N-Europe

SOAG: What's the deally-doo?

Recently I've been hella busy, yet I haven't done anything that seems worthy of a post on here. I'm coming to manchester tomorrow to see DazzyBee's play, hopefully with three other members from the Sheffield Shambles. I'm turning down a bar crawl and some juggling work (where I'd be getting paid in alcoholol!) for the occassion. Friday I'm off t'chesterfield for what should be some hi-larious goings on, then the weekend should be some HARDCORE essay writing in the face of Gears of War 2's temptation. Only 1500 words which should ease me into the next essay, which I think is due the following monday.

Plus, of course, I want to write more of my nanowrimo. All hugely interesting to you all. Side notes might be more interesting; we have a new mouse running around the flat, whom I call Munty. I've watched 38 episodes of One Piece, 6 of House. My mum, dad and sister had a meal together today to celebrate my sister's graduation - first time they've all been in the same room for 2 years. Then they all individually called me up to ask me questions about the gossip each had told the other. The girl I had a fling with over summer wants to come to sheffield and I keep telling her I'm busy. She's too weird to hang out with normally, regardless of certain awesome circumstances. I lost my ear mould and couldn't get through to the ENT department today, though I didn't try as hard as I should've. Ok so the interesting bits weren't interesting either. Sorry.

DJ MAX Clazziquai Edition is the BANE OF MY FUCKING LIFE.

*gets microscopes attatched to her eyes to see tiny 6b mode*

just calm down missy. appreciate my man stand then get mad.

edit. erm, not sure what that was about. i think i was surgesting you need the microscope to see my penis :/ well canabis and larger make me into some type of moron.

ok, last night i went to the pub with mates, had a couple of pints, picked up a few canns at the offie and went to the hills to set some fireworks off. some of my mates were saying it was shit before we even started, then fucked off half way through cos they were afraid of some kids on the outhertside of the field. we are all 21-22. guy who bought the fire works is pissed off at them, but all shud be ok. had a few more beers, then a little weed (don't get why its so popular) and had a nice time. met up with rest of the mates then went home and had dirty msn conversations with whoever was online, lol.

this moring i had my dole meeting, was late due to bus, but it was ok, some guy who had a free moment did my meeting, real legend. met up with a mate for a coffee, went home, played some fallout 3, had anouther mate come round and we watched 40 year old virgin before a seshion at the gym. i worked hard.

was having a nice day then me mam decided to do a combo breaker. had a go at me for not putting a plate and knife in the dishwasher. fair enough. then complained the house was a mess this morning. by that she means my socks and belt were in the study, along with the box of fosters cans. its was tidy by the time she got home. a bit picky but justified. then i mention my mate got a job at M&S. i get a bolocking for not applying for it. wtf? im applying for every shitty job i can find, i miss one retail temp job and she decides i'm not taking the job hunt seriosly. i could punch her, i really could. does she think i like going to the job center and living on hand outs, or that i like living at home with my parents? its bad enough that my extended family think im a failure for being on the dole, i could do without my own mother thinking the same.

edit!

just anaged to put a dent in the wall. internal door slipped out of my hand while i was dashing to let my dad in from the cold. my mams in a right mood about that, and i got a load of shit for giggling when she told me to be guarded when i open it next time.

might just kill meself to save her the bother.

why am always clumbsy at the worst possible moment?

Today was..odd. (Ignore any spelling, grammatical errors, I cba to check through).

I got screamed at by my head of sixth form today, first period. It was utterly embarassing, for him that is. I was in the study room, and he stormed in and started screaming at me from the door. He told me to come and see him straight away. I said "No, I'm busy doing my work, It's what I'm at college for after all isn't it, sir?" 9I had my fieldwork due in for next lesson, and it had to be completed). He then started spouting off shit about how having this attitude is reason enough for him to exclude me from college. I just said (well, shouted, I was fucked off by this point) "So, me wanting to do work at college is a reason to exclude me? I don't get it". A couple of my mates started laughing, and he shouted something odd and wondered off.

All this is over a medical form I handed in three weeks ago, reception lost, and him saying I never handed it in. But the fact is, I couldn't of gone of the sponsered walk had I not handed it in, so therefore they most definitely had it at that point in time.

When I caught up with him third period, he made an attempt to apologise, and then ended up telling me he had recieved lost of complaints from teachers about me. I asked from who, because surely they should be speaking to me about it, and he said "Oh, well not from teachers, but from administration" (So, i.e him, and the deputy head of sixth form who is also a gingantic wazzock). I'm so glad everyone else hates this new guy, and next week at least half of sixth form is making a group complaint about him. Good times.

Had a lecture and an open practical session, on writing the report up for the practical we did in Psychology. Nothing exciting. Not happy though. Just found out I have a Biology practical tomorrow afternoon from 2 till 3.30 which means I'll be working solidly from several hours without a break. I could have sworen that the practical was next week but guess not. So I've had to quickly print out all of the stuff I'll need for it as it's a stupid enzyme practical and what we have to do is explained on it. It's another group thing though so at least I won't be working on my own. Better not be as awkward as last week though. Two people and one pipette made for some awkward silence.

Whats up? If you don't mind me asking :)

SOAG: What's the deally-doo?

Well I'm not sure really its a lot of things, Girls away for a week so im bored and home alone, its bloody freezing even with the heating on, I work a hell of a lot and dont seem to get any time to relax, and what happened on here the other night has really upset me.

Yes I know its only the net but i get hurt easily lol.

I'm daft I know.

My day has been pretty shit, to be honest.

Woke up, and just didn't wanna get out of bed. I'd planned two lessons pretty thoroughly, for my year 8's and 9's, and I was hoping today would go pretty smoothly.

Basically, for the Year 9's, they're transforming a revision guide into an amusing article, poking fun at revision guides. We went through the whole thing on Monday, and it was actually a pretty decent lesson.

Today, they just didn't know what day of the week it was. Nothing just seemed to go to plan. At the end of it, I was exhausted, and a little deflated, which didn't help as I had my year 8s next.

So, they came into the class. I was in a different room, and the tables had been changed by the form group, again. Normally, the children have a seating plan, but this all went to shit because they fucked with the layout. So, gave them a chance, and tried to be flexible with the seating. Some parts of the lesson were ok, I was reading a chapter out of "Noughts and Crosses" by Malorie Blackman, and they were picking out good details from the text. But, after that, they didn't fully engage with the activity, and we ended up having to spend a bit more time on that. So, my final activity had to be cut drastically short. In between all of this, a few of them were loud, and sometimes it does piss me off to be in a girl's school.

I don't understand the purpose of a girl's school. Girls talk. Too much. So, shove them all in one school, and they won't stay quiet for too long. They want to chat. About EVERYTHING. Makeup, what they did last night. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think the fact I'm a male changes their attitude towards me as a teacher. Because the school has a feminine ethos, I think they respond much better to a female teacher than me. Especially as they know I'm a trainee, so won't be there forever.

On top of that, got loads of work to do. Feeling pretty shitty and pessimistic.

My day has been pretty shit, to be honest.

Woke up, and just didn't wanna get out of bed. I'd planned two lessons pretty thoroughly, for my year 8's and 9's, and I was hoping today would go pretty smoothly.

Basically, for the Year 9's, they're transforming a revision guide into an amusing article, poking fun at revision guides. We went through the whole thing on Monday, and it was actually a pretty decent lesson.

Today, they just didn't know what day of the week it was. Nothing just seemed to go to plan. At the end of it, I was exhausted, and a little deflated, which didn't help as I had my year 8s next.

So, they came into the class. I was in a different room, and the tables had been changed by the form group, again. Normally, the children have a seating plan, but this all went to shit because they fucked with the layout. So, gave them a chance, and tried to be flexible with the seating. Some parts of the lesson were ok, I was reading a chapter out of "Noughts and Crosses" by Malorie Blackman, and they were picking out good details from the text. But, after that, they didn't fully engage with the activity, and we ended up having to spend a bit more time on that. So, my final activity had to be cut drastically short. In between all of this, a few of them were loud, and sometimes it does piss me off to be in a girl's school.

I don't understand the purpose of a girl's school. Girls talk. Too much. So, shove them all in one school, and they won't stay quiet for too long. They want to chat. About EVERYTHING. Makeup, what they did last night. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think the fact I'm a male changes their attitude towards me as a teacher. Because the school has a feminine ethos, I think they respond much better to a female teacher than me. Especially as they know I'm a trainee, so won't be there forever.

On top of that, got loads of work to do. Feeling pretty shitty and pessimistic.

Aww flinky - I'm sure it will get better for you. High school kids are little shits sometimes. I think I'd scream if I had to teach anyone - not to mention kids that age >_<

Also Noughts and Crosses is an epic book. =)

Aww flinky - I'm sure it will get better for you. High school kids are little shits sometimes. I think I'd scream if I had to teach anyone - not to mention kids that age >_<

Also Noughts and Crosses is an epic book. =)

I think I'm more pissed off at myself for not being more flexible and dealing with it better.

It is a great book, and I loved it. I cried when I read the ending on the Eurostar, going home.

I dunno, its a few other things, too. Feeling pretty lonely, and just need cheering up I think.

I think I'm more pissed off at myself for not being more flexible and dealing with it better.

It is a great book, and I loved it. I cried when I read the ending on the Eurostar, going home.

I dunno, its a few other things, too. Feeling pretty lonely, and just need cheering up I think.

You say you are training, you must be relatively new? You've been thrown in at the deep end with that age group. But maybe that's the best way to go about it. And one day you'll look back and laugh about it. You'll get used to it all sooner rather than later, have faith in yourself! :smile:

Spent a fair bit of the day cleaning for the remote possibility that my family may come back here tomorrow. Ah well, needed tidying up a bit I suppose. Cleaned the hamster's cage too.

Got a text off a friend asking if I can video edit so I rang him back and we met in town. Hes doing a HND in...something to do with construction sites and they have to do a health and safety video and unsuprisingly nobody knows how to video edit so I said I'll help. They're doing a musical version though. Should be...something.

Spent a fair bit of the day cleaning for the remote possibility that my family may come back here tomorrow. Ah well, needed tidying up a bit I suppose. Cleaned the hamster's cage too.

Got a text off a friend asking if I can video edit so I rang him back and we met in town. Hes doing a HND in...something to do with construction sites and they have to do a health and safety video and unsuprisingly nobody knows how to video edit so I said I'll help. They're doing a musical version though. Should be...something.

hamsters are so cool!

i miss mine :(

yeh yeh - still feeling sick bleargh...

wish i could get this appetite back in action - the thought of food is awful

n i like me food dammit!

hamsters are so cool!

i miss mine :(

yeh yeh - still feeling sick bleargh...

wish i could get this appetite back in action - the thought of food is awful

n i like me food dammit!

Mine is so nervous and scared though. Poor thing. She freezes up if I move suddenly (while like on my bed or whatever) and often darts back into her house. I know it takes time but I just wish she wasn't so scared.

Sorry to hear you're feeling crapy :(

Mine is so nervous and scared though. Poor thing. She freezes up if I move suddenly (while like on my bed or whatever) and often darts back into her house. I know it takes time but I just wish she wasn't so scared.

Sorry to hear you're feeling crapy :(

ah!i had one like that! just be patient and she'll be fine!

i also had one that was quite violent and took a chunk out of my dads finger..(!)..

and while thinking about it there was one i should have called "houdini" cause he always escaped from his cage..lol

yeh.. been feeling like crap all week!.. just for some reason the thot of food has been me feel a bit bleargh..

not a good thing when i had an essay due in today..lol..

You say you are training, you must be relatively new? You've been thrown in at the deep end with that age group. But maybe that's the best way to go about it. And one day you'll look back and laugh about it. You'll get used to it all sooner rather than later, have faith in yourself! :smile:

I'm on a strange course. Basically, I've spent two seperate two month sessions at a Primary School, and one previous two month stint at another Secondary School. I didn't enjoy the Secondary one there either. Hmm, Primary is the way to go I think.