Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I have this thing. I buy alcohol -- lots of alcohol per week. Nearly every time I do, I buy it from the same sour-faced woman at the shop opposite my house. Earlier this week I somehow managed to make her laugh.

Entirely unsure I believe you.

Forum, I have seen this woman. I, too, have purchased alcoholic beverages from her establishment. I, too, have seen the face of the beast. I had assumed she was incapable of laughter- some primal creature posessed only by a grim loathing of all who barter for goods with paper in her presence. The idea that she found something amusing seems like an affront to nature, somehow.

I don't have my seminar! Now its only another seminar and 4 hours of work I must endure now :)

Hair doesn't look too bad. Or did I already say?

Erm J7, cheer up :) Cider is lovely, don't ever change your opinion on that!!!

@Fish, pear cider is lovely but I can only handle one bottle before it tastes sickly. So I just go onto normal apple cider, which doesn't affect me until the morning after where I seem to always impregnate myself with an 'alien baby in my stomach' as my friend always delights in telling me. Basically my stomach grows and in a weird shape O.o

Ell, it's all about mixed fruits cider :D and mah day, well, as sad as it is, me and my friend are in a competition to see who can complete pokemon fast enough, i'm at that electricity city and he's at that water one.lol. Issues in british politics is fun, got my essay back for political thought, did a hell of a lot better than i thought and it makes me hopeful for my other two essays now =D (i thought it was gonna be 20 marks lower tbh :/). I think i sounded like i knew more than i actually did. anyways TO BRITISH ISSUES AND THEN TO THE BRITISH LECTURE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF CAMPUS, have to be there in 0 mins after my issues seminar =/

Ell, it's all about mixed fruits cider :D and mah day, well, as sad as it is, me and my friend are in a competition to see who can complete pokemon fast enough, i'm at that electricity city and he's at that water one.lol. Issues in british politics is fun, got my essay back for political thought, did a hell of a lot better than i thought and it makes me hopeful for my other two essays now =D (i thought it was gonna be 20 marks lower tbh :/). I think i sounded like i knew more than i actually did. anyways TO BRITISH ISSUES AND THEN TO THE BRITISH LECTURE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF CAMPUS, have to be there in 0 mins after my issues seminar =/

Has it not been cancelled? Considering we have a lot of snow here, there must be a lot down there!

Its a good day for me :D

Dear Daniel

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Network Rail. I am writing to inform you that we were impressed with your application and would like to invite you to complete our online tests.

To access and complete your online tests please visit our website at http://www.networkrailgraduates.co.uk and enter your Username and Registration ID (given below) into the login box provided.

Your Username is: xxx

Your Registration ID is: xxx

When you log in to your account on our website you will be provided with full instructions for the tests and how to complete them. You will also be given the opportunity to complete practice questions. You will be asked to complete the numerical reasoning test first which will be followed by the verbal reasoning test.

You are also required to complete a situational judgment test called "Graduate Scenarios". This test is designed to measure your ability to deal effectively with a range of early career managerial situations and to measure potential to make effective managerial decisions. You can access and complete the dilemmas test using the following link:

xxx

In order to continue with your application please ensure that you complete your tests within 5 days of the date of this email. You are required to complete all 3 tests for us to be able to consider your application further, however if we have not received the results of your Dilemmas test within the 5 day deadline but have received your numerical and verbal reasoning results we will continue to progress your application. However, we will not be able to invite you to the assessment centre stage until you have completed the dilemma test.

If you have any questions or special requirements please contact us by email to [email protected] or by telephone on 0845 601 4228.

Regards,

Network Rail Graduate Recruitment

Can't believe how committed I am coming in, took 1hr and 10 mins to get here, booo. The snow is so amazing though, love it!

Last night was fun, drinks then cinema and then drinks again. My friend and I were the only ones in our group not to walk out of Revolutionary Road, haha. He only stayed cos he didn't want to leave me alone, oops. It was out of principle and the hope that it would get better. Tbf the last 20 mins were more captivating than the rest of the film.

SNOW!

Yes, excited. Me and nomi are planning to have a snowball fight instead of Jugglesock..then pub, it shall be awesome. I haven't got proper gloves..must.call. becka. She has loads!

Managed to get a few things done today and now I get to relax until 6 WHEEEE.

Fit lads ahoy around too <3

Bit of a chore getting into work, but it was worth it though. I am currently doing some new stuff which is interesting.

I'm currently laughing at people who hoped the snow would stay long enough on the floor to build a snowman whilst it is melting away reletively quick. It has taken about 45 minutes to melt mostly out of the carpark from my message in the Snow thread.

As for the drinking age, remember that over here the "general" drinking age is 18, considerably lower than what most places state-side have.

That's right, they balance this out with their freakishly low [i say] driving age.

21 to drink, and 16 to drive :D I'm still only 19, so I can't go right out and buy stuff yet though. I've got a friend that can, and we use his basement since his mom doesn't care...much. I think she know some lawyers that she just omits such info...

my day wasnt to bad, college was boring as always. although we had a new lectuer today to replace another one, but im pretty sure he knows nothing about computers. other than that their nothing else to report.

its finaly the weekend for me though seeing as i dont have to be in college on mondays and fridays. :bouncy:

It's bloody freezing outside. Literally. Everything is frozen over now when not even 30 minutes previously there was no ice to be found.

Anyways, it was a good day at Uni. Got my practical experiment completed for Psychology. Have like 3 weeks to write it up now but no one knows how we've to write up the report as the lecturer didn't have the sheets to give out. Lecture was good fun as always as the lecture is nuts. He's Australian so what should I expect but he's good at what he teaches and has a good sense of humour. Not one of these stuck up pricks who can't have a laugh. Found out he used to own a handbag but he's saving that story for another time.

Kept forgetting the date today and when I remembered, it was like,' Why in the hell is this year going so fast?' These past 4/5 weeks have just flown by. Hope it doesn't continue the whole year.

Oh, and did I mention it cold outside?!?! :santa:

I just got a huge disappointment!

I'm part of an art club, and we get together and do art on weekends. We have an exhibition up at the moment.

So I was speaking to the two main women who run it the other day, and they said, (to my face) that they want it to be an exhibition of OUR art, not theirs (since they're established working artists - who sell their work everywhere)

THEN!!

I just went to see it just now, and only 2 of the pictures I submitted are up. And guess what, there's fucking hundreds of these women's pictures!! I could have easily had my 4 up if they hadn't been so selfish.

What really upsets me is how I painted the pictures especially for this exhibition, wich took hours of my life! And noone gets to see them!

:(

got an interview tommorow. woo and and indeed wheeeee.

sounds similar to somthing i went for last time, in which i went to the second interview and was forced into a mini bus, one it started i was told it was door to door sales, and that it was commision based. 9 hours later, i got to leave.

as long as it isnt door to door i dont care, but going into peoples homes, and workin all day knowing it might not get you anything, thats unbearable.

so fingers croissed it'l be a nice job.

To be fair Master Chief does wear that giant helmet :p

All the local schools were closed because of one inch of snow so it meant brats were everywhere at Tescos. Swines!

Other than that...average day. Finished my CV to be checked tomorrow. Done some reading. Organised a rough plan of this semester. Played World of Goo. Oh and picked up my Lazy Oaf hoody :D

Oh did find out the girl who said would be moving to London isn't which hardly surpises me. Which means I'll be on the housemate hunt again. Gumtree, here I come!

Kept forgetting the date today and when I remembered, it was like,' Why in the hell is this year going so fast?' These past 4/5 weeks have just flown by. Hope it doesn't continue the whole year.

I know what you mean. Just today it dawned on us that it's the beginning of February. By the end of March we need to have done all of our work set for us (It's quite a lot of practical/coursework work). Then by the very start of April we will be spending our monies on living and wasting the days away until July whilst we wait for our contract to run out with the accommodation place.

It's scarily close, 7 weeks away...

Ashley; you fell for it. For weeks ReZ has been saying "master cheif" rather than Master Chef, and we all knew he was doing it on purpose (and it's chief, not cheif, for the Halo dude)

Back from t'pub. Made it to juggling. Didn't really juggle much. That's it! Party/mate visiting tomorrow. As you were. For now; I've got 6 eps of house and Lost to watch. Wop.

Ashley; you fell for it. For weeks ReZ has been saying "master cheif" rather than Master Chef, and we all knew he was doing it on purpose (and it's chief, not cheif, for the Halo dude)

I know its chief not cheif (I did pass A-level Eng Lang after all :heh:) I was just factoring in ReZ's...yeah. ;)

Can't find my camera's charger which is a right pain. I need to find it tomorrow as I need it Saturday. Bloody pain.