N-Europe

How Forgiving Are You?

Fierce_LiNk

I'll forgive everything that happens immediately around me so far in life, on one condition: they admit to what they've done/said.

Of course, not much really bad stuff has happened to me or those around me in my life so far, so I don't know how I'll react when something bad does go down...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time I try to understand why someone has done something and forgive them. However there are certain people I have really really tried to forgive just so I can move on myself and perhaps regain lost friendships but I just can't bring myself to do it. Some pains just go too deep and I do wonder if I will ever forgive them.

I've forgiven you already, for creating such an awful thread.:p

joking

You're only really meant to do this when it is a bad thread :P

Don't follow blindly, don't obey stupid rules, don't trust anyone who didn't earn your trust.

This. I have slight trust issues. So if someone I trust does something, it's gonna take them doing something to regain my trust before I can forgive them.

But then, I can think of possibly 2 maybe 3 people I can say I trust, so I'm not sure it overly matters, most people I couldn't give a shit about what they say or do so :zzz:

If by forgive you mean not being bothered to be angry ignore someone, then very. I find it very difficult to be deliberately hostile to someone. However I find it very easy to just not put any effort into making conversation, or generally just treating them as a complete randomer. If someone pisses me off I just don't make the effort of being their friend. If they make the effort to be friendly ill usually be firends again very quickly.

Basically, I don't put any effort into anything, ever.

In my opinion, if you trust someone and they do something to break that trust, you will never go back to trusting them 100% again. You may forgive them (depending on the severity) but there'll always be something in your head making you think '..but oh yeh, remember that time when..' so it can leave you always having doubts.

As for me personally, I have this terrible thing where I pretty much always remember when someone has wronged me, or done something I didn't like and, well.. I wouldn't say I hold it against them but sometimes I would start remembering it/ thinking about it and it just gets to me all over again to the point where I probably have to go and bring it up again. That, you can imagine, could lead to unnecessary annoyances and arguments :heh:

My girlfriend probably knows about that better than anyone.. (I can get frustrated by things that probably shouldn't even matter. For example, I will probably never be able to really enjoy a Ryan Reynolds movie again because of something stupid. But hey.. that's me..)

Sometimes it is just too hard to let things go..

In my opinion, if you trust someone and they do something to break that trust, you will never go back to trusting them 100% again. You may forgive them (depending on the severity) but there'll always be something in your head making you think '..but oh yeh, remember that time when..' so it can leave you always having doubts.

As for me personally, I have this terrible thing where I pretty much always remember when someone has wronged me, or done something I didn't like and, well.. I wouldn't say I hold it against them but sometimes I would start remembering it/ thinking about it and it just gets to me all over again to the point where I probably have to go and bring it up again. That, you can imagine, could lead to unnecessary annoyances and arguments :heh:

My girlfriend probably knows about that better than anyone.. (I can get frustrated by things that probably shouldn't even matter. For example, I will probably never be able to really enjoy a Ryan Reynolds movie again because of something stupid. But hey.. that's me..)

Sometimes it is just too hard to let things go..

have i ever "wronged" you?

There isn't gonna be an argument.. it's insane to even suggest that is gonna happen :heh:

To clarify: magicbuttons has never 'wronged' me and I trust that she never would :smile: My post wasn't very clear, unfortunately :hmm: I was talking about people wronging me in general, not my girlfriend as she hasn't ever, which is great.. but even she will tell you that I get slightly annoyed by 'stupid' things, but it never gets out of hand :heh:

Everything's cool : peace:

I am extremely forgiving, to the point where it's let me be screwed over by people multiple times, I'm a nice guy, i'm not going to judge you on what you've done usually, especially if I get to know you.

That said, I'm extremely unforgiving online, I still don't like triforce_keeper for some shitty posts he made a year ago, it's not that I don't like him as such, but I instantly assume his posts to be of a lower standard.

More things

If you have a lot of numbers in your name

if you use alternating caps, CAPS, no caps, your real life name, leet and stupid names like VaMPIRESlAyER

Your posts lack punctuation

Avatar to related to Drugs, an operating system or console

I will instantly form a bad opinion of you and look down at you, I won't personally attack you over it of course.

For me first impressions are everything.

I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person, what's the good of holding a grudge? I don't see where it will get you, other than make you bitter. I believe everyone should be allowed to make mistakes, and they should be forgiven for them, but not if they make the same mistake twice. In that case, depending on circumstances, I may or may not forgive them.

I say this, but I haven't had anything particularly major happen that I could hold a grudge over, I've done somethings which lead to people hating me, and remember at the time wishing they'd give me a chance to explain or such. In such a case, by the same token, I'd like to be forgiven. If I did the same thing twice? Well, then I guess they're free not to forgive me. I won't bother to waste my time with someone who keeps screwing up though, I'll try not to hold a grudge, but I won't make any effort either.

I'm very forgiving. Too forgiving sometimes.

The only person I don't speak to is a girl I was friends with for years. Always craved attention, try to commit suicide countless times, all for attention. Became a lesbian because most of our other friends were gay. I went to Australia with another friend, (a girl) and this other girl slept with her girlfriend, then travelled 9000 miles to tell us.

Even after that I still spoke to her when I returned to England, only stopped when she snobbed us all off for her girlfriend, (my friends ex).

Very rarely hold a grudge and accept that people can change. There are people I really didn't get on with at school who I'm now good mates with, for example. But then no-one's done anything utterly horrific to me so I've not been in the position of being able to forgive someone for something like that so I can't say if I could.