N-Europe

The Avengers

Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to that 10-disc "Phase One" Boxset collection? Are we gonna get that over here?

4ffc6e2b7f5da.jpeg

Gods damnit I want that Cosmic Cube!!!!!!! :heh:

Was just checking Amazon.co.uk and all they have is this 6-disc collection boxset

51f1RTDpM3L.jpg

And reading the details it seems odd that under "Special Features" there is nothing listed for special features on the Thor disc? Which would mean no "The Consultant" Marvel One-Shot :mad:

And no mention of a Directors Cut on the Avengers Assemble disc :cry:

Why are we not getting the awesome containment case disc holder :cry:

Edited by Mokong

The standard Blu-Ray doesn't even mention the director's cut.

Also, I would think that the films will be the exact same disc as the basic releases, with the same basic features.

Edit: I don't think there is a director's cut..

Edited by Cube

• 2 weeks later...

Collection Box-Set Delayed

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/08/marvel-phase-one-blu-ray-box-set-delayed

Fans might need to wait a little longer for the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Blu-ray box set to arrive. As it turns out, the nifty case that houses the 6-film, 10-disc set (and the glowing tesseract) isn't just a prop made by the studio, but is actually a copyrighted case design crafted by the German luggage company Rimowa BhmbH. According to a recently filed lawsuit, Marvel allegedly didn't get proper permission to release a replica version.

[uPDATE] According to Amazon, "The Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available."

Disney also released the following statement, "We are sorry to inform you that there will be a delay in the availability of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled Collection. Originally, the Collection was to be available on September 25, 2012, but unfortunately we are now unable to make that date. We are currently working with Marvel to identify the exact date when the Collection will be available, but we expect it to be during Spring, 2013.

The Collection will come in a new briefcase and include even more than the content and features that were first advertised. We know that you are disappointed in this delay, and we are working hard to get your Collection to you as soon as possible. We will have an updated announcement for you in the coming weeks which will include actual timing and final details. Once again, we apologize for the delay and hope that when you do receive the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled Collection, you will enjoy it as much as Marvel enjoyed creating it."

So, looks like fans will have to wait half a year until they can get their hands on this amazing set, but the trade-off is more bonus features.

this is why i find copyright pathetic sometimes, as its quite obvious that isn't an actual suitcase or could be used as one, its a DVD/Blueray case, but the Briefcase makers kick up a fuss and cause issues

And after all that it seems they won't get anything anyway as marvel are just changing the design, they could have been all amicable and gone "oh you for got permission that's okay we can work out a small arrangement, a percentage of the sales? a product placement in the next film", but no

don't know if i'll wait 6 months now

By your logic, it'd be fine if a company released a DVD case shaped like, say, the Companion Cube without the permission of Valve. :p

It's just a generic suitcase to us, but they probably paid someone good money to design it!

:cry: stop picking on me! i'm an old fool who likes NCIS thats all! is that so bad? ;p

I'm sure they did but it still irks me ::shrug:

i just think a more common sense approach should be taken sometimes, copyright in the instance of the briefcase is to stop people making counterfeit versions, i'm sure when people copy right something like that they aren't thinking "oh i best copyright this in case anyone wants to make a cake/toy/vibrator* that resembles it"

Using it as a dvd case hardly impacts their business, in fact its basically free advertising by a hugely popular franchise, i fail to see the downside using a common sense approach

but common sense doesn't work with this sort of thing, otherwise apple wouldn't be trying to take ownership of the letter i and its usage

* i wanted waky examples and that poped in my head, then the image of someone trying to use it, simple things for simple minds eh?

In this case I think the copyright thing is pretty valid as the box is specifically designed to look exactly like Rimowa's product, but with none of their branding.

It was likely down to someone forgetting to send an email somewhere on Marvel's part, and Rimowa being offended because Marvel didn't ask.

(And no, that wasn't intentional)

Just found you can curently Pre-Order the Blu-Ray at sainsburysentertainment.co.uk for £11.69 if you discount code: SETENS12R

You also get this exclusive sleeve, which I think I actually prefer...

ProductImage-7469663.jpg

... the only thing holding me back is... do you think it says that Sainsbury's promotional message on the actual boxart or just a sticker?

EDIT: Also, it's annoying there's no Double/Triple play edition!... I like knowing I have the choice.

Edited by Retro_Link

That Sainsbury's thing says 90 minutes exclusive content.

Might buy that and the normal 3D one, considering no one is offering specials on that.

Buy the normal 3D one and the American version, as you're still missing out on most bonus features with the Sainsbury's one.

Edited by Cube

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!