NEurope
welsh_gamer

First film you saw at the cinema?

What was the first film you ever saw at the cinema?

When I was young, the cinema seemed like a scary place, mainly due to the fact that our local one looked appaling, dirty and scary, and I was somewhat scared of the dark. Due to this, I never had the guts to go there, and missed out on seeing the likes of Jurassic Park, The Lion King and Toy Story on the big screen. Finally found the courage in 1996 (when I was 9 years old!) to go and see Space Jam, and it was a great experience from what I can remember, as I was a huge Looney Tunes fan and seeing live action married with CGI was new. So that was my first cinema experience, what was yours?

I was taken to see Jurrasic Park by my grandad. He fell asleep then nearly fell out of his seat when a loud sound effect woke him up

Apparently, I watched Hook at the flicks when I was 3, but I don't remember it at all.

But the earliest trip I do remember was either Space Jam or the Power Rangers Movie. I was 6 at the time.

I remember going to see Babe which according to imdb came out in 1995, so i would have been 5 or 4.

i think it was the little mermaid for my sisters birthday, i hardly remember anything outher then standing outside.

also, i went to see one of the live action movie, all i remember of that is hiding from the shreader!

humm. according to imdb, little mermaid was released in 1990 in the uk, in october, which is way after my sisters birthday, perhaps it was for my birthday, though even then it was a week late. either way, that makes me 4.

i clearly remember seeing jurassic park, which was awsome.

I only ever went to the cinema twice or so, when I was a young lad.

I believe the first film I ever saw was The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Either that, or Flubber. Whichever one appeared first.

God, that seems like such a long time ago, now! It was pretty awesome, because it felt like such a huge treat going to the cinema. Think we went to see Flubber for my brother's birthday.

my first filmwas the re-release of the jungle book. Weirdly i was thinking about it today.

Good god how do you guys remember this stuff. I want to say 101 dalmations too...but I bet there was one before.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Cinemas scared me for a long time. Since I tried it for the first time (was dragged along by a friend), I've loved going to the cinema.

I'm pretty sure the first cinema film I was Aladdin... Wikipedia says I would have been about 3, unless I saw a later screening. I think 3 is about right though.

I think mine was Toy Story, though I don't remember much about the experience as I was only about 3 or 4. I have a wonderful childhood memory of my Mum falling asleep at Pokemon the movie though.

Well pretty much everyone in here makes me feel old :(

No idea what my first film at the cinema would have been, but I can remember seeing pretty much everything mentioned so far at the cinema. I'll take a guess that it was either the re-release of Bambi or the little Mermaid whichever came out earlier.

Or it could have been the jungle book actually.

Dennis the Menace, I think. My neighbor took me to see that. Bit of a shit film, but, y'know, I was like, 4.

My second one was a disney film though. Can't remember what, exactly.

The Lion King was the first one with my whole family.

Mine was one of the various live action Turtles movies, I can't remember which one.

It was amazing. :yay:

I can't remember what I saw, but I remember the day...

I lived in my old house at the time, so it would have been in about 1993 or 1994, when I was 3/4. I was dragged along by my aunts with a cousin or something, and was really nervous beforehand. Afterwards I didn't want to leave!

I think mines was the Power Rangers Movie or Space Jam. Can't remember exactly, i'll look on wiki tomorrow for the films I can remember and see what's the oldest one :heh:

I saw Aladin on December 15th 1991, I was 1 and 3 months old. Apparently I watched the whole thing in silence, entranced. :D

I think it was The Little Mermaid for me as well, which was released here in 1990, making me 5. At least that's the first movie I remember seeing. Loved it, even though I got scared by the evil Ursula and her pets. D:

Aladdin when I was 3 apparently (according to IMDB) I remember it being the first movie I saw but I don´t remember the show it self.

When I read this thread I thought it was propaply aladdin when I was 6 or something.

But wow it´s getting that old :(