N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. What to buy? 1 2

• 33 replies
    • 2.9k views
  2. Reset Safari?

• 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 41 replies
    • 2.8k views
  3. Emigration

• 6 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Ebay... The Song

• 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Why am I still awake?? 1 2

• 47 replies
    • 3k views
    • 30 replies
    • 2.8k views
  6. Death 1 2

• 39 replies
    • 3.1k views
  7. Canned Laughter...Ugh! 1 2 3

• 60 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  8. Ugly Betty 1 2

• 31 replies
    • 3.2k views
  9. Will it Blend?

• 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Boris Johnson 1 2

• 33 replies
    • 3k views
  11. im in hospital- 1 2 3

• 53 replies
    • 3.7k views
    • 53 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 25 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
    • 66 replies
    • 5.2k views
    • 53 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 144 replies
    • 6.9k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Colored bubbles!

• 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Knights of Cydonia 1 2 3 4 7

• 150 replies
    • 11k views
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Fame Academy 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 2.3k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Here's a good piece from Push Square about the whole thing. Lots of good points made by Sammy. I do hope this disastrous failure makes the Sony bigwigs take a long hard look at where they were heading with all of this GaaS nonsense and instead get back to basics. Sammy mentions how their single player games are costing too  much to make and while this is very true, Sony could do more by releasing small versions of their main IP, just like they done with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy or Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Smaller games built using assets and engines from main games.  They could also scale back the games they make. I mean, just look at the size and length of something like Uncharted 4 or God of War 2018 when compared to the earlier games. There was a time when I would play through previous entries of a series when a new entry was due to be released but you just can't do that anymore due to how big these games are now. This isn't just a Sony problem though but an industry wide one and it has been a costly one, with developers being laid off left and right because companies can't afford to make these huge games anymore.
    • That's one of the biggest issues with the cartridge format.  The manufacturing of the carts is so expensive that if you aren't projecting to sell above a certain threashold? It's literally not worth even printing the game; you would just be throwing away money in doing so. Add on the minimum order requirement that Nintendo had in place and it's no wonder why there are so many finished but left unreleased games for the N64. Just goes to further highlight how much of an utter disaster the choice of carts over CDs really was.
    • Opening movie for Episode Aigis:  
    • The PS Blog has been updated with some new details on the game, which alongside the previews I would assume makes up the further info @Ike mentioned was on the way!  All looks and sounds incredible. It's a good job we have a good number of games to tide us over for the next 2½ months, if only to help make the wait for this somewhat bearable 
    • A few more hands-in previews have come out following the end of an embargo for time spent with the game at Gamescom: Some really positive previews, very much looking forward to this! 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m