Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm using Vanished by Crystal Castles. Works very well in my opinion. Put a load of new songs on there last night though, Go With The Flow by QOTSA works well as a ringtone too. Got plenty actually. My text ringtone is the "New high score" jingle from Super Mario 64. :D Da-da-da-daaa, da-daaaaaa!

Edited by Dyson

Can you not just cut a song so its just the chorus? That's usually what I end up doing.

Yeah but effort.

No to Back In Black, since I want one from bands I actually like. :santa:

Vanished is actually a good one. Might pick a CC song.

EDIT: Chose Meet Ze Monsta by PJ Harvey instead.

Edited by Paj!

But first you need to find out what she eats every night, how she sleeps, who her friends are, where she lives, what shampoo brand she uses and her dental records

;)

Haha, well no, dont do that. There's a difference between getting a girl to notice you and stalking the crap out of her!

Oh and best ringtone is Michael Jackson - Dont Stop Til you Get Enough. Everyone nearby will immedietly want to dance. Someone at work has a theme from Streets Of Rage as his though, and i have to admit its pretty awesome.

Quick legal question here...

Someone seems to have taken a tenner from a till at work, either purposely or by giving too much change by accident. They've asked all of us about it, giving the nice last chance "If it turns up by the end of the week, nothing's going to happen", I had nothing to do with it [not intentionally anyway] so told them to check the camera. One coworker has been caught swiping money a few times before, but said on this occasion apparently that he doesn't want to ruin his job [which begs the question why do it before]

[History lesson: Apparently during Christmas he was caught again and was going to be fired on the spot, but wasn't because he's worked there the longest, he could probably shit in the till and give it someone as cashback and not get fired, it's fucking stupid.]

I was told if they have to check the camera and if they see someone, the police will be involved, which is fair enough. But my problem comes here, if they don't see anything they're going to take money out of all our wages to compensate for it. Is this legal?

Someone seems to have taken a tenner from a till at work, either purposely or by giving too much change by accident. They've asked all of us about it, giving the nice last chance "If it turns up by the end of the week, nothing's going to happen", I had nothing to do with it [not intentionally anyway] so told them to check the camera. One coworker has been caught swiping money a few times before, but said on this occasion apparently that he doesn't want to ruin his job [which begs the question why do it before]

[History lesson: Apparently during Christmas he was caught again and was going to be fired on the spot, but wasn't because he's worked there the longest, he could probably shit in the till and give it someone as cashback and not get fired, it's fucking stupid.]

I was told if they have to check the camera and if they see someone, the police will be involved, which is fair enough. But my problem comes here, if they don't see anything they're going to take money out of all our wages to compensate for it. Is this legal?

It's legal for them to take it out of everyones wages i wouldv'e thought. We used to have it done alot at Pizza Express for one reason or another, and its too hectic to find out who made the mistake. The till would be down a few quid every shift anyway, whether someone miscalculated their tip or gave wrong change blah blah, shit happens when you're busy.

As for them choosing not to check the cameras, thats just them trying to avoid conflict. Seems dodgy to me. They dont have to involve the authorities, but even if they do, they should still check them as someone is stealing from them at the end of the day.

Sh, my glasses! I have one pair of new glasses that make me feel really, really odd. I'm not sure if it's because they're curved or because the lenses are messed up. But I feel really dizzy and my nose goes all tingly... which is also odd.

today hasnt been as good as yesterday but its been okay, rang up activision and theyre sending me a new drum kit for guitar hero which is good as i was worrying i would have to send mine and it would of cost a bit of money to send it to them.

God fucking dammit! Why do I keep having to call people and tell them how to do their jobs today? Just spoke to some woman in the council HR department who's never heard of the two ticks scheme. it's only, you know, a major national government initiative across the entire public sector that every major institution in the country is supposed to support. fffuuccck offff!

Sounds very very dodgy to me, if it's not you're fault then I really don't think they can reasonably expect you to reimburse company losses. I'd definitely be kicking up a massive fuss if it does happen - I'd also be looking for another place to work as if they have shit policies like that it can't be the best place in the world.

Who just found every single collectable in Bionic Commando? Oh yeah, i did! All 150 of those little bastards, i found them all! Mwahahahaha!!!

I am king. Just a shame the game doesn't save them when you level jump to previous areas, else that shiny gold trophy would be mine. Ah well, i'd get them all if i could be arsed to play it all through again in my own time.

Feels good :)

Hahahahh! Theres like 5 people in the office, so its silent, I just emailed Spenno daring him to do "Weeeee-eeee-eeeelllll" by LuLu, and he burst into it. (the start of it anyway)

Very lol indeed.

Wish i was there to hear that, no-one in my office does anything like that. There is one guy who will shout out "For f**k sake you piece of computing s**t" when his PC does something out the ordinary.

Feeling really bleh again. Too much work, made me cry last night. And my friends are feeling the same way and saying they're not going to do their Master year... I hope they still do or I'll be all alone. =(

Been feeling really tired today as well. Skipped my two hour lecture in the morning to catch up on sleep, staying in bed until 10 (though I woke up a billion times). Went to a friend to look for sources for a presentation. Came back home and crawled back into bed for about 40 minutes. Still feel tired...

Had a picture and echo of my leg taken today. Was quite weird really, never done it before. The echo especially was weird, I couldn't make out anything on the screen. Now I kinda know what pregnant women go through... almost. Got asked if I was pregnant or had kids by the way. >.>;

Anyone with access to Sky One should give it a quick blast. Tempest from Gladiators is on it, and she is smoking the house down with her attractiveness.

Work gets uberly annoying sometimes. I'll be sitting there dealing with shit after a call, and opposite will be two chicks chatting, I go into "ready for next call" mode, and I get it, when its a call they are both qualified on and have been sitting there thumb twiddling. Plus out of the...5 ish people who take the most calls, two are leaving at the end of this month. Gonna be busy all the time.

I am mincing a Wolverine model now. Hes gonna look goooood.

PS Google Chrome > IE

PPSS Dyson...how was da t'v'w?!

Anyone with access to Sky One should give it a quick blast. Tempest from Gladiators is on it, and she is smoking the house down with her attractiveness.

My sister knows Tempest, they used to do Athletics together and she text her the other month offering free tickets to Gladiators.

PPSS Dyson...how was da t'v'w?!

Hey baby...

Just got back from my interview. Not convinced I did too well to be honest, but that might just be me. Apparently you always think you did badly in interviews. We shall find out soon I suppose. By Monday in fact. Got my fingers crossed!

:D There you go matey.

Stuff about girl in Greggs

Oh yeah, there was that too for good measure.

I've come to the conclusion that long sleeps result in more sexy dreams. I went to bed at 5:30pm yesterday - I got 13 and a half hours of sleep, and I had one of the best dreams ever.

Me and a pair of hot brunette twins. Sexy times.

Mediorce day at school. Did nothing in particular. Did a FP2 Maths Past paper in the allocated time and got 78%. Needs to be improved upon.

I finally got the infernal plastic tag that was somehow permanently attached off my sunglasses. Yay, I can finally wear them.

Not done much all day, felt horrible this morning (and was off), bt only done bits and bobs of the English I need to. I have a triple free in the morning tomorrow to finish this bit, then start/finish another essay.

My day wasn't the best. I guess my years of being lazy when it comes to work are about to come and hit me like a huge yellow school bus. Through my GCSEs and AS-Levels I've just been able to cruise through doing next to nothing and come out with the grades I wanted and needed. But today, I decided to set out some strict revision checklists and have come to the conclusion that I am fucking screwed. There is SO much to learn and I'm not sure I can do it.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic and just the sheer amount staring at me on a page looks a lot worse than it really is. And I hope it's like this because honestly if it's not I'm so buggered.

I also shouldn't be complaining as it's my fault, and I'm only technically taking 2 A2-Levels; Chemistry and Biology (I'm doing Italian too but it's a more of a time filler).

I wish I had some willpower!

Had an alright day at uni. Not that productive. I took a revision class. Was weird, I had a classroom and I was writing on the board, people were asking me questions and everything. Not too surprising that I enjoyed it since I enjoy thinking I know what I'm talking about.

Exam on Firday.

My day wasn't the best. I guess my years of being lazy when it comes to work are about to come and hit me like a huge yellow school bus. Through my GCSEs and AS-Levels I've just been able to cruise through doing next to nothing and come out with the grades I wanted and needed. But today, I decided to set out some strict revision checklists and have come to the conclusion that I am fucking screwed. There is SO much to learn and I'm not sure I can do it.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic and just the sheer amount staring at me on a page looks a lot worse than it really is. And I hope it's like this because honestly if it's not I'm so buggered.

I also shouldn't be complaining as it's my fault, and I'm only technically taking 2 A2-Levels; Chemistry and Biology (I'm doing Italian too but it's a more of a time filler).

I wish I had some willpower!

I was the complete opposite situation (except I still didn't work). Only in my last year I re-did my ASs and did my A2s. Nailed them.

Yeah, willpower is useful.

Good luck.

Well, no day which features the phrases "dirty spear chucker" and "rights for whites" is going to be enjoyable.

surfice to say, alot of the people on my course are morons.

i tried to explain why dividing by 1/2 doubled the number, a girl shouted at me. i didnt invent maths, dont get mad at me!

one redeaming feature, a guy of my course is a genuinly lovely bloke, we had a pointless exercise about our selves, one question we had to answer was name a person you would like to meet. he put down "my real dad" and i was genuinly touched by it. contrasts sharply with the outher lads who were throwing paper balls and shouting all day.