Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What do you Collect?

The3rdChildren

Inspired by Arab Freak's thread (never thought I'd ever say that!) with the NES maniac's impressive collection, what sorta stuff do you guys collect? Time to reveal another of your dark, possibly dorky, secrets to the N-Europe massive.

I collect toys like a little saddo. Haven't bought any new ones for ages though as I'm really poor at the moment, but I guess I'll throw up some pics later or something - room is a mess though. I really ought to focus on one particular series or company, but my toy desires are far too scattered for that.

For some reason I collect vinyls of bands I like. I dont have a record player or anything so they just sit here in my room looking pretty. I especially like the rare or limited edition ones where only x amount are made.

I also have shit loads of DVDs and CDs.

Nothing really, though I used to collect a ton of crap as a kid.

Collected plushies and teddybears, stamps (my uncle gave me a book with some once, that's how it started), rocks/stones/minerals, a particular comic (Suske en Wiske/Bob and Bobette), snow globes, crap to hang from my ceiling like those things that make noise, animal posters...

And now I just seem to collect mess in my room. My own mess. =D

Killer 7 things.

The UK Cube version, the UK PS2 version, Jap Cube version, the 4 comics currently avaliable, a flashlight, t-shirt, 2 posters and a rare DVD that came with pre orders in Japan.

I'm looking for the Killer 7: Kill the Past, Jump Over the Age book. It's in Japanese and i've already read the online translation, but dammit, I want it.

I also want the soundtrack, but it's £50 on Amazon.... Japan.

Guest Stefkov

I collected postcards when I was a kid. Most of them are from Germany, I'll post up my favourite one in a bit, i need to restart my pc...

I love collecting random electronic stuff, I have a motherboard and some other old stuff in a bag somewhere. I used to collect toys, I rarely get them anymore.

My best ever postcard:

img001qr4.th.png

For some reason I collect vinyls of bands I like. I dont have a record player or anything so they just sit here in my room looking pretty. I especially like the rare or limited edition ones where only x amount are made.

i do exactly the same, except I also buy the cd's in all the flavours and all the radio promo cd's etc. I must have some songs on at least 10 different cd's and records. I only do it for my absolute favourite bands, as to buy literally everything is very expensive.

Men

Dirty whore :p

DVDs, currently got 28 TV season boxsets and 2 complete series boxset and like four films.

I also want to collect that kinda stuff, but don't have the financial backing at present.

Otherwise, nothing really...not that I can think of anyway.

So you went down to Wilkinsons and bought a bag of them?

It's not really on topic, but can you actually just buy a load of rocks in Wilkinsons?

I've always been amazed by Wilkinsons, it's a rather overlooked store in my opinion, but I've thought of them as a sort of old woolworths, and they do sell an amazing range of stuff!

I used to collect £1 coins when they started changing the designs on them, like they put the lions on it and stuff, but I stopped that after a while. I was just amazed with how shiny they were, and they had different stuff on the back!