Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Retro_Link

How fecking amazing does the silhouette level look!!! I hope there are plenty of them and not just 1. In fact I'd love a whole game made like that, with stunning colourful backdrops.

(oh and the rest of the game looks stunning too of course, never got into DK, until now! Same with Kirby and Metroid)

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're on the topic, I assume you guys have heard Kong in Concert, right? For those who haven't, it's a re-imagining of the DKC soundtrack. It's really worth a listen, it makes the nostalgia come flooding back. David Wise even gave it the thumbs up.

http://dkcproject.ocremix.org/

Track 19: Re-Skewed is a remix of the "DK rescued" ending theme, and is made by Dave Wise, Grant Kirkhope and Robin Beanland. Doesn't get any better than that...

Track 19: Re-Skewed is a remix of the "DK rescued" ending theme, and is made by Dave Wise, Grant Kirkhope and Robin Beanland. Doesn't get any better than that...

That's actually track 19 from the album SERIOUS MONKEY BUSINESS; which holds remixes from Donkey Kong Country 2.

KONG IN CONCERT holds remixes from Donkey Kong Country and has the masterpieces 'Beneath the surface' (Aquatic Ambiance) and 'Mine Cart Misadventure' (Mine Cart Madness)

While we're on the topic, I assume you guys have heard Kong in Concert, right? For those who haven't, it's a re-imagining of the DKC soundtrack. It's really worth a listen, it makes the nostalgia come flooding back. David Wise even gave it the thumbs up.

http://dkcproject.ocremix.org/

Also this from the Nintendo theme of Symphonic Legends concert;

Being a huge fan of the original Country games and being (what I can imagine to be one of the only) Rare fanboys I'm wary that this will stray too far from the originals. I'm already cynical about the new Rambi look, not to mention the lack of Kremlins.

If music from the original games is featured though, then colour me excited. Just listening to some of the remixes/orchestral songs on here is getting me all nostalgic!

Being a huge fan of the original Country games and being (what I can imagine to be one of the only) Rare fanboys I'm wary that this will stray too far from the originals. I'm already cynical about the new Rambi look, not to mention the lack of Kremlins.

If music from the original games is featured though, then colour me excited. Just listening to some of the remixes/orchestral songs on here is getting me all nostalgic!

Totally agree. I am worried. I mean I'm sure it will be good, but there are some things that make DKC, DKC.

I also FUCKING hate the name. Wish it was just called DKC4.

This is out on the 3rd December!

Danish source: http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/80360/Donkey+Kong+Country+Returns/

To translate:

It came as a bit of a surprise when we moments ago got a mail from Nintendo stating that Retro Studios' re-imagining of Donkey Kong Country will be ready for Christmas this year here.

It has now been confirmed that it will be put on sale on the 3rd December, and this will probably be a Christmas present for a lot of Wii-owners.

(And then something about Retro Studios' past games.)

Edited by MindFreak

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. They're the only site reporting a Dec. 3rd release for this in Europe. It'd certainly fit with the December release window that is being banded about but as I say, they're the only place citing this release date.

I'm yet to hear from Nintendo myself on this one and I doubt they would simply announce the release date of a single game seeing as NoE still hasn't released their Winter release schedule and any release date for this would no doubt be tucked away in that. And I'd expect that to be released at some point from tomorrow onwards.

I'm not too concerned. If it were any other studio then maybe, but this is Retro Studios we're talking about. They're brilliant developers and I have faith in them.

The name is horrible though.

I think the name is quite clever, like the 'new' in Super Mario Bros. At first I hated the name 'New'. But I suppose it conveys a lot to the public who have fond memories of these titles.

Definately December 3rd 2010 in Europe. I will eat my head if thats not the date. Golden Sun is apparently December 10th.

There was worries a couple of weeks ago that it wouldn't make 2010 in Europe..but a news post on NOE's official site confirms we will get it this year..so it's all good.

What a great Chrimbo game!

Totally agree. I am worried. I mean I'm sure it will be good, but there are some things that make DKC, DKC.

People are stupid as a general rule. The Wii has open its floodgates and its legs to the mass audience and as such I wouldn't be surprised if there were numerous people who would say "Donkey Kong Country 4? I've not played the others so maybe I'll pass" or "Maybe I'll just get the first instead, it'll probably be cheaper now."

People are stupid as a general rule. The Wii has open its floodgates and its legs to the mass audience and as such I wouldn't be surprised if there were numerous people who would say "Donkey Kong Country 4? I've not played the others so maybe I'll pass" or "Maybe I'll just get the first instead, it'll probably be cheaper now."

Exactly! Just like New Super Mario Bros. Plus, sequels that are clearly labelled as such often have a habit of alienating a new audience.

Definately December 3rd 2010 in Europe. I will eat my head if thats not the date. Golden Sun is apparently December 10th.

There was worries a couple of weeks ago that it wouldn't make 2010 in Europe..but a news post on NOE's official site confirms we will get it this year..so it's all good.

My head is safe! December 3rd 2010 confirmed! :D

Yeah, I'm also very skeptical, hence my general lack of posting and excitement in this thread. Glad I'm not the only stalwart of the trilogy thats feeling tentative! The videos I've seen look good and I'll get the game, but the jury is very much out.

Where did you see that date for Golden Sun?

Right now, that and this are my only definite purchases for the rest of the year... though Sonic always has a good chance of creeping in there.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!