Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The N-Europe results hyper archive sensation 2007

Dan_Dare

I got my final BA Honours English Studies on tuesday, got a 2:2. Was hoping for a 2:1 but not to worry! Annoyingly missed out by 2% and I can put that down to a 40% I got earlier this year, by a teach who said I clearly had no grasp of the module, odd how I then went on to get a 2:1 in the exam....Got a 2:1 in every exam and essay bar one since that 40% so I can't be blamed for not trying...

Also got a 2:1 for my disertation which was a script writing project based in a shop, my girlfriend seems to have confidence in it and I agreed that if I got a 2:1 or higher for it I'd send it off to the BBC and Channel 4 so looks like I'm off to that!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my final BA Honours English Studies on tuesday, got a 2:2. Was hoping for a 2:1 but not to worry! Annoyingly missed out by 2% and I can put that down to a 40% I got earlier this year, by a teach who said I clearly had no grasp of the module, odd how I then went on to get a 2:1 in the exam....Got a 2:1 in every exam and essay bar one since that 40% so I can't be blamed for not trying...

Also got a 2:1 for my disertation which was a script writing project based in a shop, my girlfriend seems to have confidence in it and I agreed that if I got a 2:1 or higher for it I'd send it off to the BBC and Channel 4 so looks like I'm off to that!

so annoying when a result or two really pull down what are otherwise great grades. Almost happened to mine - bloody 3 hour media exam.

Same here, my score finally averaged out at 55.5. Well pissed off. I guess I'll have to buckle down pr0 style for the next year.

That what I got in second year exactly but I just found out I managed to pull my grade up to scrape (and i mean scrape, by less than 0.1%) a 2:1. How awesomely flukey is that? What's interesting is I haven't managed over 60% in a core exam, my grades have been pulled up with the short options, BA essay and presentation which are worth very few marks, but I've gotten over 80% in them all, so my grade was pulled up by non-physics related stuff. yay.

i'm well pissed off. My tutor said i'd pass tutorial no worries, just to concentrate on exams, i did. On my results sheet it says that i failed tutorial due to poor attendance! FOR FUCKS SAKE!

So now, i've emailed here, and i'm going to read the reply and try and get to ring her and talk to her over the phone monday. If she refuses to see my point of view/admit a mistake with attendance, i'll have to resist 1 module, do an extra tutorial assessment, and a data handling assessment over the next 6 weeks.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . .

That what I got in second year exactly but I just found out I managed to pull my grade up to scrape (and i mean scrape, by less than 0.1%) a 2:1. How awesomely flukey is that? What's interesting is I haven't managed over 60% in a core exam, my grades have been pulled up with the short options, BA essay and presentation which are worth very few marks, but I've gotten over 80% in them all, so my grade was pulled up by non-physics related stuff. yay.

I hate exams, they can't prepare you for the outside world. I prefer essays because you have a deadline, you do research and take your time so to speak. Hopefully I'll pimpsmack everyone with my dissertation, which actually is on videogames so here's hoping I'll be more enthusiastic.

Letter came today, clearing up most of what i have to do.

Since i didn't get 80% attendance in my tutorials-FFS-i'll need to do a 2000 word essay about either the future of biofuels or how britans temperature may change as a result of climate change. I'll need to get above 40% in this essay aka should be piss easy.

Then i also need to resist the one module i was just below the pass rate in, this is because when you pass tutorial you get a compensative pass in any modules over 35% but below 40%. I need to get over a minimum of 35% in the exam-which again shouldn't be too hard as i'll just have to buy the textbook again-try seeing if the library here has it first-and revise my little butt off.

thank fuck i haven't been able to find a job so i can concentrate 100% on these 2 assessments.

I hate exams, they can't prepare you for the outside world. I prefer essays because you have a deadline, you do research and take your time so to speak. Hopefully I'll pimpsmack everyone with my dissertation, which actually is on videogames so here's hoping I'll be more enthusiastic.

I hate exams. I agree, coursework is more like something you will encounter in the real world. Plus I do better at it when I can be arsed. My dissertation should rock as I'll give it my all.

Hehe, i am the complete opposite.

My course work this year sucked like a Henry, whereas i whupped ass in my exams.

I'm going to be shit in the outside world when i can't just memorise a topic and then dump my mind onto the paper in one go.

Someone explain these fancy Uni results to me? 2:1? That could be code for get the hell out of Uni for all I know.

Does anybody who is doing their second year at college with A-Levels, know when the results come back?

As I really do not have a clue :(

16th of Aug for me.

Someone explain these fancy Uni results to me? 2:1? That could be code for get the hell out of Uni for all I know.

16th of Aug for me.

university isn't rated with letters. the best you can get is a 1st - that's getting over 70%. then 2:1 which is 60-69%, 2:2 is 50-59% and a third is 40-49%. Below that is a fail.

I've averaged 65.666etc this year, with a paltry 56 (or 54, can't remember) pulling my average down. Curses! On;y my first year mind, so hopefulyl I can do better when it counts..

Best uni result is a first, then it's a 2:1 then 2:2, then a third.

The majority of people want a 2:1 or a first. To get a first you'll need to score an average of about 70%, which is pretty hard.

oh yeah, and the first year in most cases is just pass or fail and doesn't contribute to your final degree result. Your second year and third year are extremely important, and your final year usually involves a massive piece of work that contributes most of that years score.

Blimey so that's where the phrase third degree burns comes from.

EDIT: Wow my shit joke killed the thread. If only I could make the ultimate crap joke in the Meaningless Post thread to kill that bastard off.

Passed my first year Film and Tv Course HNC.

Had to produce, write and direct a 10 minute factual programme which I completed even though it was pretty uninteresting analysis of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I've been predicted with an A by my lecturers but I'll find out for sure in August. Huzzah!

Got a 2:2 overall this year. Brought down by the dreaded group project, where no one does any work apart from me. I hope everyone else in my group FAILED that module, but the bit of code I did was good enough for a c-. A group project is one thing I was hoping I wouldn't have to resit.

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds quite cool, with the gowns and such. Congrats anyway.

Did you not get one of those hats?

no, the leeds uni set didnt have them :( someone brought in one and we took a few pics, but i dont like how those pics turned out.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!