Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just completely aced at my exammmm!

19/20, fuck yeah! Never had a score that high, and pretty much thought it was unreachable, haha. I rock at Art History! X3

And yeah, now I'm going to nap for a bit because I am superrr tired! Whoo!

Holy crap, that's insane! Congrats!

Got my english paper on The Tempest.

Probably the most backwards exam ever, English is.

We have to learn quotes from random critics, which feels really fake, as we would hardly include them otherwise.

And the fact it's closed book>!! What the fuck? How on earth could that EVER imporove/even show our analytical skills?

They should just make it a memory test of quotes from the tempest and stop beating around the bush. It's what they want.

Yeah, English is ridiculous like that. I understand that they don't want people taking in their text incase you hide notes and such in it, but can't you send a request for the texts you have studied and want to get in the exam? Like, put a max of 5 on it or something to stop ridiculous requests, but at least that way the exam is more about analysing effectively and less about just sticking in whatever quotes you can remember and fitting the content around it.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!

... So I've been moping around for, like, 3 months thinking I'd fucked up my entire degree. Just got two results back - a 64 and a 71 which is all goooood... Except I've got an exam tomorrow and I've not done any revisionLOLOLOO... So I'l HARDCORE that right up... after some minesweeper flags, mass effect, shower, shave, manicure, box-car race and ingestion of lighter fluid.

I'M NOT GOING TO BE A HOMELESS REJECT JUST YET, WOOOOOOOO!

What did I say to you? Infact what did alot of people tell you?

Told you so!

Was meant to go shopping today, instead I sat in checking work and realised I have little to do for practise skills than originally thought. Woo. Going to uni at half 5 to grab some work and then meet up with a friend.

Just about to leave the office (which is always good) and I've managed to finish some European Charts which are an absolute pain to put together - really glad that's over so I can do something a little more interesting tomorrow.

Also managed to find my no claims certificate so I can get on the case of sorting out some new car insurance over the next couple of weeks.

All in all a very good day, half day tomorrow to sort out my new car so I'm feeling pretty good atm!

HOLY SHIT!!!

I did NOT realise UCAS applications need to be in this Thursday!!!

Haven't even done personal statement!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFUU....

You haven't done it yet? Wow seems like ages ago to me. Think I finished mine late September and starting hearing from Uni's by first week in October :) Annoying thing is i haven't heard from my first choices yet so I can't make Nottingham (i have a chemistry offer from there of ABB) definate yet and get good accomodation because i'd rather do medicine at UCL or Bristol, but apparantly they don't get back until like March...MARCH!!!! :shakehead

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!

... So I've been moping around for, like, 3 months thinking I'd fucked up my entire degree. Just got two results back - a 64 and a 71 which is all goooood... Except I've got an exam tomorrow and I've not done any revisionLOLOLOO... So I'l HARDCORE that right up... after some minesweeper flags, mass effect, shower, shave, manicure, box-car race and ingestion of lighter fluid.

I'M NOT GOING TO BE A HOMELESS REJECT JUST YET, WOOOOOOOO!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just completely aced at my exammmm!

19/20, fuck yeah! Never had a score that high, and pretty much thought it was unreachable, haha. I rock at Art History! X3

And yeah, now I'm going to nap for a bit because I am superrr tired! Whoo!

Congratulations! :yay:

Thanks guys. ^___^

Holy crap, that's insane! Congrats!

Haha yeah, that's what I thought too when my lecturer told me my score. Of course I had to hide my excitement! X3

But yeah, never thought a score like that was even possible. Me is happy!

Now if only I could score that well on my other exams... oh well, can't be good at everything. =P

Also, since it was my sister's birthday, we just ate crêpes for dinner. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Congrats jaynuh and Euseven. :)

Went to uni to hand in my extension module project and the tutor wasn't there for our meeting. So I bummed around at uni helping a friend with her art work but the lecturer still didn't turn up so I went to find out where I had to hand it in and got sent round in circles. Fun times.

Started organising my birthday. Fun times :D Oh and Birkbeck have let me know they have my application. Scary times! Just need to nudge my referees to remind them to send the stuff off.

And now I really ought to do work :/

Righteo, similar to ReZ's rant with Amazon, but a little different. I ordered some things yesterday about lunchtime and payed for a guaranteed delivery for today at 1pm.

The package isn't here and upon further investigation so far have found it............... in Milton Keynes.

I think i shall be contacting Amazon or City Link about this at some point.

You haven't done it yet? Wow seems like ages ago to me. Think I finished mine late September and starting hearing from Uni's by first week in October :) Annoying thing is i haven't heard from my first choices yet so I can't make Nottingham (i have a chemistry offer from there of ABB) definate yet and get good accomodation because i'd rather do medicine at UCL or Bristol, but apparantly they don't get back until like March...MARCH!!!! :shakehead

I havent, but the situation was averted today!

It turns out art student applications (like myself)don't have to be in till March 6th!

Luckily, the shock forced me to write the majority of my personal statement.

Revision? PAH! Solitaire showdown, minesweeper flags, rapping, mass effect and Army of Two, please. Now I'm going over someone else's essay to point out the hundreds of poor uses of grammar. The essay is on sexual deviancy, mind you.

We have to learn quotes from random critics, which feels really fake, as we would hardly include them otherwise.

And the fact it's closed book>!! What the fuck? How on earth could that EVER imporove/even show our analytical skills?

They should just make it a memory test of quotes from the tempest and stop beating around the bush. It's what they want.

Yeah, it's all really stupid. But! Closed book means you don't have to remember exact quotes - which also means that if you're really, really feeling cheeky you can make up critic's quotes, as you don't have to reference them in any way besides their name (at your level, iirc) for exams.

Our system on my course is pretty good - we're allowed to take in two double-sided sheets of A4 full of quotes of our own choosing. Tutors check it for badness, and voila. No need to rife through text, no need to make it a memory test. Good luck with it though :)

What did I say to you? Infact what did alot of people tell you?

Told you so!

Lol, yeah... Sorry. Nami was saying it to me not even last night. Two more results to come, mind you.

Congrats jaynuh and Euseven. :)

Thanks ash, and cheers everyone else. RE: the above quote; boy we should all be glad Flinky made his move first ;)

Well done, Ine and Jay. :) Hehe, kick arse.

The problem is that a lot of people spend too much time searching the book for "the best" quotes, and then don't really have enough written down on the paper at the end.

Makes sense. My year 8 class were doing some essay-work earlier, and they spend so much time looking for quotes.

Today has been a bit weird. I still don't feel all that well, and I seem to have lost a bit of confidence I think, according to my mentor. Just don't have any energy. :(

Thanks ash, and cheers everyone else. RE: the above quote; boy we should all be glad Flinky made his move first ;)

Pfff, who says he made the first move? =P

Was just printing out my course book, and now paper has gotten stuck in the printerrrrr, nooooooo! Don't know how to fix it (and reprint that one page), and dad isn't home. =(

I'm here to help! (in fact a friend told me today if it weren't for me she probably would have had a breakdown last semester. Said I was a calming and helpful person which is nice to hear :))

Paj: I saw a car registration plate that ended in 'Paj' today and thought of you. (and yes, in my narcissistic world this should be enough to make you feel better :p)

Flink: I want to eat up your sadness, and if you'll let me I'll jump in and gorge away.

And whats currently making (the simple) me happy is the word kamikakushi because its so fun to say! And I get to use it several times in my assignment.