Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

But one of Nintendos biggest problems, is that they release great things like motionplus, and don't use it themselves, so why would 3rd parties (though 3rd parties (i.e. ubisoft) have used it better than they have!)... It will remain 'untapped potential' whether the Wii stays around for a year or 4 years, Zelda will be, on reflection, the ONLY big game that uses the motionplus which is disgraceful.

I just feel the Wii is so far behind currently and unless E3 has some new stuff there isn't loads of stuff, and 3rd parties have as good as given up on it (not including the ones that've been worked on for year - DQX). I say let's have one fantastic year with Zelda, DQ10 and a few others and Wii2 next year to really compete on all levels.

That's where Nintendo need to improve. It's no good creating all these great concepts and ideas, and then not following through with the correct implementation. It would be like me creating an awesome recipe for a cake, and then never actually making it. Its a fucking waste.

Where is my MotionPlus+ Wave Race, Nintendo?! :mad:

Wii Light patent reveals the Nintendo dance party that never was

Although the Nintendo Wii is ideal for many things, it’s essentially useless at a rave. As it turns out, Nintendo intended to correct this massive oversight in 2009 by filing a patent for a Wii Light peripheral, which would have turned everyday Wii games into an LED light show of epic, fist pumping proportions.

Siliconera has turned up a patent filing from two years ago which details plans to create a set-top accessory that wields red, blue and green LED lights to flash up to 256 colours in a variety of patterns and intensities. Had it been produced, the device would have made it possible for developers to incorporate LED feedback into their games, i.e adding red flashes during FPS shootouts, giving extra oomph to music games, or generally enhancing visual cues.

WiiLightFront--article_image.jpg

It seems a bit too late in the Wii's life to roll this out now, but the idea has merit and Nintendo could be keeping this one in its back pocket for a Wii successor.

Super Mario Rave Party for Wii 2? Why not, it's already got the mushrooms.

source - Gamesradar.

wonder what the original idea was for this then?

wonder what the original idea was for this then?

Another step towards smellovision?

----------------------

Here's the Q2 release list for Europe:

wii.png

Nothing really of note but thats a good thing as theres so much to already be playing. The more "dead" the Wii is the better for me so I can attack the backlog.

Nothing really of note but thats a good thing as theres so much to already be playing. The more "dead" the Wii is the better for me so I can attack the backlog.
Yeah, good for the backlog, but I still would've liked to see something that appeals to me on that list. :hmm:

Could've been a great opportunity to release Excitebots for example. But no... :weep:

Oh well, back to MH3 & 3DS I go. :heh:

Nintendo Q2 lineup: Wii Play: Motion, Mystery Case Files Wii

With the June 13 launch of Wii Play: Motion, Wii owners will be twisting, turning and enjoying themselves like never before, whether they’re newcomers to the console or have already discovered the fun of the popular Wii Play game. From catching a gust of wind by tilting an umbrella to fending off garden pests by swinging a mallet, each of the 12 included games will have players smiling wide as they use their Wii Remote Plus controller (or Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus™ accessory) in a variety of interesting, sometimes unexpected ways. Wii Play: Motion comes packaged with a Wii Remote Plus controller – which combines the original Wii Remote controller with the precision of Wii MotionPlus – to deliver great value, precise motion control and immersive social fun that anyone in the household can pick up and instantly enjoy.

Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust brings the intrigue and sleuthing of Big Fish Games’ Mystery Case Files series to the Wii system for the first time. The game transports players to the enigmatic Malgrave Island, where they must hunt for hidden objects and solve puzzles to collect a magically powerful dust scattered across the island. Anyone can delve quickly and easily into the game’s rich seek-and-solve action, using the Wii Remote controller to examine multi-layered hidden-object scenes, locate cleverly concealed items and obtain inventory items that will help to overcome brain-teasing obstacles. Multiplayer features allow players to team up and crack the case together or face off in a competitive hunt for hidden objects. (Additional controllers are required for multiplayer features and are sold separately.) No matter who’s playing, it’ll take sharp eyes and a keen mind to get to the bottom of Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust.

6sdw21.jpg

Rumour that the Wii will be reduced to $150 in May.

I honestly cannot see the Wii lasting too long now. There are still some big titles being developed for it, but I'm somewhat confident in a *peek* at possible future hardware at E3. Sales figures have drastically slowed down for Wii, down roughly 30% compared to sales figures the previous year. Playstation sales are also down, but Xbox sales are up. Although it's not the best indicator as public spending may have been down in general last year, I think the price difference between the Wii and the other 2 consoles will definitely be a negative influence. Let's face it, the Wii is extortionately expensive considering what it is and what it offers in comparison.

But this is all just guess work. I'm probably wrong and Nintendo may have a killer app up their sleeve, but with evidence of third parties jumping ship, they're going to have to do some thing very different this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo Fiscal Call Information

There seems to be a bit of confusion about when Nintendo’s last conference took place and what information was shared at the event. While the news below looks very legitimation, take the details with a grain of salt for now. Only one source has provided details from the conference so far, so it’s difficult to confirm that everything is completely accurate.

- No Kid Icarus: Uprising until after summer

- Nintendo interesting is adding more platforms to the eShop in addition to Game Boy/Game Boy Color

- Excitebike (3D Classic) apparently will be offered in Japan for free

- Nintendo still working on Wii Vitality Sensor

- Challenge with the sensor is that its easy to make it work for 80% of people, but difficult to make to make it work for 99%

- Nintendo needs other companies to succeed on the 3DS

- Nintendo still planning their own titles around third-party games

- Made decision on Wii successor announcement because of logistics for getting people to E3

- Nintendo still wants a surprise at E3 with their new console

- Iwata admitted that Nintendo has relied to much on its own, won’t do everything on their own from here on out

- Expect to see something about the above at E3

- Iwata: 3DS not meeting expectations following second week of sales

- Iwata believes the earthquake in Japan had an impact on sales, but isn’t the only factor

- European/US sales lower than expected

- Nintendo “need to make efforts” to improve sales

- Pokemon Black/White has sold more than previous versions globally in the same time frame

- More talk of Nintendo saying that Project Cafe is a new concept/structure for a console

- Nintendo will still be pushing the Wii

- Nintendo releasing one Wii title every month to push the console’s performance

- Nintendo realizes they must provide incentive for people to use StreetPass/system updates

- Because of this, free content such as classic games will be offered

- Nintendo feels that gaming is better with buttons, so you won’t see a machine without them

- Nintendo will accommodate social networking services in games, but won’t see Nintendo games on non-Nintendo hardware

But teh Wii is dead, Caris said so! :rolleyes:

Opinions, opinions. :hug:

Sounds great. They may be titles like Wii play: Motion and vitality games here on out but here's hoping there are a few more surprises. That bike concept for waverace or a balance board supported 1080 wouldn't be too hard and would at least give Nintendo fans something to look forward to outside of a new Hyrule epic.

In fairness, it does mention that they're releasing those games in Japan. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be getting some of those games.

I hope we do, though.

Even if we don't theres still a huge back catalogue of quality games on the Wii. After finishing Fragile, I had a look at my stack of unplayed Wii games yesterday and got into Order Up! which I bought for something like a fiver new, years ago.

I know a few others here have played it though I couldn't turn up a thread to bump. :heh: I'm up to the second area in it and its a quality little title. I fancied playing something short and thats not an RPG (shock horror!) and Order Up! seems to be the right choice. It gives you the freedom to cook parts of the dishes in the order you desire and has a nice feeling of progression so far through kitchen upgrades and the controls are spot on, which is the most important thing.

Definitely worth picking up if anyone sees it lying around in a bargain bin and you fancy something different. : peace:

Even if we don't theres still a huge back catalogue of quality games on the Wii. After finishing Fragile, I had a look at my stack of unplayed Wii games yesterday and got into Order Up! which I bought for something like a fiver new, years ago.

I know a few others here have played it though I couldn't turn up a thread to bump. :heh: I'm up to the second area in it and its a quality little title. I fancied playing something short and thats not an RPG (shock horror!) and Order Up! seems to be the right choice. It gives you the freedom to cook parts of the dishes in the order you desire and has a nice feeling of progression so far through kitchen upgrades and the controls are spot on, which is the most important thing.

Definitely worth picking up if anyone sees it lying around in a bargain bin and you fancy something different. : peace:

I think I need to make a visit to a certain thread again: peace:

Bonus Round - E3 2011 Preview: Part 1: Nintendo

Our famous E3 preview is back, breaking down Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft’s E3 expectations and more. From Nintendo's mysterious new console, to Sony's NGP focus - our industry insiders go all out...even asking whether or not Microsoft can steal the show! Plus – we discuss the biggest third party games and beyond

Featuring: Michael Pachter, Jeff Gerstmann, Shane Satterfield