Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Part time jobs

Stocka

I used to work in this grotty cafe, it was the worst place ever. The man I worked with was about 60, never washed his hands, left me with all the washing up as they were too cheap to have a dishwasher, talked constantly about the airforce and had a nasty skin condition :(

Now Im taking a break until after my exams, where I shall probably go work in another cafe...

Actually, at the moment I am doing the illustrating for a book about activities for children at school. The author is crazy.

I'm currently working at Waitrose 9 1/2 hours a week, 4.31 an hour. Was finding it okay at first but it's become really tedious and the staff treat me like shit. At the end of April I plan on quitting this job, focus on working hard for my AS exams in may/june, relaxing in the summer and enjoying the two holidays I am going on, and then begin a new job in September as I start A2.

Not sure what to do for my new job then though, which is why I thought this thread would perhaps give me some ideas. I've considered places like Gamestation, or a restaurant, as you get tips at restaurants. Tips give you an incentive to work hard rather than just shitty hour shifts so that's looking pretty tempting at the moment.

I work at subways and i hate it! Thank god i´m quitting, i´m thinking about not showing up after i complained about a guy i work with and my boss told him it was me who complained.... and i hate that annoying bitch, keeps talking to me like i´m 10 years old.

I don't have a job anymore. My last job was working at John lewis but it was only for christmas. i worked something likem 15 hours a week and got paid £4.65 an hour (but £7.10 on Sundays). I think I earned about £349 a month.

I work at Asda, 15 hours a week, at night. 9pm-5am Thursday and Friday night. Buggers my sleep pattern up, but I get by. Money is good enough, soon to be £7.80 an hour. Don't really care for the people there (other than family members who work at the same store), and I couldn't care less about the store. Yet I always make sure I do the best I can, because thats just the way I am.

Guest Stefkov

When I get the chance, like tonight, I work at the Ukrainian club. Get a good enough wage as my dad kinda runs it so he rounds it up etc.

Shouls get my by while I try to find a real part time job.

I work at a holiday park in sherwood forest, Making beds in cabins and mainly cleaning up realy. I work every Saturday (Today being one of them) aswell as some Fridays when im off. The pay is good, £5-£7 (Depending on who it is behind the desk) an hour, cash in hand. And you sometimes get to drive the golf buggy :D

I use to work in restaurants - part time waiter but the conditions and what not were rubbish and so was the wage.

One was £40 for a 11/12 hour shift (it all depended) and the other was £5 an hour but now I am working as part of a banqueting staff in a hotel (£5.35 an hour and shifts can vary. Usual hours in 5 to midnight but can stay on until 3am which doesn't bother me). the job is mainly dealing with party functions and what not but had my first shift on the tuesday just passed and I don't know if I totally enjoyed it - I found it pretty easy but I'll see what happens, hopefully it will get better.

I'm tempted in getting another part time job as well as keeping my current one.

I do a Paper Round for around £50 a week. Takes me about 3/4 of an hour to complete and I do it everyday except sunday.

I help a little old lady friend, It's more helping her because I care, not for profit but she usualy gives me five pounds for the two hours I'm there saturday morning.

I get five pounds a week for hoovering the house monday to friday.

Lastly is five pounds dinner money, that I don't spend.

About £65 a week, it's not hard either apart from gcse study support after school then having to rush and do a big paper round.

I made about £35 over the last TWO weeks.. love the minimum wage.. and the measly 4 hours a week on a Saturday..

augh well.. still think I'm gonna go blow some money on Yoshi Touch & Go in a minute.. I feel really in the mood for some touch screen games, and with the summer coming up I get to play them all outside in the sunshine :yay:

I'll just not eat for a week :heh:

Hehe, my job is awesome!

I work as a hospital porter and get £6.10 an hour basic pay. £9.00on saturdays, and £12 on sundays or public holidays.

For an 8hour shift i get around £50. It's wicked.

Admittedly i only work during the holidays, as the shifts can't be fitted around uni or school times, but i earn enough during the holidays to keep me going.

Minimum wage for the loss :(

I'm currently applying to places like Sainsbury's (The largest in England after being revamped is about 15mins away) all my friends got jobs there. Now they are leaving and I'm going to join.

Currently I'm working in a newsagents and hate it apart from the legend of a mate, we both going to quit at the same time, and seeing as the other staff are complete utter shite.. they are sooooooo screwed!

Hmm need to get one or maybe two extra jobs. Should be fine to work in the pubaurant I worked at last summer. Will pop there tomorrow/later to check but should be fine. Also going to see this wedding photographer I've known for years, see if I can lend a hand.

Need to work like a bitch this summer (again) because I want to save up to another 4 grand before September.