N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

• 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  1. Platty's Birthday! 1 2

• 33 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 4 replies
    • 64 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 25 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 66 replies
    • 4k views
  2. TeeVee!

• 2 replies
  3. iTunes album art

• 1 reply
    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 130 replies
    • 6.9k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  4. External Harddrives

• 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 5 replies
  5. xbox 360 NAT problems

• 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Free ShrinkMyTunes

• 0 replies
  7. Laptop (£600 or less) 1 2

• 29 replies
    • 4.8k views
  8. Laptop Advice

• 7 replies
  9. Rotating Videos.

• 4 replies
  10. help with laptop

• 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Having Trouble reformatting

• 3 replies
  12. Forum magic 1 2

• 29 replies
    • 2.2k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Less than a day to go – where has the time gone, huh? My copy from ShopTo shipped this morning so should be on track to arrive tomorrow  Glad I didn't start anything up and took a short break from games over the last few days to ready my hunger for this one – and boy am I ready for it! This evening I'll hop into Astro's Playroom for the last few of the Special Bots and probably make sure I'm on when the celebration goes down, because I'm really curious to see what Asobi have cooked up for that.  Then, if/when it arrives tomorrow, first order of business will be digitally upgrading to the Deluxe Edition for some more avatars  I've got a light day at work tomorrow and Monday off with no plans for the weekend outside of playing this game, so should get some good time in with it!  Can't wait – not long to go now at all! 
    • Earlier in the week, I sat down and decided to start playing this. It's been a nice slow burn, just playing half hour/an hour on an evening and I've now finished the first game.  I've really enjoyed my time with it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I can't recall anything about the original DS game and so this was really a new experience for me. Exploring the mansion gave me some non creepy Resident Evil vibes. Exploring each of the rooms, finding the keys, doing puzzles and unlocking doors definitely took me back to the Spencer Mansion. The story was pretty heartfelt at times, if very predictable. The major plot points were pretty obvious and some were telegraphed in some of the documents you find scattered about the place. I especially enjoyed looking for the origami birds which added a little more to the narrative. I know Killthenet had issues with the voice acting but I thought it was fine. Granted, I've not played the sequel yet but all the performances in the first game sat okay with me. Speaking of the sequel, I'm not sure if I'll head straight into it but I am concerned about the length. I think the 5-6 hours of the first game was the perfect length and with the sequel being twice as long, I do wonder if it will feel a little too drawn out. Considering this was originally a DS game, the team have done a great job giving it an upgrade for the Switch generation. I'm very impressed with what they've done.
    • Haha. Yeah, it just seems like a random bunch of words thrown together. I prefer the end credits song.
    • What the ACTUAL F- Oh you're watching it dubbed. That makes sense. The reason I watch subbed over dubbed is not for superiority or because I think "original is better" - it's because when you can understand the cringey shonen words being shouted out loud, it's just so silly.
    • That's great! I wish I could say the same 🥲 The gameplay was definitely the biggest issue. It felt clumsy throughout but shining a torch at random objects flying through the air just brought out a sigh in me every time. If the story captivated me I could have perhaps overlooked that a little more but I wasn't engrossed by that or the characters. The game often issues mundane tasks and objectives in the corner of the screen. It is nice to know where to go but when it's constantly 'go to this room.. speak the this person.. pick up glasses.. pick up tablets..' then it just never feels particularly compelling for me. I do think it would have had more of an impact had I played it back when it originally came out but it just hasn't resonated with me at all in 2024.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m