NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Games you Hate, But everyone else loves

Halo, FFVII and GT. Well I don't HATE them, they're not horrible games, but I think they're undeserving of the praise they get.

Before I forget, Battlefield 2 (and all onwards) can, to be quite frankly honest, go and die in a hole.

1942 (especially with the Desert Combat mod) and 'Nam is where it's at for Battlefield.

Also, I don't know how I forgot about this one first time around, but GTA games are brilliant fun until you buy them yourself.

"I spent forty quid on this!?"

Any game where stealth is required. I can't comprehend such actions.

Alot of you have gone for Metroid Prime, and I gotta agree with you. It seems too dull, rewards aren't very rewarding and I just don't find it very fun to play. Not my cup of tea.

Animal Crossing is another one. Read all the reviews, saw the good press about it and even imported it from the US for my GC and couldn't get to grips with it. Way too boring for me. Now its only my younger female cousin who likes it.

GTA is another game I don't particular like. Its not bad, but I don't find it THAT great.

Well since we are making a list...

Mine are in no particular order..

GoW

Halo 1+2

MGS:TS I liked the original just not this

Dare I say.....Resi 4

All Mario Games

Got to be Splinter Cell. I seriously hate those games. I'm actually in pain when playing them. I just don't know what the fuck to do in them.

I quite liked the splinter cell series.....very linear indeed but at the time, I thought they were decent.

Halo and Project Gotham. Words can't do justice the hate that I feel for these two games.

Mine is final fantasy 10 , apparently every1 liked it a lot , i didn't the main character was queer , and viva pinata that game is deceives you into buying it and it says its for 3 year olds then it like something 15yrs older would understand

I'm trying to think of something original to say... how about FIFA!? Sales are always through the roof but the game is just... unplayable!

I'm impressed with the level of Metroid dislikery here, I thought I was the only one! I cant pinpoint what it is about the games, but they just dont seem engaging or something. In Metroids defense, I do rate Fusion as a good game - but I've not even had the will to complete that, lol.

I see alot of good/ great games mentioned in this thread though, some of you guys needa sort your gaming tastes out!! :heh:

ANimal Crossing, i was addicted for a while, to the point i thought, "wait, where the fuck am i going with this?" and it just loost all meaning to me.

Also as Bluejay said, Stealth games, just too slow for me.

Oblivion- Seriously, how can people even compare western RPGs to Eastern ones? They just aint in the same league. I ound this boring and lifeless.

Advance Wars- I dont hate it I just cant get into them, I much prefer the sword and socery aspect of Fire Emblem and FE games also have a better story.

Yeah with ash mat there n caris , animal crossing crap i will try to go on it but it boring you wonder like , why am i playing a camp little kid running round collecting things i don't need in life.

I bet some one we know and play gears with put in Rainbow six

bet you can all guess who

I thought I was the only person who hated Animal Crossing. Fucking shite game man. Wondering around collecting useless shite, and the main character looked gay beyond belief.

BG&E, I played it on pc for a bit and I thought it was not too great tbh. Nowhere near what I thought it would be.

-GTA: I never liked the controls. Always felt unresponsive (The car driving is neat, though). Plus, I don't like the atmosphere.

-Tomb Raider: Once again, the controls. The puzzles and story were good, but the slow and unresponsive controls always turned me off.

-Halo: Most overrated FPS ever.

-Final Fantasy 7: Good for its time, but has been easily surpassed. There are better RPGs (Final Fantasy 9, Golden Sun 2, Mario & Luigi series, Tales of Symphonia, etc.). Still above Baten Kaitos, though.

-Mario Kart: Just meh. There are better racing games (F-Zero, Burnout) and better party games (Smash Bros. Melee).

-Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess: Has been in development for such a long time, yet its predecessors have more and better side-quests? Please.

-Gran Turismo/Collin McRae Rally series: Racing simulators don't appeal to me.

-Pro Evolution Soccer: I don't like football, so it's a no-brainer that a football simulator bores me.

-The Sims: Once again, real-life simulator. As you have probably guessed, I don't like those.

I'm sure there are more, though.

F-Zero, too linear.

Halo, popular only to the brainless masses.

and Metroid Prime, the game just felt hollow.

Oh yeah that's an obvious one, WoW, played a 10-day trial, stopped after 6. How people become addicted i don't know.

Glad people didn't like Animal Crossing....I might have liked it if I were 10 but I just don't see the point of the game. Going around, doing chores for your "friends" so you can decorate your house....psh what a load of bollocks.

But I just think its down to the maturity and experience of the gamer tbh. I just prefer something with more substance, which goes more deeper, and there's an actual story line and plot to keep you playing.

It did. Crap levels, and despite the game having all those different objectives, they were all completed by just killing the enemy in the same way.

Oh yeah that's an obvious one, WoW, played a 10-day trial, stopped after 6. How people become addicted i don't know.

This, except replace 6 for 2.