N-Europe

Hanging up the Admin boots

Platty

Lovely people of N-E.

I've decided to hang up my Admin boots. Long overdue really in all fairness. For a year or more I've not really contributed to the site as an Admin and left it all to Ashley and Shorteh.

This is mainly due to getting older and my "real" life taking priorities. Work, Girlfriend and the outside world.

A little bit of history for those who don't know me too well;

I've been part of the wonderful community here for 10 years. I started as a lurker in the days of N64europe before finally joining the forums to chat about the new Nintendo console named Dolphin (later renamed Gamecube of course).This was all back in the xsorbit forum days, ah the memories.

During my college years I spent most of my life on the forums and met a lot of different characters and friends. I soon became a mod of gen chit chat and swiftly took power of most of the other boards too. I also become part of the C-E elite (hahah who remembers that? :D).

I done various work for the main site, Mainly representing C-E at Nintendo parties due to being old enough to do so. This was awesome as I got to meet a lot of people in the media and got lots of free stuff!

I became an Admin when there were big changes happening not only with the main site but to the forums aswell. The creators and Gods leaving us, the site being sold etc etc

I quickly assembled a new team and kept the forums running. I worked very hard on the change over to vBulletin and created a lot of what we have here now before my techie abilities failed me and Ashley picked up the pieces and still continues to sort out and implement forum changes.

Of course it's not all been plain sailing throughout my time as Admin. There has been quite a few attacks on the forums and lots of issues and nasty members to deal with. But overall I've enjoyed it and I'm very grateful to be part of the community.

I'm still gonna be here and visit on a regular basis like I always do but I feel we should have Admins who are more active and prolific in carrying out Admin tasks. I no longer do this so no longer deserve the red name.

I'm rambiling a bit now so I would just like finish this post by saying that we have built an amazing online community over the years which has only been possible because of you, the members. So keep it up N-E!

Cheers for reading.

Admin Platty signing off :kiss:

Edited by Platty

Ah, dude! It's been a pleasure to have you around, you've always done right by N-E (R-E, C-E, etc, etc.. :D) as far as I know and it is just bizarre seeing your name in black instead of red! But 10 years is a long haul so can totally understand the decision. Are you doing something similar at a larger website or have you just run out of time to carry out "admin duties" here?

Either way glad to see you'll be hanging around as you're a decent guy (who shares a lot of my music tastes too which is always handy :D) who's good to share a few posts with now and then. Good luck to ye!

Cheers guys.

Are you doing something similar at a larger website or have you just run out of time to carry out "admin duties" here?

No other websites, just don't have the time anymore and haven't for while really.

So, are we to take this as confirmation that you'll be taking up a full-time position as an Alan Shearer doppelgänger?

Hahaha very good. Flinky will be proud of you. :)

Edited by Platty

I remember making you a blink-related sig or two back in the day. You were always "that guy much older than us" and now I'm here posting older than you were back then, and it all seems so weird! I'm proud to be able to say I know the boards you speak of when you speak of the olden days (didn't aimless design the old c-e elite logo for us, or is that my complete imagination?), and I hope you'll not slowly dissapear into the fog like a lot of the oldies!

You have joined a very special list of ex-admin *ahem*.. :P

Ahh, totally understand your reasoning, wondered if it would eventually happen sometime too. I hope you stay around though, it's nice to see your posts pop up in a thread, and of course...saaf eest represent! Really hope you manage to stay around man! Thanks for all you've done(and the other admins) to help bring the forums to what they are now :)

While I haven't been here for that long (nor that frequently), I've always felt like you were a legend. Like the guy who was here before I even heard of Cube-Europe (which I only visited occasionally for news at the time).

Obviously, the Obi-Wan avatar helped :heh:

And to see you in a black name is, indeed, unnatural. Like casually seeing a former president on the street.