Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Seriously epic email from the people who run the Halls of Residence I used to live in (they still emailme with their notifications).

Dear Resident

IMPORTANT - NEW ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS, "CURTAIN TAXES"

You may have heard of recent legislative developments as part of the Governments environmental strategy to reduce energy waste, and the so-called "Curtain Taxes". This affects residential homes in a number of ways. Our Halls of Residence are affected in that the legislation requires that all curtains are open no later than 9am each weekday morning, and no later than 10am at weekends. The reason for this is to reduce the energy consumption on rooms which are lit artificially when there is adequate external daylight to light the room.

From the start of the next term (9am, 20 April 2009) it will be a requirement for all student residents to comply with this legislation. Under the legislation, failure to comply may lead to both the individual student AND the University (as the responsible Landlord) being prosecuted. Consequently, staff have been asked to vigirously check that there is compliance by making an external survey of rooms each morning (and by Security staff at weekends).

I apologise for any inconvenience, but trust that you will understand the important environmental reasons behind this new law.

Yours sincerely

Richard Search

Residential Services Manager - Bournemouth University

I genuinely thought it was real for a good few minutes and then I wisened up a bit! But I reckon there are gonna be looooads of people in Halls who fall for it. :D

my friend text me letting me know he didnt have clymdia, i text him back saying "hahaha, good april fool's u clymadia laden cunt!"

purly awsome on my part.

i'm looking to buy buzz on the ps3, think it might be fun for the family over easter. prices arnt bad (£35) so i'll talk to the rents, see thire opinion, ive just put mad world on sale, so that shud take £20ish off the total.

i'm looking to buy buzz on the ps3, think it might be fun for the family over easter. prices arnt bad (£35) so i'll talk to the rents, see thire opinion, ive just put mad world on sale, so that shud take £20ish off the total.

Hmm, I dunno; £35 seems a lot for a quiz game...

Got home just over an hour ago from having been out. Bought myself the Rock Band drum kit and have been messing about on it trying to coordinate myself well enough to play it and so far I'm doing alright on medium. A long way to go.

Was a letter waiting for me when I got home from the Uni accommodation office. They've offered me a flat and the price for the whole 52 weeks isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Only £4400 (slightly under. I'm rounding up as I don't remember the exact figure) so that's not bad. Wasn't looking for an offer though. Was only looking to see if they had anything left but seeing as I've got a place I now need to persuade my mother to let me go for it because it's not a bad price and it's what I want to do. Will have to figure out how I'm going to approach this one as she'll no doubt go insane when I bring it up in convo.

Now I need to get started on revision of developmental psychology for my exam tomorrow but my mind is all over the place as I'll be speaking with my tutor tomorrow about changing to English.

Battlestar Galactica Question;

When, if ever, will both parts of Season 4 be collected together in DVD form?

I hate the idea of spending 50 pounds for both halfs.

(Not in the BSG thread to avoid spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica Question;

When, if ever, will both parts of Season 4 be collected together in DVD form?

I hate the idea of spending 50 pounds for both halfs.

(Not in the BSG thread to avoid spoilers)

i imagine it's a matter of time. rip off atm though!

I has been Ill since Saturday and just about recovered today! :grin:

Just about made it to the last day of term today. WOOOOOOOOOO! :yay:

Though I went in yesterday as well and spent most of the day in the Sixth Form room dying on a sofa watching a variety of Children's TV, twas awesome. :grin: Hannah Montana, Power Rangers, Sponge Bob Square Pants and Pokemon!

Also today we watched Power Rangers Mystic Force which had a much bigger storyline than I have seen it was 3 parts long and just got exciting when we had to go to assembly. >____<

Tomorrow it is down to some serious revision!!!

I have no idea what to do today. Last night I XBOX LIIIVED! ... With dyson on guitar hero a little while until my 'headset voice' (about 30 decibels louder than my regular voice) was too much for nami and shorty, trying to sleep. I don't like the headsets I can't hear much at all.

Won lots of Worms against randomers, as well! Played some Left 4 Dead and... man it's hard on versus! I sucked as the special zombies.

I guess I'll watch some Big Love then xbocks!

Today i was originally going to UEA to a visit day, however since hearing about an important ICT lesson in which the teacher would be going over important aspects of the coursework, i decided against going. Now as i walked in to the sixth form centre this morning i was told that she won't be in untill after half term (the bitch) so today was pretty boring. However i did manage to make an amazing robot from all the crap left over in the art room, it could have been on Art Attack, it was that good.

Tonight (now-ish) i'm off for a carvery and to see 'knowing' (i think it's called knowing?) with friends. Wooop.

I have no idea what to do today. Last night I XBOX LIIIVED! ... With dyson on guitar hero a little while until my 'headset voice' (about 30 decibels louder than my regular voice) was too much for nami and shorty, trying to sleep. I don't like the headsets I can't hear much at all.

Won lots of Worms against randomers, as well! Played some Left 4 Dead and... man it's hard on versus! I sucked as the special zombies.

I guess I'll watch some Big Love then xbocks!

Bahaha, great stuff. Guitar Hero was fun. Netted an achievement for 100%ing a song on Co-op too. Awesome! We'll have to GoW2 it up later. Or something else. Anything!

Do you have Halo 3 by the way? If not...get eet. It's the one game that keeps me coming back for more on XBL.

Guest Jordan

Popped home from work to check this place... gotta be back by 4:15.

I didn't get a something i sort of expected, which blows pretty hard. Now I'm sat wondering what's going on.

Also, the mail has gone to shit here. I've not had mail for 4 days now due to fog (which cleared up today). So, still no cheap games from HMV. Ah well, at least its nothing massive.

So yeah. Weirdly, I was walking around in town trying to find someone but I sort of knew they wouldn't be around. I just feel so weird at the moment, nothings quite right at all. Work is the only constant in my life. Weirdly, I'm actually enjoying not being at home at the moment, this place is giving me painful memories.

< Emo. Srsly.

I'm getting inked today. And after serious Lego website browsage, I've decided that if I can find a Lego X Wing in town for a reasonable price, I'm getting one.

Today's going to be expensive it would seem...

Well that plan turned to shit pretty quick. No Lego X Wing in any shops I looked in (Tesco, Trinders and Argos). "Never mind, I'd probably look a right prick walking into a tattoo parlour carrying Lego" I thought to myself. Get to the tattoo place, go through the usual process of making sure they know how I want the design I gave them (this is the second sitting in 3). Turns out they didn't know the pattern carries on all the way round my arm. So there isn't time today to draw up the stencil. Bugger. Booked in for the 18th now.

Bum, tits, fanny, feck, wee wee. What a day.

Yesterday was enjoyable. Got results back from a test which my teacher said it was a joy to mark. Got 94.8%. Awesomesauce.

A brief fill in, one of my lecturers, for a module, works for Creative North. I find now that he actually started it up... Anyways after a presentation (which I hear got ballsed up) yesterday of the game we had been making for this year's project he comes and says he will pay our group for the game and would like 3 or 4 people to carry on making the game over the holiday for release on the iphone. He'd been saying throughout the year that he thought this was on of the best games he'd seen and actually hinted at this in the past. So... pretty big news. I think the leader of our group is pushing to have us all do it because it would be harsh on others if some were chosen. Not too bothered if I'm not chosen but if I am I get something quite cool on my CV.

Well that plan turned to shit pretty quick. No Lego X Wing in any shops I looked in (Tesco, Trinders and Argos). "Never mind, I'd probably look a right prick walking into a tattoo parlour carrying Lego" I thought to myself. Get to the tattoo place, go through the usual process of making sure they know how I want the design I gave them (this is the second sitting in 3). Turns out they didn't know the pattern carries on all the way round my arm. So there isn't time today to draw up the stencil. Bugger. Booked in for the 18th now.

Bum, tits, fanny, feck, wee wee. What a day.

You really arent having the best of luck with the rest of that tattoo are you! At least tomorrow will be a completely more awesome to the max day

Bahaha, great stuff. Guitar Hero was fun. Netted an achievement for 100%ing a song on Co-op too. Awesome! We'll have to GoW2 it up later. Or something else. Anything!
All my games! Why don't you ever play with me ;_;

Having done no work this holiday yet (chronic procrastination :( ) I finally did something. Albiet the least "essential" work to do.

I did a sketch for a painting/big peice I want to do this holiday.

S8301422.jpg

I'm looking at haloes in general. This is my Virgin Mary and child.

The proportions aren't right, and the hands are pretty guff, but I like how evil she looks. Worked from a photo obv. but changed bits.

Awesome. How's the child going to look?

Thanks, not sure atm. I think just like a standard baby, in that kinda flower thing she's holding.

I might play with the halo it'll have though. Something to diffrentiate it from the one the mother has. (to suggest...something :p)