Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

thankyouverymuch :) all sorted now (simple reboot, tsh)

Yesterday! Well, the day before that I was supposed to go out and celebrate teh return of two allies to these shores after the absence equivalent to one moon cycle. Instead, I decided to have a quiet one in; ordered pizza, chilled with the flatties but then BAM we all got drunk and BAM BAM BAM we just kept drinking and then BOOM it was 6am and I was supposed to get on a train at midday to go to manchester.

So instead I amble about, and manage to leave 5 mins too late to catch the train an hour later. Where was I going? Who with? Well, guv, I were off to a Winter Ale Festival for the selection of ciders on offer. I was going with some fellows from my juggling crew and their friends. I arranged, instead, to meet a couple of them a further hour after that 2nd missed train. So much time wasted.

Then: Manchester! I thought it was going to be leeds. But it wasn't! So we got there, queued for an HOUR to get into the festival, then had some amazing ciders. Everyone I knew there was dressed as a pirate, which was ace. I had some skeleton hand and a bandana that I wore on my wrist, and a shark on my t-shirt.

After some pirate-skewed songs and dances, we walked miles to some uselessly specific pub, had another pint, then left to get the last train home when suddenly I noticed my mate andy was nowhere to be seen -- shit! So me and two others ran back to the pub, couldn't find him, his phone was off... But the train was leaving in 10 mins and I had no idea where I was. The two other members of the search party had a place to stay, so I had to run and find a train station by myself, in a city I barely knew.

And I made it! Just! With about 2 mins to spare. We all start fretting about Andy, then BLAM he's been standing over there for about half an hour, having wandered out of the pub without telling anyone. Tsh! Fewl.

And that's it. My uninteresting story of the day. Home was accompanied with another take-away. Now to watch BSG and maybe squeeze in some gaming before the start of uni tomorrow, 9am sharp. YIKES!

thankyouverymuch :) all sorted now (simple reboot, tsh)

Yesterday! Well, the day before that I was supposed to go out and celebrate teh return of two allies to these shores after the absence equivalent to one moon cycle. Instead, I decided to have a quiet one in; ordered pizza, chilled with the flatties but then BAM we all got drunk and BAM BAM BAM we just kept drinking and then BOOM it was 6am and I was supposed to get on a train at midday to go to manchester.

So instead I amble about, and manage to leave 5 mins too late to catch the train an hour later. Where was I going? Who with? Well, guv, I were off to a Winter Ale Festival for the selection of ciders on offer. I was going with some fellows from my juggling crew and their friends. I arranged, instead, to meet a couple of them a further hour after that 2nd missed train. So much time wasted.

Then: Manchester! I thought it was going to be leeds. But it wasn't! So we got there, queued for an HOUR to get into the festival, then had some amazing ciders. Everyone I knew there was dressed as a pirate, which was ace. I had some skeleton hand and a bandana that I wore on my wrist, and a shark on my t-shirt.

After some pirate-skewed songs and dances, we walked miles to some uselessly specific pub, had another pint, then left to get the last train home when suddenly I noticed my mate andy was nowhere to be seen -- shit! So me and two others ran back to the pub, couldn't find him, his phone was off... But the train was leaving in 10 mins and I had no idea where I was. The two other members of the search party had a place to stay, so I had to run and find a train station by myself, in a city I barely knew.

And I made it! Just! With about 2 mins to spare. We all start fretting about Andy, then BLAM he's been standing over there for about half an hour, having wandered out of the pub without telling anyone. Tsh! Fewl.

And that's it. My uninteresting story of the day. Home was accompanied with another take-away. Now to watch BSG and maybe squeeze in some gaming before the start of uni tomorrow, 9am sharp. YIKES!

Your welcome.

I forgot about the pirate thing! Probably best I didn't go with all this procrasting and not working thing..:blank:

I'm a little annoyed with my family once more. After much debate and arguing as to my room getting Sky Multi-room fitted with the answer firmly on No (which i wanted that answer), i come back from cash count to find someone has been in my room, fitted the box and put a damn cable through my wall and basically screwed up the network i had set-up.

And i didn't get a new box, no i got the flipping fucked one from downstairs (sorry, no other word could suffice) with the crud picture. And it was positioned underneath my Blu-ray player (heat rises, work out the results). Currently it is all unplugged and ready for removal (i'm cutting the cable as well). All i wanted was a main ariel connection to my TV as i am fed up with the indoor ariel i am using. I don't get what i ask for in this house.

Phew, rant over.

Fantastic weekend.

Went on a stag do to Northampton and we had a go at this

http://www.warfighters.co.uk/

The Ghost Recon one.

It was awesome, real state of the art stuff and lots of throwing yourself around in the mud to dive into cover and crawl over embankments full of thorns! There were squad based missions involving APCs (though not actually going in them!) smoke grenades, capture the flag etc. Was really good and would recommend it to anyone. They're bringing out a new game later in the year and we're going to try to go again next year.

After that, we did the obligatory strip club and got rather wasted.

My legs are stiff as a board now - not used to crawling around in the dirt!

Fantastic weekend.

The Ghost Recon one.

It was awesome, real state of the art stuff and lots of throwing yourself around in the mud to dive into cover and crawl over embankments full of thorns! There were squad based missions involving APCs (though not actually going in them!) smoke grenades, capture the flag etc. Was really good and would recommend it to anyone. They're bringing out a new game later in the year and we're going to try to go again next year.

That looks amazing - I know what I want to do for my next birthday! If DomJcg is reading this, for the squad's sake, don't use your Halo 3 tactics... :wink:

Got up UNBELIEVABLY EARLY for me, (9am) to watch my mum on The Big Question with Nicky Campbell.

She was asked to be there to speak briefly during the question "Should drug users who refuse help have their benefits taken away?", a ridiculous question in any case, mae worse by the actual format of the show.

She never got asked to speak, despite being a representative for Place2B, a counselling organisation in schools, working with deprived parents and children (and therefore lots of drugs), as the producer told her they got "two junkies in to talk", so she was relegated back. How nice a name for recovering heroin addicts...

Anyway. Ridiculous. Never seen it before, but the "panel" was irrelevant and full of idiots. The audience was full of representatives from random christian groups, as if what they had to say was worth more because they were religious!

Only decent person there was that woman, Kaye Adams. Actually talking sense.

Anyway.

Then we went to my aunts, so my mum could watch it, and what little part she played, then I went to a rehearsal for Henry V.

Just been visiting my mum and brothers!

We had a Burn's night supper, with haggis and all that kinda thing :D (I don't know much about the guy though, I just ate and nodded)

Then I had a nap in my brother's bed.

Haggis can transport to other places! :o :p

My day has been about me messing up my sleep patterns.

When to bed at 12pm, got up at 6am, went back to bed again at 10am and got up again at 4pm.

^ yeh didn't you know, Haggis is a feather-less bird which can't fly. :heh: You'd probably not be surprised at how many foreigners, who visit Scotland, that believe that. It's quite funny to actually talk to them about it and tell them so get themselves on a Haggis hunt. Always good for a laugh.

Anyways, I was supposed to do some notes for lectures I'd 'missed' this past week but don't know what happened. Before I knew it, 'Allo 'Allo was on and then it was Songs of Praise. Day just sort of flew passed me. Oh well, I'll sort it out at some point.

Fantastic weekend.

The Ghost Recon one.

[inb4Moogle]

Is that last line a euphemism for what you did at the strip club?

^ yeh didn't you know, Haggis is a feather-less bird which can't fly. :heh: You'd probably not be surprised at how many foreigners, who visit Scotland, that believe that. It's quite funny to actually talk to them about it and tell them so get themselves on a Haggis hunt. Always good for a laugh.

300px-Haggis_scoticus.jpg

According to a survey released on 26 November 2003, one-third of U.S. visitors to Scotland believed the wild Haggis to be a real creature. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Damn you Dante!

For the record I was gonna go with "Where was my invite?"

Damn me good!

Oh god, not looking forward to Tuesday. I'll have to be lucky with my questions if I want to pass my politics exam. I still have tomorrow to study too, I hope I'll feel more confident then.

I've been wondering for a while what course/subject are you doing?

My day on the other hand has involved silent panicking and indecisiveness.

I've been wondering for a while what course/subject are you doing?

My day on the other hand has involved silent panicking and indecisiveness.

Japanese Studies (Japanologie in Dutch, but I'm not sure if it'd be called "japanology" in English). So that's the language, history, culture, politics, religion, ... you name it. I love it, but can be hard as fuck.

Anyways, I was supposed to do some notes for lectures I'd 'missed' this past week but don't know what happened. Before I knew it, 'Allo 'Allo was on and then it was Songs of Praise. Day just sort of flew passed me. Oh well, I'll sort it out at some point.

I meet some folk who thought haggis was real. I didn't exactly help them out since I said they were real and went on to draw them a picture of one :heh:

I made one leg shorter than the other so it limped, they believed it :indeed:

Japanese Studies (Japanologie in Dutch, but I'm not sure if it'd be called "japanology" in English). So that's the language, history, culture, politics, religion, ... you name it. I love it, but can be hard as fuck.

Awesome. My indecisiveness of today is closely related to that course, generally speaking. I've been thinking of quitting the course I'm on now and studying that. Especially with one of the years of study being a year in a Japanese University.