Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I just got an offer from sheffield uni! (Number one in the country for journalism). I'm literally manploding with happyness right now! It says you need an interview, but they've just given me a straight offer which is rather odd...though I'm not complaining.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:yay:

I just got an offer from sheffield uni! (Number one in the country for journalism). I'm literally manploding with happyness right now! It says you need an interview, but they've just given me a straight offer which is rather odd...though I'm not complaining.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:yay:

Well Done!

For some reason Sheffield rejected me for journalism, despite me already having ABB at A level + a Distinction in BTEC Forensic Science + a C in an extra AS level, the A at A level being in English Language plus experience I have gained in the field of journalism this year. Strange. Didn't want to go there anyways. Tooooo far away!

I've been told that the best are City University London (right near and connected to all the major newspapers/BBC etc.) and Cardiff. Still waiting for offers from them, but have unconditional offers from Salford and Leeds. Hopefully I'll get into the last two.

Well Done!

For some reason Sheffield rejected me for journalism, despite me already having ABB at A level + a Distinction in BTEC Forensic Science + a C in an extra AS level, the A at A level being in English Language plus experience I have gained in the field of journalism this year. Strange. Didn't want to go there anyways. Tooooo far away!

I've been told that the best are City University London (right near and connected to all the major newspapers/BBC etc.) and Cardiff. Still waiting for offers from them, but have unconditional offers from Salford and Leeds. Hopefully I'll get into the last two.

Oh, that's really odd! I actually thought I was going to be rejected, so I called up and basically droaned on about how dedicated I would be and how they need me on the course. Apparently it worked.

My head of year was like "I doubt you'll get an offer from them". When I go back to college, my first mission will be to track him down and go "Yeah, um, SUCK ON THAT, BITCH". :p

I'm sure you will, especially with the experience you have. (I have none!) Good luck! :D

I consider knowingly teaching kids bollocks to be dangerous.

Not quite, Abu Hamza actively encouraged people to kill.

Muslims have the problem that some of them, especially the Saudi-funded ones, have a habit of switching Islam between a religion, a race and a culture to suit their means, and get away with what ever they wish, including, in this country, having Sharia-based civil courts, which undermines the principle of "women are equal to men in the UK", because, as I'm sure you are aware, Sharia is stupidly sexist. Wilders has gotten annoyed with this kind of thing happening in the Netherlands, but that fact that the flag Islam flies changes on the fly makes you a criminal to speak out against it. Because he's a public figure speaking in a major, accusative way, the shit has hit the fan.

Fair enough but there is speaking out against something and branding a label, which in itself is a sweeping generalisation and as you pointed out yourself not too well defined, as an 'ideology of a retarded culture' and other such statements.

Wilders was looking for a reaction and he got one. I'm not sure what he is trying to accomplish. All I see is shit stirring.

My friend got drunk the other night and had an odd dream about me. Apparently he came into a room and saw me smoking Crack, and he goes "Dude!!? Your Smoking Crack!!!?" I go "No no dude, it's okay it's not crack. It's Heroin."

I apparently said it just so nonchalant, and like heroin was a okay drug compared to crack.

Resolved the issue with dad sort of. Well it just got dropped/forgotten. Didn't really get any dinner tonight, but my sister gave me half of her sandwich because she didn't like it, and I bought some fries from McDonalds after the Bloc Party gig.

Gig itself was okay to good. I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more if I wasn't there "alone" (had some family there but they all were with their friends and standing in different places).

Ended up standing in a horrible spot, squashed in between strange, tall men. Couldn't see a thing. Got beer spilled on my hair and back before the gig even started. Got hit in the head multiple times. Had someone jump on my toe (which hurt so baddd). Guys standing in front of me wouldn't shut up either; why go to a gig when all you do is talk talk talk (and drink beer)?

Basically just felt really lonely there, and out of place. Wish I could've enjoyed it more, as I was really looking forward to it. =/

^ tell him/her to f-off. I would. The manager that is. :D

Anyways, yesterday was nothing special. Have run out of contact lenses and so sitting in my lecture trying to read the stuff being shown was a little difficult but I managed ok. Need to sort out an opticians appointment as I don't have glasses to use either. Genetics practical was a bit meh. Prepared our own slide so we could see some of the stages of mitosis in a root tip and then looked at some other plant and a slide of loctus testicles for meiosis. I didn't realise it was a slide of loctus testis until after the demonstrator explained what we'd be seeing. I just thought we'd be looking at plants but no. :blank: Very strange. But interesting nonetheless. Got home and had me a session of House of the Dead with a very ott hand cannon add-on for the wiimote. So much fun I couldn't stop laughing.

So today my mission was to start my english essay on isolation and community in Heart of Darkness this morning and as such I have done 900 words of the 1500 we're expected to at least write. Really don't know how I'm gonna keep it under 3000 words because you can just write bucket loads for HoD. This is the harder of the questions to write about as the other one is on imperialism and I just thought that'd be far too easy as I've done it before. So I've made good progress and shall continue after breakfast and hopefully finish by lunchtime. Will then head out to the local town centre as I haven't put in an appearance down there for nearly 4 weeks and plus I need to track down a copy of Deadly Creatures on the Wii.

Ahhh. :( Calls waiting went down to 4 but then straight back upto 22.

Annoying clients that are like SO SO SHOCKED when their plans gone down...its like, Yes you are immune to the credit crunch "So I invested £75,000 for my childrens holidays and you're telling me its gone down" YES you fucking spoilt cunt. Wish I had £100 for a holiday, slag.

And something phail just happened. :(