N-Europe

Valentine's day

Whizkid

I wouldn't say Valentines Day was a complete waste of time.

Yeah, of course you should tell someone you love them all the time. (if you have someone you love)

But, finding the time to just spend time with a loved one is really quite difficult sometimes. I think we can all agree that life is hectic and so many things just get in the way, be it work, school, university, long distances, other problems, other issues.

It's like Christmas, in a way. Just setting time aside for someone else. To spend time with someone without letting all this other stuff get in the way.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to pretend its not valentines day, and wait till april the 6th or near :)

But what is Sephiroth sends you a valentines card...

This year, my plan is to sex up some people using the cunning ploy of sending hundreds of valograms around our school. Pretty cunning. :grin:

I'm mixed about it. I get to buy my girlfriend nice flowers and chocolates and take her out for a meal. Which is good.

The bad thing is it feels like there is so much pressure to deliver an amazing day. And then on that day you have to talk about how much you love them, etc. Now, I don't have a problem with that last bit, it's just that it feels like you have to, and therefore I don't want to. And you can bet that girls compare what their boyfriends and them did on Valentines day; and you can bet some girls get annoyed if a friend's boyfriend did something better, etc. And it annoys me that it seems to be a day where shitty boyfriends pull out all the stops. It's about all the other days in between!

So basically: If no one ever talked about Valentines day then it would be awesome.

i pretty much totally agree with you, Wes. Last year, as my girlfriend and I walked through Leeds on valentine's day, she kept pointing out all the people with roses, and all the rose-sellers who were, nearly completely literally, on every goddamn street-corner..

She couldn't see that the two reasons she pointed out as reasons I should get her a rose were two precise reasons why I didn't. If you give your girl a rose any other day of the year, she's going to be grinning at least twice as madly. PLUS she doesn't even like roses, as they remind her of death...

Weirdly, later that night we went to buy our 'romantic dinner' at ASDA (chicken fajitas!), and God himself gave her a rose and me a yorkie bar. Well ok, he was a church missionary... but I figure that this was a sign that I needn't have to buy her a rose EVER.

I'll probably give her some flowers the weekend before v-day.

Valentines day sucks ass, it also sucks ass it's so close to my birthday.

The best thing that happened to me on Feb 14th of any year was last year when i had some really amazing sex.

Valentines day isn't about love, its about cliche and being annoying. It's a time when relationships are usually put under strain and single people feel neglected and stuff. I'm very happy that i have never been in a relationship on valentines day, and as much as i can appreciate a good long relationship i can never see myself ever 'celebrating' this day. I would have to tell the person i was with that "i'm not going to do anything for it other than be normal and see you and you better not buy me anything or do anything OTT or else i'll slap ya :heh:"

Thats my 2 cents anywho.

• 2 weeks later...
What a load of old tosh.

/discuss

THANKS FUCK!!!!

change title to Valentines Sucks Ass!

even if your in a relationship if you need a day to show how you feel and be romantic you deserve to be shot you fucking ****! grrrrrr!!!

needless to say i hate valentines