Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stocka

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like buying from Play. It's too slow, even Amazon.com and VG+ are faster, and half of the stuff arrives damaged. The customer service is a pain in the as well. Once they wrote 33 punds instead of 12 and I ended up with about 20 punds in taxes.

I agree play.com are great.

I've been using them since they were called play247.com. Delivery times back then were a lot better but im guessing less customers? or cheaper? But anyway I'm not fussed about delivery times as its free and I dont normally wait much longer than 3 or 4 days.

Over the years I've had some free stuff and some odd things sent to me like the other month I ordered the dark knight and ended up being sent Lego Batman for the wii. :s Thanks play!

I agree play.com are great.

I've been using them since they were called play247.com. Delivery times back then were a lot better but im guessing less customers? or cheaper? But anyway I'm not fussed about delivery times as its free and I dont normally wait much longer than 3 or 4 days.

Over the years I've had some free stuff and some odd things sent to me like the other month I ordered the dark knight and ended up being sent Lego Batman for the wii. :s Thanks play!

Back in the day Amazon's delivery service was uber. Its still good now but i've definitely noticed a change over here. Maybe cause they have both grown in popularity.

I've never used play...heard a few bad things about the delivery so I stuck with what I know. Amazon all the way, baby! \o/

Play.com are my personal favourite - done over 500 orders with them and only had 1 problem, where they failed to deliver a printer, but it wasn't a big deal. All my pre-orders have arrived a day before or on release date, apart from a small handful (Chrono Trigger DS, extra Nunchunk and Wind Waker) but it happens sometimes. Angers me when people say "ugh I'm never shopping with them again" after one tiny incident like that.

HMV are becoming very good lately. Some great DVD deals.

I've used Play.com and am pretty happy with them really. They're not fast at all, especially compared to Amazon, but they're pretty much the only UK online store I've found that will deliver stuff for free to Europe. Plus they're usually the cheapest.

Though they did cancel my last order as apparently my credit card details are wrong. Not sure what is wrong. =(

I always found delivery speeds for Play were awesome. Everything I've ordered has come straight away. One item they sent didn't arrive, I reported it and they refunded me the money.

I'm quite surprised that everyone seems to have given them bad rep on delivery speed.

It's usually a bit over a week for me I think, sometimes longer. But yeah, I'm in Europe so that's why I guess. Though Amazon is able to deliver in a couple of days. Just too bad about their extra fees (VAT and postage). =(

I've used Play a few times and try to avoid them whenever possible, had a few bad experiences with them. You can't go wrong with Amazon, ordered hundreds of things over the years and never had one problem.

Back in the day Amazon's delivery service was uber. Its still good now but i've definitely noticed a change over here. Maybe cause they have both grown in popularity.

I've never used play...heard a few bad things about the delivery so I stuck with what I know. Amazon all the way, baby! \o/

Seriously. Amazon? Amazon's free delivery service is the worst delivery ever and totally puts me off ordering from them. I order something in stock and I have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get it. What's the point in that?

play.com's delivery is the best delivery of any online store I've bought from. Bar shopto. Shopto are Gods when it comes to deliveries.

In the relatively short time I've ordered stuff online, Amazon have only let me down once. I ordered Heartburn on DVD for Mother's Day, but it arrived about a week and a bit after that.

However, it was basically an out of print DVD, so I wasnt too fussed.

In recent experience, I'd say that Amazon's free service is better than Play's delivery.

I bought all my DSi stuff online on Easter Sunday.

From Amazon I got my DSi and Phantom Hourglass. Both arrived on the Wednesday.

From Play I got an SD card (arrived Thursday), Chinatown Wars (arrived Friday) and a SD card reader (arrived Saturday).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!