Good man Gavin. What course and what college are you going for?

Thanks Diageo!

I've applied for European Studies. I can learn a mixture of European languages. I'll (probably) be choosing French & German. Maybe do some Russian, Italian and Swedish on the side. I'm excited about doing the film studies / music / general culture. My entire 3rd year in France too! They also do Spanish & Portuguese but I've never had much of an interest in them. As for college, I've got UL in Limerick down and UCD in Dublin as my top two choices. Whichever one'll take me, I guess.

In my art exam a few years ago I scrawled out and painted a load of boxes under a table, you know what i got for it?...an A

I didn't even have my try hard hat on

i1UEz.gif

Art isn't easy. It's like certain people. It brings you so much pain...but it's worth suffering. I hope my grade goes up when I recheck it. I envy you :(

Bah art, it's seems quite silly to have it marked.

Anyway, got three properties to view tomorrow for Cambridge, one of them wasn't available but the agency has another very similar nearby so I get to see that too, plus I can afford two bedroom properties.

exciting, although driving 6 hours ago, ouch.

Man do I need that atm!

Me too. I'm already in my overdraft for the month and my computer chair broke the other day. It was old and just snapped. I'm totally getting one of those office chairs that are made from a racing seat. I was going to make one out of an old car seat I've got lying around, but I noticed when I was hoovering it that there is signs of mice (chew marks in the foam underneath). I don't want to be chilling and see a mouse emerge from my chair!

Might not hear from me for awhile. Or sporadically. I'm moving up to Carlisle on the Monday! :D Going to be in a class room in just under two months, little kiddies beware!

The internet is shocking up there so i'm 'getting' as many films as possible right now, got 15 so far for the enviable snow days.

This is kind of a bad stuff thread thing, that ended well-ish. So I'm putting it here.

Feel like I'm under unreal amounts of stress right now. Tailbone pain was at its worst since last delivery day too. Spent a good portion of yesterday in bed/physically unable to do everything I have to. Insomnia got worse too. Just settled down to do some accounting for my dad, and put on some bad Korean pop (Heartbeat by 2PM, if anyone's interested). It made me smile.

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Pretty much found my home in Shoreditch (once you batter hipsters out your way).

So. Many. Hipsters. I'm surprised there are so many of them in one place, you'd expect them to shun it for being too mainstream.

East London feels like it could be in a TV show. You'd walk to Hoxton Square, then to Shoreditch High Street, and chances are you'd bump into someone you know, and love the feeling of.
I always love walking through Shoreditch. It feels so different to any part of the country I've been in, like nobody gives a fuck. You do what you want, nobody cares. I love that the most offensive thing that happened there during the riots was that someone dropped a cup of tea in the road.
ALSO, the "beigel" (I love) shop in Brick Lane is my heartland.

I want to move there.

It is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. I cannot stress enough how amazing the beigal shop is. They never ever close, and they're surprisingly cheap for London. The salmon and cream cheese... or the bacon and tomato sauce.. just.. I just want to have a lifetime supply of their bagels/beigals (I believe it's the Jewish spelling?) to consume. The girl I'm seeing (London Girl) lives 90 seconds off Brick Lane. Such a charismatic place.

It's amazing how out of place I feel there when I've come directly from work in my shirt and tie - but again I don't give a shit because nobody else does. I want the rest of the country to be Brick Lane.

When I went to Mauritius in 2008, some of my friend's thought it would be funny to edit Wikipedia about a volcano in Mauritius called Trou Aux Cerfs and add a part to the description saying it was also known as Murr's Volcano. (I'm known as Murr in the outside world as-well as the Internets world!)

well anyways we all laughed an joked about it.

In November this year i'm going to Mauritius again, and thought i'd check the volcano out,

turns out people are starting to actually think the Volcano is known as Murr's Volcano...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trou_aux_Cerfs

54489484.jpg

44862739.jpg

58325173.jpg

I Will most definitely be getting pictures of myself with printed out screenshots of descriptions saying about Murr's Volcano when I go there in a few months

:laughing:

Thanks Diageo!

I've applied for European Studies. I can learn a mixture of European languages. I'll (probably) be choosing French & German. Maybe do some Russian, Italian and Swedish on the side. I'm excited about doing the film studies / music / general culture. My entire 3rd year in France too! They also do Spanish & Portuguese but I've never had much of an interest in them. As for college, I've got UL in Limerick down and UCD in Dublin as my top two choices. Whichever one'll take me, I guess.

i1UEz.gif

Art isn't easy. It's like certain people. It brings you so much pain...but it's worth suffering. I hope my grade goes up when I recheck it. I envy you :(

I used to hate it when people assumed art was easy. Until they're given a project and end up having to do the final piece in a few (very long, laregly sleepless) days they won't understand. Then again, if I organized my time better, I wouldn't have ended up in such situations :p

I used to hate it when people assumed art was easy. Until they're given a project and end up having to do the final piece in a few (very long, laregly sleepless) days they won't understand. Then again, if I organized my time better, I wouldn't have ended up in such situations :p

After four years of studying Computer Science, I now realise that Art is...very easy. I've been helping my sister with her first year Animation homework this year :s I think this largely depends on personal aptitude though.

Art (at school) is/should be easier to do well than you think. All in hindsight of course. I went through all my old sketchbooks from school and then art college last night.

Of course at school you have x number of other subjects to focus on so it's never going to be as good as it could have been. But yeah. It's just like "Why did I do that? Such a product of laziness...".

I got an A in the end so it's fine though.

If you're finding art easy then you're not doing it right.

Fuck, if you're finding anything easy then it's a failure on yourself: do something hard.

Of course it's never truly easy, there was many a Red Bull can involved when I was doing my art Leaving :shakehead I just find it easier to pour my energy into than computer science...there are too many obstacles between me, and full-on productivity (such as lack of mathematical aptitude, among others).

Being so good at something that it becomes effortless isn't a myth. Whether you enjoy and/or pursue it or not is the question.

i dont think art is easy or hard... it's just very time consuming... in my day you had an ENTIRE week of an art exam, rather than 2 x 2hr exams that you did for everything else :p I got a B but I did earn it... and the whole 1st hand study part was a real struggle for me with my complete lack of depth perception :( I missed out on an A because my first hand study was so poo. XD

Like my art teacher always said.... You can pass if you are willing to devote the time to the class. She had a 100% pass mark for 12 years when I studied!

Nah man, I did Art, English, Chemistry and Biology for A Level, and Art was the one I had to drop because it was just too much fucking work. The volume of work and the dedication you need to it is absurd, whereas the others put together weren't as much of a strain on my faculties. Then again, maybe I was approaching it wrong; one kid bought a toilet for his final exam piece, draped some fishnet on it, and called it an homage to Duchamp. Fuck off.