N-Europe

The end of the human race

nightwolf

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would immediately nail gun a zombie to a wall, snap it's arms off attach them to my head and pretend I'm an infected Moose until it all blows over...

...but it won't because it's the zombie apocalypse and so after 2 years of pretending to be a moose I'd actually think I was an actual mutant Moose and become part of the problem and then over time the leader of the infected.

I'd Eventually be brutally speared in the face by my one and only love who is then mauled to death by my zombie army and are motionless bodies just lie there for eternity.

Moose and Lover. :heart:

It will be tragic. It will be beautiful. It will be Coolness Bears.

I've considered this a lot and I've formulated what I think is a fairly decent zombie outbreak survival strategy.

At Z-hour, when it was finally decided the outbreak could no longer be controlled and a state of worldwide emergency was declared, and depending on whether or not I was still alive, I'd round up my surviving friends and family and we'd arm ourselves with household weapons before stealing a decent sized people carrier and head to the nearest Tesco for supplies.

Incase food was contaminated, we'd stock up on whatever we could if the store hadn't been cleaned out already. Stuff like cricket bats and white shirts/red ties to put around our heads, tinned foods, a few recent Blu-ray release.

I wouldn't travel with anyone holding a gun.

Before we left, we'd listen to any plans anyone had and vote on the best course of action. I could well get overruled at this point, but my suggestion would and always will be as follows:

We head north, to Scotland by road. Those who drive take shifts, those who don't keep watch at night. When we reach Scotland, we hold up until clear weather and make by boat to the Shetland Islands hoping the outbreak hasn't reached there.

Shetland is perfect. Isolated from the mainland but reachable if need be. Zombie outbreak would not have likely reached there, and if it had it could probably be controlled. I doubt zombies can swim to Shetland.

I think maybe if birds became infected we could have a problem with them coming to the island. I bet seagulls are everywhere. I need to come up with an idea for them.

We'd set up in the Shetland islands and ensure we were safe, groups of four going back to the mainland every two weeks or when weather permitted to collect supplies. Nobody would be forced to go if they didn't want to. In winter, we'd go heaver handed and more rarely due to the rough sea conditions.

We'd probably having to spread out further into the mainland for food as the years went on. I don't know how long this could last, but I'm convinced this is the best way to survive as long as possible.

Then... we'd keep living. One day at a time. Never forgetting.

This is of course assuming it's a regular zombie outbreak and not some airbourne virus. There are other plans for other outbreaks.

Pretty sure the people of Shetland would have something to say about that. You talk about it as if its free to be claimed by whoever decides to go.

Fuck yeah, I've thought about this a lot. Since watching the first Night of the Living Dead film.

I'm not an overly violent person. But, I wouldn't let an army of sissy zombies stand in my way of life. I'd attack them with books if I needed to. Throw them at the buggers.

The important thing is to always have a way to escape. If you walk into a room, look for the exits. If you're on a street, look at where the roads lead off to. Also, know when to run and when to fight. I'd also probably look for some of my friends, or family. Especially my brother, as he's quite a biggish lad. He would come useful in the war on zombies. Strength in numbers.

We would need a vehicle of some sort, to move about in. I have a car, so I'd take that. But realistically we'd need a few more, or maybe a BUS!

I'm getting carried away here.

Pretty sure the people of Shetland would have something to say about that. You talk about it as if its free to be claimed by whoever decides to go.

Well, we'd be no trouble. I'd gladly bring back food for them as well.

Actually, I never took them into account. They're very likely to barricade the island to outsiders immediately. Major flaw in my plan. Rethink required.

The important thing is to always have a way to escape. If you walk into a room, look for the exits. If you're on a street, look at where the roads lead off to. Also, know when to run and when to fight.

I do this anyway, but only because my mother taught me to from a young age because I'm supposed to save the future or some shit ::shrug:

having played Resi Evil too much and watched too many zombie related movies I've thought about this a fair bit.

In fact I have two very real very sharp swords under my bed in preperation for such an event. Of course I'd try and find some gun supplies and keep any encounters at a distance but bullets are limited so you need a good sword for when ammo is gone and close combat begins.

Well, we'd be no trouble. I'd gladly bring back food for them as well.

Actually, I never took them into account. They're very likely to barricade the island to outsiders immediately. Major flaw in my plan. Rethink required.

Indeed. ~~~~~~

Zombies can't swim, but let's take the classical zombie idea and suggest they don't have to breathe either, so they can sink and walk along the sea-bed until they get to ya! A small lake-island wouldn't work in this scenario.

In school we used to fantasize about heading to brighton pier, lopping off the end of it and surviving there for a while, making a boat out of the planks then cruising to the marina and getting an oil tanker and living on that. It was kinda well thought-out, to the extent where we'd deck out the tanker with a layer of soil and have plants growing to feed us, but then not-at-all because... well, loads of people would think of doing that too.

I like thinking about this topic more than I do writing about it at the mo, though!

having played Resi Evil too much and watched too many zombie related movies I've thought about this a fair bit.

In fact I have two very real very sharp swords under my bed in preperation for such an event. Of course I'd try and find some gun supplies and keep any encounters at a distance but bullets are limited so you need a good sword for when ammo is gone and close combat begins.

The problem about swords is that cutting the zombies will put you at great risk of getting zombie blood inside your system, which, depending on the type of infection, could very well cause you to tranform. Close combat is always more risky, so I'd pick bludgeoning weapons instead. The anatomy of a zombie is bound to be frail, so excessive strength should not be needed.

Zombies can't swim, but let's take the classical zombie idea and suggest they don't have to breathe either, so they can sink and walk along the sea-bed until they get to ya! A small lake-island wouldn't work in this scenario.

In school we used to fantasize about heading to brighton pier, lopping off the end of it and surviving there for a while, making a boat out of the planks then cruising to the marina and getting an oil tanker and living on that. It was kinda well thought-out, to the extent where we'd deck out the tanker with a layer of soil and have plants growing to feed us, but then not-at-all because... well, loads of people would think of doing that too.

I like thinking about this topic more than I do writing about it at the mo, though!

I had a feeling you'd comment eventually! I recall that weird film about a baby in a blender, creepy.

I'm kinda glad other people put quite a bit of thought into these things as I have. Although I've found my parents home would be useless against zombies, too much glass, doors etc. My uni home is perfect, if I take out the stairs (it's a flat) and use the window in andys bedroom to get onto the room it's great (although I'd have to make sure my neighbours didn't try to get through, but thats what weapons are for.)

I would personally say eventually I'd have to find a gun store, I'm sure I could find one somewhere in england.

Brainddead, that was! Didn't you fall asleep watching it?

Yeah we must've gone over the zombie plan for our flat - we had a hidden entrance, but 3 doorways to get to our place, with two flights of metal stairs that could be removed, then it'd be a precarious climb onto our roof (easier if we attempted from an upstairs flat, I assume), then hunting around the neighbouring houses, with the ultimate plan of hooking up a zip-line to costcutters over the road :P

After watching Threads I even began picturing how we'd've survived a nuke. It wasn't pretty. In both nuke and zombie scenario you can't rely on good water, particular the former, so as soon as zombies hit it's a case of trying to find as many water containers to stock up on.

We had this thread before didn't we, and someone was making the point that 'no, you shouldn't shoot them or slice them up because as soon as you get Zombie blood on you you could get the germs, but your hands in your mouth and get infected and die and it wouldn't be very clever and wah wah wah I've thought about it too much.

I'd imagine a zombie apocalypse to be kinda awesome. You'd be scared in a kinda 'cool' way. Surviving would bring a real sense of achievement.

I don't know what the most obvious thing to do would be. I'd probably stay in the house the first day and be content that my fort creation abilities had usefulness irl endangerment situations. Then I guess it would be a family thing - check the news, try and save the family, join the communal shelter wherever it may be. Although that might be dodgy.

If not, I'll just by a load of plants, mainly Ice Peas.

We had this thread before didn't we, and someone was making the point that 'no, you shouldn't shoot them or slice them up because as soon as you get Zombie blood on you you could get the germs, but your hands in your mouth and get infected and die and it wouldn't be very clever and wah wah wah I've thought about it too much.

It's not a dead cert that if you get the blood into your system that you'll die. In the very first Night of the Living Dead film, there were numerous characters who were re-animated after death without ever getting zombie blood on them. One character has his head crushed on a tombstone, another is shot. Both are re-animated.

However, one of the character is bitten, then dies before turning into a zombie/ghoul. Hmm, so it's a bit of a mystery really. It depends which material you're sourcing. A zombie itself is a re-animated corpse. Yet, the creatures in something like 28DaysLater are not zombies, they are infected. So, which leads me to believe that if you were "infected with the blood" you would turn into something other than a zombie.

Unless you died from the infection and THEN became the zombie.

STFU Jim.

I'd need to watch NOTLD again, but iirc the zombies in that are literally the rising dead, so there is no infection whatsoever, just dead people rising again. Referring to zombi/zombie island, I think the cause is voodoo rather than infection, as if one spell is affecting a certain area where any dead bodies there will rise again -- kinda made clear when those conquisitadors, practically skeletons, get up and roam around.

The idea in many early zombie movies was to try and suggest, rather straight-forwardly, that the whatever-stage of the apocalypse had begun. Subsequent films, particularly in the last decade or two, prey off of the growing human fear of contracting disease, for example since the BSE scare and subsequent foot n' mouth, pig, bird, etc flu stuff.

I guess there's just less acceptable magic in movies these days!

I'd still go there, though. Safest bet if you ask me. Failing that, Jersey. Jersey is better than Shetland anyway. More trees.

Hmmm, you've got sort of the same idea as me, except I'd head for Iceland. Low population, geothermal power, fresh glacial water.

I seem to remember in NOTLD that there was some hinting at the cause being some form of radiation from space, but then what I loved about the Romero films is that they never really wasted time with explanations. The point was that it just happened now you have to deal with it.

Also, shovel-best zombie weapon ever. You've got blunt force plus slicing action and a good range.

I'd follow the majority of the rules from Zombie Land if i'm honest.

The double tap is brilliant!

but it's not something i've ever thought of, i've thought about how i'd survive if the world was post apocalptic like Fallout Style.... but not zombie infested.

I much prefer an alien invasion ending the world than Zombies. The idea of Will Smith flying a jet and yelling all sorts of stuff like "YOU DID NOT SHOOT THAT GREEN SHIT AT ME!!!" And so on would be pretty epic. It'd end badly because there's no way you can upload a virus from a mac to a fucking huge ass mothership!

Brainddead, that was! Didn't you fall asleep watching it?

Yeah we must've gone over the zombie plan for our flat - we had a hidden entrance, but 3 doorways to get to our place, with two flights of metal stairs that could be removed, then it'd be a precarious climb onto our roof (easier if we attempted from an upstairs flat, I assume), then hunting around the neighbouring houses, with the ultimate plan of hooking up a zip-line to costcutters over the road :P

After watching Threads I even began picturing how we'd've survived a nuke. It wasn't pretty. In both nuke and zombie scenario you can't rely on good water, particular the former, so as soon as zombies hit it's a case of trying to find as many water containers to stock up on.

It was anna remember, because we complained that she pestered us to watch it and then fell asleep - I was personally too horrified to fall asleep.

I remember everyone half discussing running to yourself flat because it had so many doors to get through, then saying about the glass and stuff.

What about escaping to live on an off shore oil rig.

You just have to gather a ton of supplies and stay there. If the Zombies do float in your general direction or get a boat, you can escape via helicopter.

A remote lighthouse might work as well.

I'm not a fan of the whole clear out an apartment complex of big building idea-cause they have a lot of corners zombies could hide behind and they always break in via one of the many exits and then your screwed.