Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Kav said:

Does anyone think that the data transfer between systems gives any credence to the rumours of an upcoming Switch Pro?

Maybe, but it could also be for people who bought special edition consoles or just have more than 1 console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kav said:

Does anyone think that the data transfer between systems gives any credence to the rumours of an upcoming Switch Pro?

None at all.  They're just responding to a problem that they created when they blocked certain games from supporting cloud saves.

 

The grand majority of games already allow you to move save files from one Switch to another anyway.  This is just for the handful of games that don't support it (like Pokemon Let's Go and Splatoon 2).

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

This is just for the handful of games that don't support it (like Pokemon Let's Go and Splatoon 2).

Hold the phone! So Splatoon 2 data can be transferred? That's cool then, as I was certain I'd just be losing my save data for it whenever the Switch hardware revisions arrive.

But if they're now allowing this previously unmovable save data to be transferred, why not just enable the cloud backup? ::shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hold the phone! So Splatoon 2 data can be transferred? That's cool then, as I was certain I'd just be losing my save data for it whenever the Switch hardware revisions arrive.

But if they're now allowing this previously unmovable save data to be transferred, why not just enable the cloud backup? ::shrug:

The reason why they don't allow cloud save transfer in the first place is to stop people from cheating by duping their save files and avoiding suffering rank-downs when they lose a match.  Nintendo (stupidly) decided to save that data client-side instead of server-side within the game itself; meaning that people could cheat if cloud-saves were enabled.

 

With the local transfer though? There's no way to duplicate the save data; since it gets lost from the source system during the transfer.  So you can't use it to cheat.

 

The same reasoning was put in place for Pokemon Let's Go as well.  Cloud saves are blocked in order to prevent people from cloning Pokemon.

 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nintendo (stupidly) decided to save that data client-side instead of server-side within the game itself; meaning that people could cheat if cloud-saves were enabled.

Annoying. Hopefully they won't repeat this kind of mistake with any future games at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Annoying. Hopefully they won't repeat this kind of mistake with any future games at least.

I'm sure you can expect this online feature around 2028 😋

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tile list loops now, so you can press left from the first tile to take you to the "All Software" option. You can press right to go to the first tile from there as well.

I'm happy they added the "Wake when disconnected from AC adapter" option. Secret best feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Possible leak of a Switch mini? 

D4Xj9zMU8AEjIWo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Probably fake but a good, possible solution. 

Edited by MindFreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what are everyone's most played games?

y4mXtbuYCx1YXWEGStIKNg_gmX9sRIt1fF5wyr5_

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2019 at 11:17 PM, Ike said:

So what are everyone's most played games?

It's funny how we have Picross in the exact same spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A remake of XIII (originally from the GameCube generation) is coming to Switch amongst others:

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

content-4-35757-xiiibanner.jpg

I thought that the above news was front page worthy given the popularity of XIII back in the days of the GameCube. :D

Cheers for the heads-up @Vileplume2000 I gave you a credit at the bottom of the article and used the video you posted above. :peace:

I'm actually looking forward to playing the single-player campaign properly for the first time on Switch. :)

My brother and I did dabble in the multiplayer a bit as well, pretty decent for what it's worth.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally made the switch! [Click.]

ii7fC31h.jpg

Friend code is 6860-0827-6011, if anyone would like to add me :)

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2019 at 10:17 PM, Ike said:

So what are everyone's most played games?

 

D4hibhbU4AAaIzQ.jpg:large

 

There are a few I've deleted that would otherwise be in there.  I absolutely love Beat-'Em-Up Bundle and my ambition is to get it to the top!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, Ike said:

So what are everyone's most played games?

It's not completely accurate because my account is also on @Dcubed's Switch, but here's mine.

D4iY6bRUUAAe14B.jpg:large

@Ike and me are Fire Emblem Warriors buddies!

It's only a matter of time before Smash gets to the top though.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's not completely accurate because my account is also on @Dcubed's Switch, but here's mine.

[..]

Child of light beats Skyrim and Mario Kart?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Child of light beats Skyrim and Mario Kart?

@Dcubed commented on that too. Over 35 hours. I really like that game. I got bored of Skyrim. Glad I only borrowed it off of @Ugh first aid.

Breath of the Wild is only that high because it takes forever to finish that game. But now I can say it blows without anyone accusing me of not playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

@Dcubed commented on that too. Over 35 hours. I really like that game. I got bored of Skyrim. Glad I only borrowed it off of @Ugh first aid.

Breath of the Wild is only that high because it takes forever to finish that game. But now I can say it blows without anyone accusing me of not playing it.

Yeah but even Mario Kart? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah but even Mario Kart? :p

I believe that's because my account is on @Dcubed's Switch as well.

When he got Mario Kart, I used his Switch and unlocked everything there.
Once cloud saves were a thing, I transferred my data to my Switch, hence the low play time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But how can one spend 35 hours on Child of Light?? It's a 5 hours game, isn't it? Never finished it as I found it very boring outside of battles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

But how can one spend 35 hours on Child of Light?? It's a 5 hours game, isn't it? Never finished it as I found it very boring outside of battles. 

If you go straight to the end, sure. But I went for 100% and some of the stuff is very well hidden.

Also, New Game + is harder than a fresh game.

And then I did both on the harder difficulty.

I really like this game.

Hell, I'll probably do the Single Character self-imposed challenge as well. Not now though, when I have nothing to play.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2019 at 10:17 PM, Ike said:

So what are everyone's most played games?

Here be mine:

ZADvJHw.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will blatantly take the top spot at some point, thanks to Stage Builder. :cool:
Then I reckon the only games with potential to top the list after that will be Super Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing. :hehe:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Here be mine:

ZADvJHw.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will blatantly take the top spot at some point, thanks to Stage Builder. :cool:
Then I reckon the only games with potential to top the list after that will be Super Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing. :hehe:

Wait until Mario Paint comes along. 

  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now