Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

First film you saw at the cinema?

welsh_gamer

What was the first film you ever saw at the cinema?

When I was young, the cinema seemed like a scary place, mainly due to the fact that our local one looked appaling, dirty and scary, and I was somewhat scared of the dark. Due to this, I never had the guts to go there, and missed out on seeing the likes of Jurassic Park, The Lion King and Toy Story on the big screen. Finally found the courage in 1996 (when I was 9 years old!) to go and see Space Jam, and it was a great experience from what I can remember, as I was a huge Looney Tunes fan and seeing live action married with CGI was new. So that was my first cinema experience, what was yours?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was the little mermaid for my sisters birthday, i hardly remember anything outher then standing outside.

also, i went to see one of the live action movie, all i remember of that is hiding from the shreader!

humm. according to imdb, little mermaid was released in 1990 in the uk, in october, which is way after my sisters birthday, perhaps it was for my birthday, though even then it was a week late. either way, that makes me 4.

i clearly remember seeing jurassic park, which was awsome.

I only ever went to the cinema twice or so, when I was a young lad.

I believe the first film I ever saw was The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Either that, or Flubber. Whichever one appeared first.

God, that seems like such a long time ago, now! It was pretty awesome, because it felt like such a huge treat going to the cinema. Think we went to see Flubber for my brother's birthday.

Well pretty much everyone in here makes me feel old :(

No idea what my first film at the cinema would have been, but I can remember seeing pretty much everything mentioned so far at the cinema. I'll take a guess that it was either the re-release of Bambi or the little Mermaid whichever came out earlier.

Or it could have been the jungle book actually.

I can't remember what I saw, but I remember the day...

I lived in my old house at the time, so it would have been in about 1993 or 1994, when I was 3/4. I was dragged along by my aunts with a cousin or something, and was really nervous beforehand. Afterwards I didn't want to leave!

I think it was The Little Mermaid for me as well, which was released here in 1990, making me 5. At least that's the first movie I remember seeing. Loved it, even though I got scared by the evil Ursula and her pets. D:

Aladdin when I was 3 apparently (according to IMDB) I remember it being the first movie I saw but I don´t remember the show it self.

When I read this thread I thought it was propaply aladdin when I was 6 or something.

But wow it´s getting that old :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!