NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

Ok there's meant to be a live webcast revealing the robot characters that will appear in the live action film, its today 18/aug, at 11am PST, which if the world clock on my phone is right was 8pm here in Ireland/UK, but for some fracking reason the webcast won't open for me

the link to the webcas is found on the movie site here http://www.transformersmovie.com somebody with a workin comp check it out and let us know the news

Transformers

Here's the list of Transformers that will appear in the movie, as announced by the film's screenwriters here on Yahoo! Movies.

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Bumblebee

Jazz

Ratchet

Iron Hide

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Brawl

Bonecrusher

Skorpinok

Frenzy

Blackout

Barricade

I bet you all now. Bernie Mac plays Jazz

I'm not a big Transformers fan so i don't know that much but wasn't there a Autobot called Hot Rod?

Can't get it working either Franklin.... would like to see the bots though. Btw apparently Bernie Mac sells bumblebee to Shia LaBeouf's character and that's how they start the Bumblebee/Spike kind of relationship. It all sounds a bit Herbie to me...

Hot Rod won't likely be in this movie, maybe in the next one. Check some good old Hot Rod action from the movie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05R3GMyL91o

Yes there was one called Hot Rod, he became the Autobot leader in the Animated movie, odd that he's not on the list.

I also can't remember these names

Brawl

Bonecrusher

Skorpinok

Frenzy

Blackout

and Ratchet

And where's Soundwave?

It says on the website that Peter Cullen will voice Prime, is he the same guy that voiced him in the orginal show? Is there any info on who's voicing the others? i'd love it if Lenord Nimoy voiced Megatron.

Also is there any info on what their "altered forms" are based on? Like will Prime be the Prime from the orginal 80's show? Will Megatron be a gun that requires another robot to pull the trigger?

I think he'd be better off doing voicing to tell the truth. He's only good at comedy, and Jazz is a comedy sort of Autobot. Alot of some of the decepticons are from the new series of transformers. Which happens to suck quite a bit.

From what I heard the biggest transforming problem they are having is to do with the whole shrinking/growing thing. They are gonna get rid of that as I think Megatron is now going to be a jet.

Frenzy was one of Soundwave tapes, he's the red version of Rumble. He may likely be what people though soundwave would become which is an MP3 player (so equivalent to a tape).

Brawl was a small Jeep in the original series and was a combaticon. They cam together to form Bruticus.

Bonecrusher was a constructicon I think, who formed Devastator. Classic.

Skorpinok, he was a Massive decepticon that was created during the headmasters episodes. In other series he has appeared as a fairly loyal man to megatron. Apparently there will be a major scene with him annihilating an army in the desert.

Might need to do some research for Blackout.

And Ratchet, cmon you should know him. He's the red version of Ironhide and he used to be the medic for the autobots in the original series. Him, Ironhide, Prowl and Brawn get to die heroically at the beginning of the original movie.

Alot of some of the decepticons are from the new series of transformers. Which happens to suck quite a bit.

AH crap... hope that don't mean the rest are gonna be based on the new shows, if the main characters aren't based on the 80's show there will be hell to pay. It will be like a big "Frack You" to every fan of the orginal show. That WILL ruin the film so much and certain cause massive uproar among us original fans

From what I heard the biggest transforming problem they are having is to do with the whole shrinking/growing thing. They are gonna get rid of that as I think Megatron is now going to be a jet.

You gotta be frackin joking a JET?:horse:

If they can't make him a gun then at least just jump to Galvatron and make him a canon, i mean a frackin jet :shakehead

Frenzy was one of Soundwave tapes, he's the red version of Rumble. He may likely be what people though soundwave would become which is an MP3 player (so equivalent to a tape).

Ack, do we really need all this "modernisation", Soundwave should be a radio and nothing but...what was the name of the Autobot radio? Blaster was it?

Brawl was a small Jeep in the original series and was a combaticon. They cam together to form Bruticus.

hhmm..still don't recal

Bonecrusher was a constructicon I think, who formed Devastator. Classic.

Ah if so then the rest of the Constructicons better be there, imagine Devastator on the silver screen: peace:

And Ratchet, cmon you should know him. He's the red version of Ironhide and he used to be the medic for the autobots in the original series.

Ah now i remember him, cheers

Him, Ironhide, Prowl and Brawn get to die heroically at the beginning of the original movie.

hey now even to this day that scene still upsets me, mostly cause of Ironhide and Prowl, they pwned... and of course the "other" incident.

You gotta give the guys behind the animated film credit, how often can you make a film of a popular show, kill off a number of the main characters early on and still make a great film (though at the time critcis slated it, prolly because of the deaths and because it was actually very dark, mature and complex for a kids film)

Where the fuck is Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod... bit silly there's more decepticons than autobots.

Where the fuck is Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod... bit silly there's more decepticons than autobots.

Hey cmon remember that this is one in a series of films. They will bring in UM and HR later. Maybe this time Magnus will actuall have a character eh?

The changes to Megatron and Soundwave are all about the amazingly unrealistic shrinking effects. They go from being 30 ft tall robots to being a "portable to humans" tape player? Hell no. But Megatron being a jet does add one thing: more competition directly with starscream. Also they are getting back to the concept that the autobots were cars and the decepticons were planes. Fair enough me thinks.

I think we can all agree we can do without Ultra Magnus, ;)

I still don't like the idea of Megatron as a jet, and doubt i ever will, ok i'll accept the shriking issue, but they could still go for Galvatron and a canon which would make MUCH more sense

Yeah but he wouldn't be very offensive would he? I mean sure he would be devastatingly powerful but at close range he would be crap. Plus how would he move in that mode?

"Now, wait. No, stop moving. Now listen here you Mr. Optimus person! I'm trying to shoot you, will you be a bit more considerate to other robots feeling?!"

Yeah but he wouldn't be very offensive would he? I mean sure he would be devastatingly powerful but at close range he would be crap. Plus how would he move in that mode?

"Now, wait. No, stop moving. Now listen here you Mr. Optimus person! I'm trying to shoot you, will you be a bit more considerate to other robots feeling?!"

hahaha, i can actually imagine megatrons voice saying that:laughing:

But sure it came to close range he'd just use "robot mode", he could use the canon mode for better accuracy of long range attacks and don't forget he can still use the "barrel" as an "arm gun" when in robot mode, and he can still fly also anyway

Yeah maybe. But you see my point?

Also they need to get the point home (and with no straying from this one fact):

Decepticons can fly (robot mode or otherwise) and the autobots can't. That was always the way it was. It was the thing that distinguished them in the golden age.

Where is Hot Rod ?

Why don't they never listen to the fans :(

Looks like they are sticking with the Generation 1 Autobots.

I demand Ironhide gets some payback after what happend to him in the animated movie!!

At least all the characters won't be killed off in the name of making new toys for parents to buy their children.

Beastwars FTW!

Err how about no?

BW is probably the most heinous mistake in transformers history. The only thing it did was put a bit more science back into it. They used a cast of about 5 voice actors. And apart from the robots themselves, the cgi was horrendous! Even the animation on the bots made me want to gag, especially all the comedy bits! :nono:

Ok that was a bit of a doubleish post. But in regards to the film, I think they'll end up changing the story a bit from the original. As for Beastwars, I think DinoBot was kind of cool. And Rat Trap

Dunno if anyone has watched all of Armada but at the beginnning they started of with a few characters and they concentrated on them. This gave a decent amount of character depth which I would prefer.

Err how about no?

BW is probably the most heinous mistake in transformers history. The only thing it did was put a bit more science back into it. They used a cast of about 5 voice actors. And apart from the robots themselves, the cgi was horrendous! Even the animation on the bots made me want to gag, especially all the comedy bits! :nono:

Ah well i still enjoyed watching it, though the time in the morning it was on I wasn't actually awake so anything would've been awesome.