N-Europe

what's your difficulty?

When you start a game what is the level you start on.i usually give out to people for starting games like halo on easy or whatever just to see all the game.

I personally like to take my time with games.But its a real thing with me.i HAVE to play it on the hardest difficulty no matter what! it really causes a problem with some games.So i prefer for games to give you the hard option after completing normal(like metroid primes)

So whats your difficulty?

I always go for the normal level. I hate playing through on easy as the sense of accomplishment is really diminished. However I find that certain games are too hard to play through on hard the first time around. I'll usually go back and do it on hard if I really like that game. In Resident Evil though I always choose the harder over the easier as there is initially only two settings. I also found the hard mode on Killer 7 really silly as some of the puzzles are very random and not based wholey in the world of logic.

It's a shame more games don;t give better incentives to play through on different levels of difficulty. Most are pretty dull, you take more damage, enemies take less etc. At best you get a few more enemies to blast with a little less ammo.

Now Goldeneye, that was great. The whole idea of having more objectives and a more complex mission as the difficulty went up was brilliant. It really added replay value to the game and made you want to come back and beat everything.

i go with the default.

except on tony hawks games where beating each one gives you something. in which case i play easy to hard.

Tony Hawk's games had difficulty levels? o_o

I usually start on Normal. Enough to get used to the game, not so easy that you fly through it. Games like RE4 I'm definitely glad I didn't start on easy since it skips huge parts out.